Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,393 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerWY
December 5, 2021, 12:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Ipswin

Winning matches is all that matters and is all that will keep folk going to Blundell Park. The fanzone, good PR, computerised tickets, nice scotch eggs, keeping the fans 'in the loop' et al won't do it.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive.
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 314
Zmariner
December 5, 2021, 12:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Poojah

I wouldn’t agree with sacking Hurst right now, but our next four games are against Chesterfield, Stockport, Boreham Wood and Halifax. We could conceivably lose all of them, which would leave us with a record of ten defeats in eleven games.

I’m not sure there are many managers anywhere in the world that could sustain that kind of run and retain their job. Even less so when your managing a club at a level well below its natural fighting weight.

It’s not time to panic yet, but it soon will be.

This is a about what I was going to post , if the next 4 are a disaster ( for me this is not one win) then added to the abysmal show last season it will be difficult to see how Hurst can stay.
We can say - good guy, professional, respected but his only real measure is results. He must keep the home form together to survive given we are gutless on the road. Very sorry for the hard core away support as well who have suffered this string of embarassing results.
Personally, I think he has it in him to sort this and I would love to see this but the current run does warrant scrutiny and it is fair to question his methods. Not a personal attack on Hurst from me I want him to succeed desparately but when you listen to games ( I go to very few away games) and expect to lose at this level something is very wrong in the camp.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 314
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2021, 4:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I think JS stated  on the radio Kingston that the previous board had managed the finances well, however I really don't think it a positive to have had largeish sums of money in the bank when we were getting flushed down the non league toilet last season.

He did, but no numbers were mentioned. And apart from the point you made, ‘cash in the bank’ on its own is also pretty meaningless if you owe all of that and more to creditors. We simply don’t know the facts and don’t have all the context for the sort of claim made.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 314
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2021, 4:13pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

£800k

What’s your source Herve?

Also while you’re at it, can you outline what our other current assets and liabilities were? You just do we can see the context of that healthy cash balance.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 314
Yoda
December 5, 2021, 4:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
I think PH has two games if he loses both he has to go or if we lose touch of the playoffs he has to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 314
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2021, 4:20pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from heppy88

No MarinerWY I’m not taking the urine.
I’m seeing a big disconnect between the aims of Stockwood and Petit and the reality on the ground. Yesterday I was able to take a leak in spacious, clean warm toilets. I couldn’t understand why a pint in a London football club is cheaper than a pint in one of the most deprived areas in the country. I didn’t need a second mortgage to buy a coffee and a pie and queued for less than 5 minutes.

I saw Stockwood and Debbie on a few occasions when we were winning games, but not over the last few weeks. Correct me if I’m wrong but the fanszone was already in the plans before the new owners arrived and was not funded by them. BCorp, how can a club that really has prehistoric facilities and overcharges in one of the most deprived wards in the country ever deserve to be given BCorp, unless the Chairman of said club is on the board of BCorp?

Maybe you didn’t have to queue long because relatively speaking there was hardly anybody there yesterday.

What beer were they serving at Dagenham? How does it compare as a product to that in the fanzine at BP? All a matter of opinion of course, but maybe the fact there are big queues for good and drink at BP says the customers are happy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 314
Davec
December 5, 2021, 5:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Maybe you didn’t have to queue long because relatively speaking there was hardly anybody there yesterday.

What beer were they serving at Dagenham? How does it compare as a product to that in the fanzine at BP? All a matter of opinion of course, but maybe the fact there are big queues for good and drink at BP says the customers are happy.

The choice of alcohol yesterday was just Carling Beer and Carling Cider, and that's it I think, I had the Carling cider for the first time and I actually liked it. No way was I touching the Beer Carling offer!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 314
devs
December 5, 2021, 5:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Hurst must be given January window
That means an upturn (if needed) by mid Feb
He inherited a shite squad -  could only do limited tinkering; got rid of dead wood
Several new additions in the summer - we got off to a flyer which in hindsight was a 'bounce' from feel good factor?
But still a big turnaround to bring some stability
He now needs this upcoming window and next couple of months to bring 3-4 new faces in ; better quality usually available in January (players at higher level will know they aren't going to feature for their club so one with best attitudes will want to come to GTFC)

If we are 9th/10th or mid-table by beginning March and perhaps 6-8pts off play offs then I couldn't complain if PH went
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 314
aldi_01
December 5, 2021, 5:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be fair, aside from town being shocking, away days are usually good fun still but yesterday reminded me of those games at Halifax or the year we went down…some of our fans were flipping embarrassing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 314
dapperz fun pub
December 5, 2021, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from aldi_01
To be fair, aside from town being shocking, away days are usually good fun still but yesterday reminded me of those games at Halifax or the year we went down…some of our fans were flipping embarrassing…

I’d agree we don’t need in fighting between each other but after twenty years of total excrement , some just can’t keep their emotions together.  Lincoln had fans scuffling with each other yesterday and they’ve just gone through the best period probably in their history. This club our club is desperate for success and I know we’re building for the future but Me like others are living in the now … I want a competitive team challenging these performances suggest we’re going one way and rapidly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.