Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 214 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,341 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2021, 11:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Poojah

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t hugely concerned by the prospect of not going straight up this season. We are where we are, largely through the ineptitude of a regime no longer at the club (though importantly, still drawing from it), and like it or not there are at least four clubs with bigger budgets than ourselves, plus several others who went into pre-season with far more established squads.

I never saw this season as promotion or out for Hurst, but this current run of form has to be deeply, deeply concerning. There’s certainly an argument to be made that these last 7 games is the worst patch of form in the club’s history, and that’s going some. Let’s just re-cap for a moment.

- Wealdstone - in the relegation zone, out of form and hampered by injuries to key players
- Notts County - perhaps unlucky, but ultimately failed to score
Kidderminster - National League North
Aldershot - second from bottom and bottom of the form guide having been spanked 5-0 by Wrexham just days before
- Solihull - barely in the game for all but 10 minutes
- Dagenham - horribly out of form and absolutely decimated by injuries

With the exception of Notts County, you could tag any one of those results as ‘unacceptable’ for a club of Town’s stature, but to string six of them together in a little over a month is frankly astonishing and something I didn’t see happening in even my worst nightmares this season.

It’s difficult to see us winning any of our next four, or even taking anything at all, so the prospect of this horrendous run of form getting even worse and then some is staring us right in the face.

I just find it incomprehensible that we have gone from such a brilliant side at the start of the season to looking utterly bereft of confidence and ideas to the point you just cannot see where the next win is coming from.

The idea has been mooted on here that perhaps something has gone on behind the scenes, and the more bleak things get the more realistic this scenario sounds in my head. This is no more than putting 2 and 2 together and maybe getting 5, but our slide correlates almost perfectly with Stockport sacking Rusk. Did Hurst entertain that role?

I don’t know, I honestly don’t. But something is seriously wrong and whilst I don’t condone people getting aggressive or abusive, I can certainly understand where the anger and frustration is coming from.

As usual, cogent stuff Poojah which pretty much sums up where I am on this.

One or two are putting a few rumours around about events that may have contributed and the previous levels of transparency promised by the owners appear to be evaporating. For sure, the feelgood factor has gone and, whilst the doom laden days of Fenty are too, there's an undercurrent of something being amiss. Don't like it at all.
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 314
dapperz fun pub
December 5, 2021, 11:35am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
[quote=120845]

Get it completely and don’t disagree. Surely some of that sits at the door of the players doesn’t it? [/quote

Some of it does sit with the players for sure , I’ve heard some of players lord it round meggies like their big time. Not saying they can’t go out but it appears attitude in some cases seems questionable. Ultimately though this is hursts team and the buck stops with him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 314
pen penfras
December 5, 2021, 11:35am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I’m astounded to hear people discussing this rubbish.

You sack managers when you are at the bottom of the league’s, staring relegation in the face. Not when you have enjoyed an explosive start to the season following a relegation, then had a subsequent poor run, but see still very much in the pack of serious promotion contenders. With an interesting January transfer window just around the corner, with the backing of owners, and a manager that has a good record in the transfer market

Seriously people, come on. Give your heads a wobble and realise we are not in a bad place and that we have to support our manager

You sack players when the club is underperforming. I can't see how the last 7 games can be described as anything but that. I don't think it's quite time just yet, but something is seriously wrong and not finishing in the playoffs, which looks a serious possibility, would absolutely be a failure for this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 314
Hagrid
December 5, 2021, 11:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Well i said a few weeks back its all well and good Being B Corp, having nice Scotch Eggs…

Results keep the fanbase happy, results get bums on seats. We look a million miles away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2021, 11:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

You sack players when the club is underperforming. I can't see how the last 7 games can be described as anything but that. I don't think it's quite time just yet, but something is seriously wrong and not finishing in the playoffs, which looks a serious possibility, would absolutely be a failure for this season.

You sack players? Really!
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 314
Ipswin
December 5, 2021, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Hagrid
Well i said a few weeks back its all well and good Being B Corp, having nice Scotch Eggs…

Results keep the fanbase happy, results get bums on seats.

Well said that man, I said it weeks ago too and got pelters for it

Winning matches is all that matters and is all that will keep folk going to Blundell Park. The fanzone, good PR, computerised tickets, nice scotch eggs, keeping the fans 'in the loop' et al won't do it.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 314
dapperz fun pub
December 5, 2021, 11:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Only yesterday Lincoln fans fighting each other and they have a lovely fan zone 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 314
pen penfras
December 5, 2021, 11:59am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You sack players? Really!

We both know I meant managers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2021, 12:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Well said that man, I said it weeks ago too and got pelters for it

Winning matches is all that matters and is all that will keep folk going to Blundell Park. The fanzone, good PR, computerised tickets, nice scotch eggs, keeping the fans 'in the loop' et al won't do it.

Exactly. Winning matches is the single most important thing. Even under the previous regime, attendances went up when results were good.

I can't honestly say that B Corp, scotch eggs and a fanzone gets me very excited - we are still Grimsby Town and we still have a shithole for a ground at the end of the day. Improvements on the pitch are far more important than those off it - we look destined for a long stay in this league if we're not careful - though I'm happy to be proved wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 314
MarinerWY
December 5, 2021, 12:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Ipswin

An impressive list of non on-field football successes. How many points are awarded for the 'achievements' you have listed and how many of them will be 'enjoyable' in January when we are mid table and its pissing down with rain?

Obviously no points are awarded in the league for those achievements. However to me they will make a difference even if we are mid-table.

They will make a difference wherever we are in the league, because at the very least even if stuff isn't going well on the pitch, I'll know that the club is doing good things as a community asset and is run by people determined for the club to have a positive impact on the local community.

Of course, doing well on the pitch is hugely important and I'd obviously want both on and off the pitch going brilliantly. But I'd much rather we were mid-table with the current owners, investing in the long-term future of the club and the community, than mid-table with John Fenty at the helm.
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.