32 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 8, 2021, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Do the club make money from the external catering vendors? (Genuine question)
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 314
Northbank Mariner
December 8, 2021, 8:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,528
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I would have thought they'd have to pay the club X amount to use the facilities, water, electricity and some sort of rent for the use of the catering vans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 314
DB
December 8, 2021, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You’re missing the point. Some people on this thread are moaning about performances, saying they’re not good enough and moaning about expensive beer and scotch eggs. Effectively they’re saying fancy scotch eggs don’t win you three points on a Saturday. But they can help! To make it absolutely clear, the point I made was that a busy catering facility (selling expensive stuff) is good for the club because ultimately it means more money to spend on better players (and facilities that help improve performance). Why would the club turn down such a bonanza?

I get it that it’s too expensive for some pockets. It wasn’t exactly cheap before, but it was utter garbage. I stopped getting food and drink in BP. But you don’t have to eat in the ground. No one does. You have a choice.

Flask, sarnies, and a mars bar in the good old, old days.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 314
Croxton
December 9, 2021, 9:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from DB

Flask, sarnies, and a mars bar in the good old, old days.

Old days? It's picnic central in the Upper! I will be joining the illegal party myself on Saturday.  Sarnies from Tesco pre match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 314
Madeleymariner
December 9, 2021, 9:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Being an exile its always haddock & chips before the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 314
DaleH
December 9, 2021, 3:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +815
Gold Stars: 168
I cannot believe the amount of discussion taking place regarding a flipping Scotch Egg  

Surely the Scotch Egg now merits a chat topic/ thread of its own  

I sense that the Scotch Egg subject is a Boris Johnson style diversionary tactic to avoid the topic of Paul Hurst. I bet any minute now, Hursty will be announcing his Plan B.

You've got to love this message board for its true sense of amusement. Oh I did miss it when I wasn't allowed to be on here up until recently.

Up the Mariners

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 314
December 9, 2021, 4:01pm
Guest User
What's wrong with an English egg.🤔
Reply: 306 - 314
promotion plaice
December 10, 2021, 10:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200

"Hurst out  yes out"

Be careful what you wish for.

We are 6th in the table and in a play-off place.

Southend are just out of the relegation places on goal difference and have just been placed under a transfer embargo.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 314
The Yard Dog
December 10, 2021, 11:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I when looked at the accounts a few ago, they paid the X amount per season, it was peanuts, but easy money ie club dont have to anything, in my opinion lazy.
Much better if the club took control of the catering, especially when we have bigger attendances, the club benefits, not the caterers.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 314
HertsGTFC
December 11, 2021, 8:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I when looked at the accounts a few ago, they paid the X amount per season, it was peanuts, but easy money ie club dont have to anything, in my opinion lazy.
Much better if the club took control of the catering, especially when we have bigger attendances, the club benefits, not the caterers.

The club runs one outlet in the ground and that’s the kiosk as you enter the Upper. Based up on that offer this season to date I’d suggest that they keep it outsourced.

A licence agreement and bringing in a 3rd party is absolutely the right way to provide catering and refreshments in an organisation like GTFC. I work in a world with a similar set up and if the fees the vendor pays to the host are set up in a correct and equitable manner then it’s the easiest money the club could make.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.