Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Ukraine War

This thread currently has 21,679 views. Print
46 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2022, 8:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
There’s a long history of manoeuvres being used to mask mobilisation for invasions. It’s why historically so many wars started in August. I’m not convinced by evidence that has been made public so far, but I wouldn’t trust Putin, he has a track record of invading neighbours. And everything so far is fitting the playbook.

I sometimes dip into RT and other Russian media and you can see how they have stepped up the preparation of the case. I know someone who shares similar views to yours Humbo, and can track what he says over time. I know that whenever he talks about Ukrainian/Georgian fascists it won’t be long before the action starts.

If Ukraine had kept their share of the nukes after the collapse of the SU, there’s no way Putin would be doing this. Russia and the US agreed to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine in the agreement by which Ukraine gave up its nukes. It broke that agreement in 2014. Regardless of whether Crimean people wanted to be Russian,  that was an invasion. “Sudetenland” 1938.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 453
GollyGTFC
February 20, 2022, 11:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,959
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from KingstonMariner
There’s a long history of manoeuvres being used to mask mobilisation for invasions. It’s why historically so many wars started in August. I’m not convinced by evidence that has been made public so far, but I wouldn’t trust Putin, he has a track record of invading neighbours. And everything so far is fitting the playbook.

I sometimes dip into RT and other Russian media and you can see how they have stepped up the preparation of the case. I know someone who shares similar views to yours Humbo, and can track what he says over time. I know that whenever he talks about Ukrainian/Georgian fascists it won’t be long before the action starts.

If Ukraine had kept their share of the nukes after the collapse of the SU, there’s no way Putin would be doing this. Russia and the US agreed to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine in the agreement by which Ukraine gave up its nukes. It broke that agreement in 2014. Regardless of whether Crimean people wanted to be Russian,  that was an invasion. “Sudetenland” 1938.

Exactly.

Sudetenland 1938 = Crimea 2014

If the world ignores Russia (the Nazi’s) invading the rest of Ukraine (Czechoslovakia) then someone else will be next like Poland were in 1939. That someone will be Estonia, Lithuania & Latvia.

It’s funny how Humbo is quoting the “Russian evacuation” of Russia backed/funded/armed separatist areas of eastern Ukraine. Coincidentally the same tactic used by Hitler who accused Poland of perpetrating atrocities against German ethnic people ahead of the Nazis invading Poland.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 453
LH
February 21, 2022, 9:43pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Putin orders troops into Eastern Ukraine regions that he’s just recognised as independent. But yes, this is all the West.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 453
KingstonMariner
February 21, 2022, 10:56pm
Meths Drinker
I said it in 2014 to someone with very similar views to Humbo (on vaccines and this): if Putin wanted to keep NATO away from his borders, he's going about it in the wrong way. He's encouraged the West to send more troops to Eastern Europe, and those countries are clinging closer to NATO now. Even famously neutral Finland* and Sweden are considering joining.

* and Finland put in a big order for F35s a while back

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 453
TownSNAFU5
February 21, 2022, 10:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Putin has raised the stakes to a much higher level of brinksmanship tonight.

Russian might be ok but he is very dangerous, unpredictable and does not accept international law.

Looking at the world in a simplistic way (historically) The Iron Curtain was built to keep people in, not to keep the West out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 453
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2022, 1:32am
Meths Drinker
So now the Wehrmacht has marched into the Sudetenland, sorry, the Russian army has marched into eastern Ukraine, the next move will be to declare a plebiscite in the occupied territories to decide on whether the people there want to join the Reich. The vote will be 97% in favour. They won’t make it 100% because that would be suspicious.

They’re probably also hoping to provoke the Ukrainians into shelling them. If not then there’ll be a repeat of the Mainila incident.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 453
GollyGTFC
February 22, 2022, 5:51am

Whiskey Drinker
I’m furious about Russia invading Ukraine. And I know who Is to blame!!!! Can somebody tell me how to block Sky News & BBC News on my Sky Q boxes?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 453
Humbercod
February 22, 2022, 7:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I’m furious about Russia invading Ukraine. And I know who Is to blame!!!! Can somebody tell me how to block Sky News & BBC News on my Sky Q boxes?

Yes they always report the truth on wars… Kosovo, Yugoslavia,Iraq 😂

Years later when the truth comes out all is forgotten and programmed muppets just carry on watching and listening to good old Auntie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 453
Humbercod
February 22, 2022, 10:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Humbercod

Yes they always report the truth on wars… Kosovo, Yugoslavia,Libya,Iraq 😂

Years later when the truth comes out all is forgotten and programmed muppets just carry on watching and listening to good old Auntie.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 453
GollyGTFC
February 22, 2022, 11:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Yes they always report the truth on wars… Kosovo, Yugoslavia,Iraq 😂

Give an example from the past then of the BBC reporting lies.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 453
46 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.