Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 288 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,389 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
December 5, 2021, 10:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Fair enough - I'm sure you've got the numbers worked out for the increased gate receipts too so I'll take you at your word.

The new income coming in from increased gates may well lead to a spending spree in January, wouldn't hold your breath though as that leach will want as much of that as he can his grubby hands on to get his money back ASAP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 314
Ipswin
December 5, 2021, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from chaos33

You wanted Jolley sacked too.

No, I didn't, I simply totally disagreed with his appointment and didn't want him in the first place. It was clearly a ridiculous decision clearly based on money (as was that when Holloway was given the job) and I said so at the time while many were making stupid claims for Jolley based on some ridiculous tactics video. (Similarly I was one of a very few who disagreed with the stupid outpourings of many which signalled Holloway's appointment )

That said whether I was for him or not Jolley with his total lack of managerial experience kept us up, Hurst didn't but he sure as intercourse is going to keep us down..

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 314
chaos33
December 5, 2021, 10:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Ipswin

No, I didn't, I simply totally disagreed with his appointment and didn't want him in the first place. It was clearly a ridiculous decision clearly based on money (as was that when Holloway was given the job) and I said so at the time while many were making stupid claims for Jolley based on some ridiculous tactics video. (Similarly I was one of a very few who disagreed with the stupid outpourings of many which signalled Holloway's appointment )

That said whether I was for him or not Jolley with his total lack of managerial experience kept us up, Hurst didn't but he sure as intercourse is going to keep us down..

Sure.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 314
Ipswin
December 5, 2021, 10:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

How many clubs became successful by not sorting the off field situation out first?...
Honestly, you do make me laugh sometimes, our club was in terminal decline, it's facilities falling apart with zero investment yet now we are having investment and a complete change of philosophy you still can't see that on field success will eventually follow.

Can you please be a little more specific on the time line element of when the fanzone and catering will get us back into the Football League? Just for the benefit of many on here who are like me old farts who find 'eventually' as possibly a bit too far ahead for us

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 314
dapperz fun pub
December 5, 2021, 10:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from HertsGTFC

JS said that there was money in the bank but that money sounded like it was working capitol rather than capex. The new owners may not have gone out and spunked £250K on a new player and committed to paying said player an unsustainable salary but they are responsible for some positive change in a club that has been held back by negativity for years. Money is available for a new striker that's been said by JS on many occasions it's just that we haven't been able to attract one.

Improved pitch, Cheapside upgraded, expanded back room staff new training ground project on the cards is all backing the manager. As far as BP is concerned you can't polish a turd but I do agree a lick of paints in the toilets and the tea bar in the lower actually being able to serve basic tea and coffee (they had no milk a couple of weeks ago) would make  a bit of a difference.    

So why am I talking about the owners on a thread about the manager? Simple, they stand for long term sustainable change which though unpopular with many posters on here is what the club needs rather than people coming in and throwing money at it and their values and strategy won't lead to any managerial change for a good while yet.

That said fail to get into the play offs and yes I think the question should be seriously considered, not because we're the mighty Grimsby Town but because as there is one automatic place then a play off spot is an attainable objective, the worry is that these are 9 clubs including us who are pushing for 7 places.          

Change and a different ethos is great and I’m all for it but football is a results business plain and simple and in this league we’re a giant or should be. Hurst had half a season to save us he failed miserably in the end. I remember a interview on humberside with peter Swann who mentioned hurst he said he promised this and that and delivered nothing .. I don’t know the who should replace him but what I do know is we will be in this league next year with him in charge imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 314
HerveJosse
December 5, 2021, 10:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from MarinerWY

Are you taking the urine? Genuinely, whatever happens on the pitch we are so much better off with Stockwood and Petit than Fenty.

You are being selective with your examples. I'd say 3 things which are huge examples of how much things have improved:

1. The communication with fans. Open, on various platforms (Humberside, DN35 podcast, at the games, OS)
2. The apprenticeship/training opportunity in data with a job guarantee for ppl from North East Lincs who complete it. Can anyone imagine Fenty doing that?!
3. The exagerrated 'pricey' (its not, its just better quality) food and drinks at games also come with the Family Fanzone, one of the most innovative and enjoyable additions to BP I can remember
4. We're applying to be a b-corp. Statement of intent to make the club more about community and social good.

Fair enough, get disgruntled with Hurst - I disagree but that's fine. But starting to turn on the new owners?! intercourse me, football fans beggar belief at times.

Whatever happens on the pitch we are so much better off!!!!
That says it all doesn’t it.
We are a football club what happens on the pitch is 90percent of what matters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 314
HerveJosse
December 5, 2021, 11:01am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How much? Have you been privy to the accounts for the year ending 31/5/21which haven’t been published yet?

£800k
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 314
HertsGTFC
December 5, 2021, 11:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Change and a different ethos is great and I’m all for it but football is a results business plain and simple and in this league we’re a giant or should be. Hurst had half a season to save us he failed miserably in the end. I remember a interview on humberside with peter Swann who mentioned hurst he said he promised this and that and delivered nothing .. I don’t know the who should replace him but what I do know is we will be in this league next year with him in charge imo

I'm not being a male private (unusually for me) when I ask this but what was your expectations this season?

I know it's the managers job to motivate the players but if I have my maths right a win yesterday and a win on Saturday would have seen us with a chance to go back to joint top of the league, if that doesn't motivate players than maybe they need to look at themsleves.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 314
realist
December 5, 2021, 11:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
I find it interesting that Hurst can get us relegated, and then turn an attacking hard working team into a bunch of losers.i find it even more interesting that the same people defend him. This is why we have a shite team in a shite league. Aim low, achieve low.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 314
Northbank Mariner
December 5, 2021, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ipswin

Can you please be a little more specific on the time line element of when the fanzone and catering will get us back into the Football League? Just for the benefit of many on here who are like me old farts who find 'eventually' as possibly a bit too far ahead for us

Unfortunately it ain't gonna be an overnight success, you know that and so do the majority of us.
Don't forget you're also in that luck bracket of seeing town being successful, how do you think some of the younger fans feel, all they've known is 20 years of excrement!..At least now there's a chance they'll see some success, that was never going to happen under the previous incumbents!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.