Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Ukraine War

This thread currently has 21,935 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
February 24, 2022, 3:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Surely WW3 is unlikely.

It will either be nuclear armageddon or a proxy war between East and West in some poor b*stards back yard (Ukraine, Lithuania, BiH).

This is my thinking, there’s too much to lose on both sides for all our nuclear war, but flipping up a few small countries will be more than acceptable. That’s not my view in the slightest mind, but globally that’s what it will be seen as…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 453
Poojah
February 24, 2022, 3:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509

Quoted from Limerick Mariner

But expansionist dictators can only be stopped by force. NATO has to respond now mobilising to reinforce all of NATO eastern Europe. It will cost us all a load of our taxes and the last thing we need after COVID but there is no choice. We need to force Russia into a Cold War they can't win. Russia spends 5% of GDP on military - more than any NATO country but their economy is tiny compared to the combined NATO economy. NATO can outspend them easily with some economic pain but with sanctions and the cost of occupation of Ukraine Russia can't win a Cold War. When the wall came down the Soviet `bloc was shown to be hollowed out economically and militarily and actually was posing much less of a conventional military threat than the west feared. The only strategy I can see is to hollow out Russia and hope that Putin is removed by his own people.

Name one expansionist dictator with a nuclear arsenal and the means to reach the western world with it, that has been stopped by force.

Nuclear weapons are the joker and will probably one day be mankind’s ultimate downfall. Hopefully just not right now.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 453
GollyGTFC

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Humbercod
This is not what I wanted to see in Ukraine. It didn’t have to end this way. Even days ago an agreement that Ukraine would never join NATO and the full implementation of the Minsk Agreement would have ended the crisis.

The FT’s (berated) call for this was right. Pumping Ukraine full of NATO weapons, mercenaries and propaganda was a grave mistake (and Russia inherits a billion dollars worth of weaponry). What was intended as a demonstration of NATO strength has ended with proof of its weakness.

The US empire is fading. The sun has risen in the east. Britain should fulfil its destiny as an independent country, free from the EU, and free from the USA.

George Galloway.

No it wouldn’t. Why can’t you accept you are 100% wrong? Putin has no issue whatsoever with NATO. What he fears is democracy and openness infecting Russia.

He can’t stomach having a Slavic country on his doorstep that is democratic, free and outward looking. Which is exactly the reason he’s destroyed the free press in Russia over the last 10 years.

He couldn’t allow Ukraine to thrive as the Russian people will start to notice what Putin has done to their own country and stolen from them.

Ukraine is a danger to him because it shows him and his regime for what it is. He’s a dictator in a sham democracy where opposition politicians are locked up.

Ukraine only became a proper issue to him when the Ukrainians kicked out their last Russian leaning President in 2014 and changed from a Putin-like sham democracy to a genuine (but fledgling) democracy. Until then they were Belarus-like.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 122 - 453
Humbercod
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Panic over Biden has awoken and soon to address the world, Russian tanks will soon be reversing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 453
jamesgtfc
February 24, 2022, 3:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

This is my thinking, there’s too much to lose on both sides for all our nuclear war, but flipping up a few small countries will be more than acceptable. That’s not my view in the slightest mind, but globally that’s what it will be seen as…

If the west sits back, what happens and when does he stop?

If we go all in by supporting Ukraine with military and meaningful economic sanctions, what could happen?

Fighting in Chernobyl now; why use nuclear weapons when you can blow up nuclear waste instead?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 453
promotion plaice
February 24, 2022, 4:01pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200

Must admit I had no idea Chernobyl was in Ukraine, I always assumed it was inside Russia itself....duh.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 453
LH
February 24, 2022, 5:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,597
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If the west sits back, what happens and when does he stop?

If we go all in by supporting Ukraine with military and meaningful economic sanctions, what could happen?

Fighting in Chernobyl now; why use nuclear weapons when you can blow up nuclear waste instead?

They’re not fighting there. They’re using it as a safe passage to get to Kyiv quicker cause they know the Ukrainians aren’t daft enough to drop ordnance on the exclusion zone. You can always decontaminate after going into the zone so it’s (relatively) safe to do.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 453
Limerick Mariner
February 24, 2022, 5:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Poojah

Name one expansionist dictator with a nuclear arsenal and the means to reach the western world with it, that has been stopped by force.

Nuclear weapons are the joker and will probably one day be mankind’s ultimate downfall. Hopefully just not right now.

The mujahideen did a pretty good job. As long as there is MAD then Putin would have to be mad to press the button just because NATO's eastern border is bristling with military hardware and Ukrainian rebels are being fed with military aid. Of course he might become a total crackpot like Hitler - then we have to rely on a successful coup.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 453
Poojah
February 24, 2022, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from promotion plaice

Must admit I had no idea Chernobyl was in Ukraine

It’s not anymore.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 453
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2022, 6:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod
Panic over Biden has awoken and soon to address the world, Russian tanks will soon be reversing.

Fûck off back under your stone you cut price Oswald Moseley.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 453
46 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.