Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 184 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,009 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
December 6, 2021, 8:45am
Guest User
Quoted from denni266

No  i dont want us to waste money , but you have to spend and come out of poundland . Hurst just makes excuses all the time

You should go watch some Under 10's football, it's just about your level.

Reply: 200 - 314
HertsGTFC
December 6, 2021, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Davec

My concern is that if it comes to a point where Hurst should be sacked (I don't think it is at that point yet) but if it comes to that point what's the chances of them sacking him? Stockwood has repeatedly said Paul is in charge of the football stuff and he's openly admitted to not being a "football man" so he could easily come out and say something like "we know results has been unacceptable but Paul is in charge of the football side of things so we'll leave that to him to sort out."

As I said I don't think we are at that point yet but if we ever did get to that point that would be my concern.

I actually think this is a good point, from what I've seen of the new owners I would imagine that they would have some KPI's and targets in place but whether that is promotion in the first season back, play-offs and see what happens or mid table "stability" if that is what it could be described as who knows? What I can see though is they appear to be patient so those baying for the manager to be binned need to cool their jets as it's not going to happen for a good while yet.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 314
Zmariner
December 6, 2021, 8:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Why are people now starting to question the new owners?

Surely not?

You cannot possibly be criticising JS & AP and their new CEO. They are delivering on absolutely everything that our dam base wanted, and they are unequivocally beyond reproach for their work at the club.

Please stop

You are a plonker.......just a prize plonker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 314
denni266
December 6, 2021, 9:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from 123614

You should go watch some Under 10's football, it's just about your level.

And you sir should get back to watching the telly tubbies ,, You just dont like anyone that has a different opinion to you . My different opinion has served me well in life  , So if you dont like it dont read it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 314
jamesgtfc
December 6, 2021, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
I said at the outset that I thought it would take 3 years to get back out. Do I want us to get promoted sooner than that? Of course I do but I'm also realistic.

One automatic space and then 6 play-off places fighting for the other promotion place. Bristol Rovers did it at the first time of asking in 2015 but I seem to recall that they were much better prepared for relegation than us and kept most of their squad together. They also had a huge stroke of luck in that final as the referee didn't want to spoil the game for neutrals.

1878 have decided that the services of Mark Palmer are no longer required, Ian Fleming has left so we have 3 senior executives at the club in Stockwood, Pettit and Cook who are 7 months into their football industry careers. How do they go about recruiting a replacement for Paul Hurst?

6 losses in 7 is bad but chopping and changing managers doesn't usually bring success. I want to see Hurst addressing our weaknesses over the next 6-8 weeks and grinding out a few victories. Chesterfield are top of the league and could be coming here Saturday thinking about a game at Old Trafford, Anfield or The Emirates. It's a tough game to go into in current form but football is a funny old game and I fancy us to get something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 314
Zmariner
December 6, 2021, 9:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I said at the outset that I thought it would take 3 years to get back out. Do I want us to get promoted sooner than that? Of course I do but I'm also realistic.

One automatic space and then 6 play-off places fighting for the other promotion place. Bristol Rovers did it at the first time of asking in 2015 but I seem to recall that they were much better prepared for relegation than us and kept most of their squad together. They also had a huge stroke of luck in that final as the referee didn't want to spoil the game for neutrals.

1878 have decided that the services of Mark Palmer are no longer required, Ian Fleming has left so we have 3 senior executives at the club in Stockwood, Pettit and Cook who are 7 months into their football industry careers. How do they go about recruiting a replacement for Paul Hurst?

6 losses in 7 is bad but chopping and changing managers doesn't usually bring success. I want to see Hurst addressing our weaknesses over the next 6-8 weeks and grinding out a few victories. Chesterfield are top of the league and could be coming here Saturday thinking about a game at Old Trafford, Anfield or The Emirates. It's a tough game to go into in current form but football is a funny old game and I fancy us to get something.

I agree with you, I am a little more calm now. If he could even turn these defeats into draws it would take the heat off him. He will be feeling the heat because of his recent managerial record another job will not come easily and so turning the corner really is critical. The Chesterfield match I think will be very tight but they clearly are a lot more potent than we are and so we will need to take our chances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 314
BeijingMariner
December 6, 2021, 9:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,674
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from denni266
Had enough of this little never was man.  5 changes  a back line that is crap.   He has had a year and done nothing apart from a few odd games  then free fall  dont even come back to clear your desk

What has his size got to do with it?
No, seriously, what?
Maybe next time you could bring his sexuality into it?
Shoe size?
People who start with an insult based on immutable characteristics have some issues, for sure.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 206 - 314
Fillipe Noche
December 6, 2021, 9:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Zmariner

You are a plonker.......just a prize plonker

Read it with your own eyes. It’s started.

Already fans are calling JS & AP into question and making them accountable. Already fans are saying the exact opposite to what JS & AP are. The pair are fully behind PH and want him as their manager to build something. But fans are calling for his head. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that already a direct criticism of the decisions of the owners in their football decision making?

Come on guys, how often was JF criticised for making the wrong calls in manager appointments and persisting with his choices for so long. That’s essentially what the Hurst Out brigade are doing now to JF & AP

Long after your glass screens, community engagement and scotch eggs, it comes down to the football and the football management that is 99% of the satisfaction of fans. If that 99% isn’t good, then fans start to turn. And that has clearly started.

Someone told me that JS is very aware of this. When we was flying high at the top of the league he told them that it was “all very positive, but let’s see what happens if it all turns to bat excrement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 314
HertsGTFC
December 6, 2021, 10:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Agree with this, I would be amazed if Hurst didn't know what was wrong and the fact that he's already eluded to departures and arrivals (inc 2 in over the last 2 weeks) in January would suggest he's got the view it's personnel related.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 314
denni266
December 6, 2021, 10:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from BeijingMariner

What has his size got to do with it?
No, seriously, what?
Maybe next time you could bring his sexuality into it?
Shoe size?
People who start with an insult based on immutable characteristics have some issues, for sure.

To be honest i wasnt relating anything to his size as in height or other .but if you read it that way thats up to you ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.