Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 271 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,404 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 6, 2021, 12:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Something that has not been considered is that if something has happened behind the scenes Stockwood and Petit know about it. It is inconceivable that it hasn't been discussed between them and Hurst and that a plan is in place to sort it out.

Stockwood and Petit will also be aware of how we are feeling and how the run is likely to suck the life out of our 'renaissance'. They're not stupid. They also know we've lost 6 out of 7.

And a section of the crowd abusing Hurst will have little or no effect on the situation.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 6, 2021, 12:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from denni266

To be honest i wasnt relating anything to his size as in height or other .but if you read it that way thats up to you ..

Yes you were.

It’s almost as bad as people calling Hurst a ‘poisonous dw*rf’.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 314
Poojah
December 6, 2021, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,550
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Ipswin
So how long is everyone prepared to give it?

6 defeats out of 7 could quite easily become 10 out of 11. Will that do it or would it take Kings Lynn to push him over the edge

(If we lose to K Lynn there are three more potential defeats waiting after that)

Maybe a couple of lucky draws will be enough to satisfy many on here

It’s a reasonable question to be fair. Personally, my expectation is that a degree of mitigation will be afforded to Hurst in that a poor run of form has segued into a particularly difficult run of fixtures (our next four games fall against the four teams with the highest PPG in the league right now) and that even if straight defeats should follow, Hurst will still be in the dugout come King’s Lynn.

Lose that though, and it’s hard to find an argument to keep a manager who would have lost 12 out of 13 in gainful employment. That is, of course, hypothetical for now. A win against Chesterfield, as unlikely as it feels from this vantage point, would massively change the complexion of things.

I’d be surprised if Hurst doesn’t find a way to muddle through these next few games though. He had some very dodgy spells in his previous spell here, but always managed to just about find a way to come through.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 314
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 6, 2021, 12:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Thing is now ive calmed down from the dissapointment again, yeh its a shocker of a run of form, but in 3 or 4 games time we couldve halted the drop, if we finish the season in the playoffs thats a great success really, if we finished mid table I think we'd be in the playoffs the following season, its not all that bad really despite it feeling bad after every game at the minute. This leagues just a massive pain in the bottom to get out of

But between hurst weve had bignot, slade, jolley and holloway, and when each of them arrived they arrived to praise at being the solution to what we needed, im not saying we cant do better than hurst but we can definately do disasterously worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 314
Zmariner
December 6, 2021, 12:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Read it with your own eyes. It’s started.

Already fans are calling JS & AP into question and making them accountable. Already fans are saying the exact opposite to what JS & AP are. The pair are fully behind PH and want him as their manager to build something. But fans are calling for his head. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that already a direct criticism of the decisions of the owners in their football decision making?

Come on guys, how often was JF criticised for making the wrong calls in manager appointments and persisting with his choices for so long. That’s essentially what the Hurst Out brigade are doing now to JF & AP

Long after your glass screens, community engagement and scotch eggs, it comes down to the football and the football management that is 99% of the satisfaction of fans. If that 99% isn’t good, then fans start to turn. And that has clearly started.

Someone told me that JS is very aware of this. When we was flying high at the top of the league he told them that it was “all very positive, but let’s see what happens if it all turns to bat excrement

Your posts are often designed to be provocative and it is difficult to benchmark against the previous regime which has taken us into the National League twice. In essence there is just nothing to defend. Yet at every opportunity you like to wind people up. Great to have an opinion but I always feel these posts are antagonistic and bring nothing other than amuse you. .You cannot defend the previous regime we still play in a rotten football ground at the lowest level in our history.I do not for one second think that JF ever wanted this and tried hard to avoid it but this is where we are
I am pro Paul Hurst but he did a poor job last season and we are on poor form again this season and so he will get some flack, just part of the job nothing more.
The new owners are clearly smart business men And it was obvious that things would not run smoothly always. This is the problem of Paul Hurst and his team, he has been offered backing and we are getting beaten by teams with very low resources on a regular basis.He should have a couple of months to get this fixed, if he fails he will inevitably have to be removed but I do not expect it to come to this

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 314
December 6, 2021, 12:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

It’s a reasonable question to be fair. Personally, my expectation is that a degree of mitigation will be afforded to Hurst in that a poor run of form has segued into a particularly difficult run of fixtures (our next four games fall against the four teams with the highest PPG in the league right now) and that even if straight defeats should follow, Hurst will still be in the dugout come King’s Lynn.

Lose that though, and it’s hard to find an argument to keep a manager who would have lost 12 out of 13 in gainful employment. That is, of course, hypothetical for now. A win against Chesterfield, as unlikely as it feels from this vantage point, would massively change the complexion of things.

I’d be surprised if Hurst doesn’t find a way to muddle through these next few games though. He had some very dodgy spells in his previous spell here, but always managed to just about find a way to come through.

Despite our recent troubles in front of goal, I quite fancy Bell and Taylor to grab something.

I’m more concerned that Hurst’s rope-a-dope in the big matches won’t work with the instability in defence / keeper / central midfield.

No disrespect meant to Waterfall and Pearson but I would worry about Tshimanga getting beyond them. It’s got an early red card written all over it. Presumably Towler will switch back to CB and will partner Waterfall.

If we leave too much space behind our defence we will be punished; against Chesterfield in particular.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 314
Poojah
December 6, 2021, 12:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,550
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Zmariner

Your posts are often designed to be provocative and it is difficult to benchmark against the previous regime which has taken us into the National League twice. In essence there is just nothing to defend. Yet at every opportunity you like to wind people up. Great to have an opinion but I always feel these posts are antagonistic and bring nothing other than amuse you. .You cannot defend the previous regime we still play in a rotten football ground at the lowest level in our history.I do not for one second think that JF ever wanted this and tried hard to avoid it but this is where we are
I am pro Paul Hurst but he did a poor job last season and we are on poor form again this season and so he will get some flack, just part of the job nothing more.
The new owners are clearly smart business men And it was obvious that things would not run smoothly always. This is the problem of Paul Hurst and his team, he has been offered backing and we are getting beaten by teams with very low resources on a regular basis.He should have a couple of months to get this fixed, if he fails he will inevitably have to be removed but I do not expect it to come to this

Pretty much spot on with all of that. The only thing I would add is that whilst I don’t doubt the effort Fenty put in over the years, he was always going to be undermined not only by his overwhelming ego and narcissism but also be his complete lack of awareness of it. He was unable to see the world through anyone’s eyes but his own.

With hindsight, no amount of hard work could have overcome his fundamental, innate character flaws and he was always doomed to fail at GTFC.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 314
Ipswin
December 6, 2021, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings

Not our decision to make, so it's a pointless question.

Cue some joke about Hurst and pointless.

I simply wanted to know when even the most rose-tinted Hurst lovers might start to turn against him on here

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 314
December 6, 2021, 12:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

I simply wanted to know when even the most rose-tinted Hurst lovers might start to turn against him on here

I’m still waiting for the myopia-glass-wearing, Hurst-out brigade to suggest a credible replacement.

And don’t offer me Colin Warnock again!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 314
Ipswin
December 6, 2021, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I doubt any review would take place before the end of the season and as Ginny points out it's irrelevant what we think.

Just in case though who was your 2nd choice behind Neil Warnock BTW?

There's a very stunned bloke packing his stuff up at Portman Road as we speak and of course there's Russ Slade

But as I say, every time some twit asks who I would take in place of Hurst, when I know the names of those who are in for the job I'll let you know

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.