Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 277 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,353 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
December 8, 2021, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
All wonderful stuff when the fanzone is packed out and selling last amounts of overpriced scotch eggs but what about when it is mid January, we are mid table and its blowing a gale, freezing cold and pissing down with rain with 3500-4000 miserable wretches not packed into Blundell Park

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 314
thefish
December 8, 2021, 12:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Ipswin
All wonderful stuff when the fanzone is packed out and selling last amounts of overpriced scotch eggs but what about when it is mid January, we are mid table and its blowing a gale, freezing cold and pissing down with rain with 3500-4000 miserable wretches not packed into Blundell Park

I bet your misses loves you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 314
sam gy
December 8, 2021, 12:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Ipswin

Yes what about it? What is your point?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 314
Northbank Mariner
December 8, 2021, 1:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't know why you're getting your drawers in a twist Swin, with all respect you don't go pal, doesn't affect your match day experience!..
The fanzone is a little belter, kids area, live bands/, artists, good food and a place to chat all things football, I've met new fans I'd not normally have got to chat to.
And you may be a "miserable wretch" but don't taint us all with your own persona..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 314
Swansea_Mariner
December 8, 2021, 1:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from sam gy

Yes what about it? What is your point?

I don't think he has one, not at least one I can get my head around.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 314
rancido
December 8, 2021, 2:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from sam gy
Don't want to sound like i'm dismissing your points Rancido, because if people are genuinely getting priced out of eating/drinking at BP then thats obviously not great -  but surely there is a choice to either eat before you enter BP, or choose something different within BP if people are more hard up? There are still stalls that sell the more standard fare aren't there? (correct me if i'm wrong as i don't know for sure, but i think i remember seeing that there is..)

4 quid for a scotch egg sounds expensive on a base level, but it's not exactly a bog standard scotch egg that you'd get off the shelf in Tesco.

I think the whole point about the new catering in the fanzone and BP was to offer a different alternative, something a bit nicer than what you'll usually find at a football match to entice people into spending a bit more inside BP and support local businesses at the same time. It seems to be working but these things do cost a bit more than the mass produced stuff that has been on sale previously.

As i mentioned earlier, the club still has a deal with Molson Coors to provide drinks at a cheaper price..

I agree that anything to bring more fans in to spend more money is a good thing, both for the club and the fans match day experience. I still think a less expensive, quality middle ground could be aimed for. The point about beers is an interesting one. I used to be in the pub trade many years ago and the price you paid the brewery was based on your "barrelage" ie the amount you sold. The greater the barrelage then the greater the discount. A case could be argued that if the beer was priced at a more competitive level then you would sell more thus increasing your barrelage possibly increasing your discount. Now I appreciate that the opportunities to sell beer at the Club is limited by the times it is open but it is an area that could be explored in the future.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 314
aldi_01
December 8, 2021, 2:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Ipswin

What are you actually talking about? You literally make no point hereā€¦

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 314
Son of Cod
December 8, 2021, 2:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Have managed to stay out of any of the negative threads for ages, but thought I'd dip my toes back in and open up page 29 of this and the first thing I see is Ipswin still banging on about the fucking scotch eggs months later.

[img]https://c.tenor.com/1j2id8DUaRgAAAAd/abuelo-simpson.gif[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 314
Mayaman
December 8, 2021, 2:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 73
I've obviously been abroad for too long. 4 quid for a scotch egg!!!   I'd want a T Rex egg for that.  Last time I went I got a hot chocolate.  It turned out to be a Willy Wonka one because it never got cold, which was nice because it was bitterly cold - especially for little ole me because I'm used to running around in shorts.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 314
ginnywings
December 8, 2021, 3:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

I agree that anything to bring more fans in to spend more money is a good thing, both for the club and the fans match day experience. I still think a less expensive, quality middle ground could be aimed for. The point about beers is an interesting one. I used to be in the pub trade many years ago and the price you paid the brewery was based on your "barrelage" ie the amount you sold. The greater the barrelage then the greater the discount. A case could be argued that if the beer was priced at a more competitive level then you would sell more thus increasing your barrelage possibly increasing your discount. Now I appreciate that the opportunities to sell beer at the Club is limited by the times it is open but it is an area that could be explored in the future.

Lowering the prices wouldn't result in more sales. The queue for the bar is constant from the moment it opens until it shuts. Not so full after the game ends, but the bar is always busy.

I've not been in there much as a paying customer because it is usually one in one out by the time I get to the ground, but when I have been in, I have never seen the bar staff with no one to serve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.