Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 285 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,405 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
December 6, 2021, 4:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from gytone
If players don't like it round here and think it's boring then they can intercourse off as far as I'm concerned, we  don't want or need them either.

They do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 314
chaos33
December 6, 2021, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Hardly a cosmopolitan hotspot is it.
Not sure there’s much to attract young pro’s to want to live in Clee or GY

It’s understandable that pro’s at our level sacrifice an awful lot in coming to live in our area compared to more appealing locations. The price you pay I suppose for trying to make your way as a professional player

Sad to hear of the stupidity. I’d guess that any teammates in his car have got to take a long hard look at themselves too, for allowing a friend to get behind the wheel of a car. Unforgivable all round really

I find this notion a bit difficult to accept in all honesty. I know it’s not London or Manchester, but f@cking hell - it’s all relative isn’t it. At least they’ve got a seaside bolted onto the town. What do you suppose there is to do in your spare time or on a night out in Crawley, or Mansfield, or Barrow, or Kings Lynn or Burton on Trent, or Swindon….etc….

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 6, 2021, 5:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from chaos33

I find this notion a bit difficult to accept in all honesty. I know it’s not London or Manchester, but f@cking hell - it’s all relative isn’t it. At least they’ve got a seaside bolted onto the town. What do you suppose there is to do in your spare time or on a night out in Crawley, or Mansfield, or Barrow, or Kings Lynn or Burton on Trent, or Swindon….etc….

Crawley has London on the doorstep. Mansfield and Burton players probably live in Nottingham. Barrow train in Cheshire so the players are likely to live in Cheshire or Manc.

Swindon has…roundabouts and is commutable from Bristol.

King’s Lynn has incest on tap.

The problem isn’t Grimsby / Cleethorpes necessarily. It’s the lack of big city nearby.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 314
louth_in_the_south
December 6, 2021, 5:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,685
Gold Stars: 96
Thanks for clearing that up . Takes someone of higher intelligence to explain something such as basic geography ffs

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 314
ska face
December 6, 2021, 5:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Nobody’s said the players don’t want to be here, but it’s typical of town fans to immediately start slating the squad for being out on a Saturday as soon as they hit a bad patch. There’s fúck all else to do other than disappear to a different town/city just to have a pint without getting grief off people round here. How much can anyone “Lord it up” around meggies anyway? you can get 3 pints and still have change from a tenner.
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 314
HertsGTFC
December 6, 2021, 6:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,940
Gold Stars: 228

Crawley has London on the doorstep. Mansfield and Burton players probably live in Nottingham. Barrow train in Cheshire so the players are likely to live in Cheshire or Manc.

Swindon has…roundabouts and is commutable from Bristol.

King’s Lynn has incest on tap.

The problem isn’t Grimsby / Cleethorpes necessarily. It’s the lack of big city nearby.

What about Hull?............... I'll get me coat  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 314
Ipswin
December 6, 2021, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Well my Mrs was stood talking to DLK in Cleethorpes at 1am after the Bromsgrove game, a week before Sears drove under the influence. Her mate was trying to take him back to hers.

He was saying that it's so boring around here and there's nothing to do compared to where he's from.

Perhaps our two new wealthy owners could open a few venues in Meggies and import a few good looking women to entertain the boys instead of all the stuff they are doing to Blundell Park

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 314
Nelly GTFC
December 6, 2021, 7:37pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,749
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Ipswin
Perhaps our two new wealthy owners could open a few venues in Meggies and import a few good looking women to entertain the boys instead of all the stuff they are doing to Blundell Park
I would rather treat them to a KFC as a win bonus after a game, plenty of breast and thighs still, and a greasy box to stick their bones in.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 314
toontown
December 6, 2021, 7:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ska face
Nobody’s said the players don’t want to be here, but it’s typical of town fans to immediately start slating the squad for being out on a Saturday as soon as they hit a bad patch. There’s fúck all else to do other than disappear to a different town/city just to have a pint without getting grief off people round here. How much can anyone “Lord it up” around meggies anyway? you can get 3 pints and still have change from a tenner.

Yeah exactly, so they go out like loads of pro footballers do on a Saturday night, from elite level down to tier 5 and below. Its only now a problem cos their form is so bad but no doubt they were doing it when their form was really good. And no doubt the teams that we have lost to (and the ones we've beaten) are doing it too. It's not the reason.

And christ when I was 18 I was looking for somewhere more exciting to live and I hadn't been brought up in London like DLK, its hardly surprising big cities, or towns close to them, appeal to young men.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 314
jamesgtfc
December 6, 2021, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,963
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Chesterfield are top of the league and could be coming here Saturday thinking about a game at Old Trafford, Anfield or The Emirates. It's a tough game to go into in current form but football is a funny old game and I fancy us to get something.

Or Stamford Bridge.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.