Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 284 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,401 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
December 5, 2021, 9:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MarinerWY

Are you taking the urine? Genuinely, whatever happens on the pitch we are so much better off with Stockwood and Petit than Fenty.

You are being selective with your examples. I'd say 3 things which are huge examples of how much things have improved:

1. The communication with fans. Open, on various platforms (Humberside, DN35 podcast, at the games, OS)
2. The apprenticeship/training opportunity in data with a job guarantee for ppl from North East Lincs who complete it. Can anyone imagine Fenty doing that?!
3. The exagerrated 'pricey' (its not, its just better quality) food and drinks at games also come with the Family Fanzone, one of the most innovative and enjoyable additions to BP I can remember
4. We're applying to be a b-corp. Statement of intent to make the club more about community and social good.

Fair enough, get disgruntled with Hurst - I disagree but that's fine. But starting to turn on the new owners?! intercourse me, football fans beggar belief at times.

No MarinerWY I’m not taking the urine.
I’m seeing a big disconnect between the aims of Stockwood and Petit and the reality on the ground. Yesterday I was able to take a leak in spacious, clean warm toilets. I couldn’t understand why a pint in a London football club is cheaper than a pint in one of the most deprived areas in the country. I didn’t need a second mortgage to buy a coffee and a pie and queued for less than 5 minutes.

I saw Stockwood and Debbie on a few occasions when we were winning games, but not over the last few weeks. Correct me if I’m wrong but the fanszone was already in the plans before the new owners arrived and was not funded by them. BCorp, how can a club that really has prehistoric facilities and overcharges in one of the most deprived wards in the country ever deserve to be given BCorp, unless the Chairman of said club is on the board of BCorp?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 314
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2021, 10:02am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What investment are we having by the way? There was a decent amount of money in the bank when 1878 took over and the gate receipts must be way over budget.

How much? Have you been privy to the accounts for the year ending 31/5/21which haven’t been published yet?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 314
aldi_01
December 5, 2021, 10:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Always makes me chuckle when people assume investment means cash…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 314
Swansea_Mariner
December 5, 2021, 10:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How much? Have you been privy to the accounts for the year ending 31/5/21which haven’t been published yet?

I think JS stated  on the radio Kingston that the previous board had managed the finances well, however I really don't think it a positive to have had largeish sums of money in the bank when we were getting flushed down the non league toilet last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 314
ginnywings
December 5, 2021, 10:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What investment are we having by the way? There was a decent amount of money in the bank when 1878 took over and the gate receipts must be way over budget.

I've seen first hand the work that is going on at the ground and off site at Cheapside and also the work that desperately needs doing. Years and years of neglect are coming home to roost and it's going to be a very expensive fix. Then there is the investment in a new training ground.

Yes, investment in the team is important, but they need somewhere to train and a ground to play in.

Didn't take long for people to start dissing the new owners.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 314
Northbank Mariner
December 5, 2021, 10:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Bit of a soft question really that now isn't it?...
Training ground- upgraded with new equipment, pitch and staff.
BP- upgraded, pitch sorted.
Staff - kitman, chefs, groundsman, masseurs, analysts.
So that little lot will have emptied whatever was left in the kitty by honest John and will have needed the new board to put their hands in their pockets and top funds up, which they duly have
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2021, 10:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No I haven't. I just remember what was said by JS when they took over.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 314
ginnywings
December 5, 2021, 10:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Isn't the money left in the club owed to JF anyway? All the money he 'invested', he's getting back, so not really investment is it?

He even claimed he is till investing in the club when he last appeared on here a few weeks back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2021, 10:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Bit of a soft question really that now isn't it?...
Training ground- upgraded with new equipment, pitch and staff.
BP- upgraded, pitch sorted.
Staff - kitman, chefs, groundsman, masseurs, analysts.
So that little lot will have emptied whatever was left in the kitty by honest John and will have needed the new board to put their hands in their pockets and top funds up, which they duly have

Fair enough - I'm sure you've got the numbers worked out for the increased gate receipts too so I'll take you at your word.
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 314
HertsGTFC
December 5, 2021, 10:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

JS said that there was money in the bank but that money sounded like it was working capitol rather than capex. The new owners may not have gone out and spunked £250K on a new player and committed to paying said player an unsustainable salary but they are responsible for some positive change in a club that has been held back by negativity for years. Money is available for a new striker that's been said by JS on many occasions it's just that we haven't been able to attract one.

Improved pitch, Cheapside upgraded, expanded back room staff new training ground project on the cards is all backing the manager. As far as BP is concerned you can't polish a turd but I do agree a lick of paints in the toilets and the tea bar in the lower actually being able to serve basic tea and coffee (they had no milk a couple of weeks ago) would make  a bit of a difference.    

So why am I talking about the owners on a thread about the manager? Simple, they stand for long term sustainable change which though unpopular with many posters on here is what the club needs rather than people coming in and throwing money at it and their values and strategy won't lead to any managerial change for a good while yet.

That said fail to get into the play offs and yes I think the question should be seriously considered, not because we're the mighty Grimsby Town but because as there is one automatic place then a play off spot is an attainable objective, the worry is that these are 9 clubs including us who are pushing for 7 places.

Why would we swap the manager now?  The likelihood of a new manager coming in and us then winning the league with this set of players is in theory possible but anyone who has a realistic bone in their body knows it's not going to happen. So new manager comes in gets us into the play off's, if Hurst gets us there isn't that the same thing?

Personally Hurst like every manager looks like he's made some mistakes in set up and selection but also I think we've lost sight of the fact he's asked some players to do a job and quite simply a number of them haven't done this at crucial points in games and we've paid the price.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.