Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,380 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2021, 7:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01
To be fair, aside from town being shocking, away days are usually good fun still but yesterday reminded me of those games at Halifax or the year we went down…some of our fans were flipping embarrassing…

To be fair it was just the fat lad at the front and a couple of others.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 314
heppy88
December 5, 2021, 7:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Davec

The choice of alcohol yesterday was just Carling Beer and Carling Cider, and that's it I think, I had the Carling cider for the first time and I actually liked it. No way was I touching the Beer Carling offer!

Also Worthingtons which we had. Yes it’s not the locally produced docks beers costing a fiver a pint but at £1.50 a pint cheaper in the daggers ground you didn’t get the feeling we were being ripped off. I can’t complain at all about their facilities. Whenever I visit these grounds I’m reminded how far our club is slipping behind. It frustrates me when Stockwood bleats on about B Corp when we can’t even get the basics right ( such as a clean dry toilet fit for human beings). To be honest if we are the first football club to be awarded B Corp as things currently stand it will make a mockery of the whole scheme and devalue it for the companies that have worked hard to get it. Just get the basics right!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 314
Hagrid
December 5, 2021, 7:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from heppy88

Also Worthingtons which we had. Yes it’s not the locally produced docks beers costing a fiver a pint but at £1.50 a pint cheaper in the daggers ground you didn’t get the feeling we were being ripped off. I can’t complain at all about their facilities. Whenever I visit these grounds I’m reminded how far our club is slipping behind. It frustrates me when Stockwood bleats on about B Corp when we can’t even get the basics right ( such as a clean dry toilet fit for human beings). To be honest if we are the first football club to be awarded B Corp as things currently stand it will make a mockery of the whole scheme and devalue it for the companies that have worked hard to get it. Just get the basics right!

Well we’ve got an upper stand where if ever an emergency happened, the bloody lot of us would be copulated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 314
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2021, 7:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
You clearly haven’t understood what the B Corps initiative is about Heppy.

Anyway the bog I went to in the ground yesterday looked like it was laid down in the Stone Age. No complaints about the stand we were sat in. But you can’t blame 1878 for the state of the bogs at BP. They’ve been like that for yonks 1878 have only been in charge for months and it’s difficult to see what you can do within the constraints of the ground.

Worthingtons and Carling should be flipping cheaper. Like fizzy water only with a worse taste than fizzy water. Really that whole give them shite cheap products is very Fentyesque “never mind the quality feel the width”. It’d be good to be able to replicate the Wetherspoons model with a range of interesting, cheap beers but the economics of a football club just don’t allow that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 314
ginnywings
December 5, 2021, 7:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from heppy88

The new board inherited the ground and it's facilities. There are many more pressing concerns at the moment than the toilets. The ground is in a dangerous state in many areas and I think these will obviously take priority. They can't be expected to change everything at once, short of building a new ground, which isn't happening any time soon.

As for the price of the beer; I don't know what it costs around the rest of the ground, but the prices in the fanzone have nothing to do with the club, although I am in agreement that they are  on the high side in there. I personally don't think the Docks beers offerings are anything special.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 314
Chrisblor
December 5, 2021, 7:41pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from heppy88

Dagenham's away stand was built in 2009. The 'newest' stand at Blundell Park is 40 years old. It's very obviously harder and more time consuming to improve old facilities compared to building a stand with all the modern amenities fans expect these days from scratch. The new owners are clearly trying to improve the facilities around the club, but they're not starting from scratch, they're trying to overhaul a load of ancient facilities crammed into spaces which aren't big enough by modern day standards. You need to give them more than half a season before moaning about how far behind we apparently are (and we really aren't - Dagenham is a bog standard non-league away day in a dreary part of London with little going on, and their away bar was just a big cold characterless empty room selling watery pints of Carling. I'd take BP in its current state over that any day).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 314
heppy88
December 5, 2021, 7:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

The new board inherited the ground and it's facilities. There are many more pressing concerns at the moment than the toilets. The ground is in a dangerous state in many areas and I think these will obviously take priority. They can't be expected to change everything at once, short of building a new ground, which isn't happening any time soon.

As for the price of the beer; I don't know what it costs around the rest of the ground, but the prices in the fanzone have nothing to do with the club, although I am in agreement that they are  on the high side in there. I personally don't think the Docks beers offerings are anything special.

You and Kingston make fair comments.

I agree the Docks beer IMHO isn’t great and that’s what makes it all the gruelling that we’re paying central London prices for the privilege!
I’ve had a right good rant over the last 24 hours because: A) I’m sick of watching the team lose when only a few weeks ago we looked unbeatable.
B) I’m sick of people expecting Hurst to be a successful manager when in truth there is no evidence to suggest he has been or ever will be ( I will happily be proven wrong on this).
C) I’m sick of people being so defensive, defeatist and accepting of the dross we are served up week in, week out, month after month year after year. FFS young people have a right to be angry at a game when they spend there hard earned money following a team that has not given them any success in their lifetimes ( ps I’m in my fifties).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 314
aldi_01
December 5, 2021, 8:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Believe, the price of decent ale in the fanzone isn’t even close to being expensive. I’ve paid far more in Lincoln, Hull, Manchester, Birmingham to name a few places…and for all the people not happy, it’s full every game and taking cash.

The toilet I used was similar to those in the main stand, if we’re talking about the toilets in their new supporters club, which seems to be open at other times or certainly felt that way then you can only compare it to the toilets in mcmenemys, which are as good a quality as anything else in that sort or setting.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 314
heppy88
December 5, 2021, 8:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

Dagenham's away stand was built in 2009. The 'newest' stand at Blundell Park is 40 years old. It's very obviously harder and more time consuming to improve old facilities compared to building a stand with all the modern amenities fans expect these days from scratch. The new owners are clearly trying to improve the facilities around the club, but they're not starting from scratch, they're trying to overhaul a load of ancient facilities crammed into spaces which aren't big enough by modern day standards. You need to give them more than half a season before moaning about how far behind we apparently are (and we really aren't - Dagenham is a bog standard non-league away day in a dreary part of London with little going on, and their away bar was just a big cold characterless empty room selling watery pints of Carling. I'd take BP in its current state over that any day).

Fair enough Chris. Like I’ve said in a previous post the patience is wearing thin. For years we were told we would have a new stadium / facilities! Now in my fifties I have lost faith we will ever see a fit for purpose ground in my lifetime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 314
aldi_01
December 5, 2021, 8:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

To be fair it was just the fat lad at the front and a couple of others.

That sharp object is a boring girl private anyway…one of those that talks overly loud to make sure every girl private knows he’s there.

Tubbylardo couldn’t fail to get over the fence quick enough when we scored though…mammary. Was a great example to his lad, who got twatted for being a mouthy girl private, and then he got all mouthy and aggy…

Don’t have any issue with people not liking a manager etc but all the whiny arsed girl privates yesterday couldn’t provide a reasoned argument or alternative, in fact one mammary behind me spent 20 minutes of the first half trying to figure out who the players were…one was flipping waterfall…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.