Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 114 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,328 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
realist
December 6, 2021, 7:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Surely even you might have noticed the many complaints about the queues for the toilets?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 314
Fillipe Noche
December 6, 2021, 7:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Why are people now starting to question the new owners?

Surely not?

You cannot possibly be criticising JS & AP and their new CEO. They are delivering on absolutely everything that our dam base wanted, and they are unequivocally beyond reproach for their work at the club.

Please stop

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 314
denni266
December 6, 2021, 7:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +679
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Surely not?

You cannot possibly be criticising JS & AP and their new CEO. They are delivering on absolutely everything that our dam base wanted, and they are unequivocally beyond reproach for their work at the club.

Please stop

Its not what the new owners have done . its what not has been done  ie the most important thing to a football club   the freekin team/  and a useless manager ..  But in usuall Grimsby fashion  webuy cheap so buy twice  or third or fourth...alwase waiting for the next window to pick up a bargain
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 314
dapperz fun pub
December 6, 2021, 7:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,866
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Surely not?

Please stop

I reckon Debbie must have knocked you back at some point cos you pop at her every opportunity, I don’t blame the new owners for twenty years of poor infrastructure at the club but I will question them if this form continues and he doesn’t get the boot

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 314
Swansea_Mariner
December 6, 2021, 8:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from denni266

But in usuall Grimsby fashion  webuy cheap so buy twice  or third or fourth...alwase waiting for the next window to pick up a bargain

Real question Denni do you think we should be the highest spenders on playing budget this year in the national league?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 314
denni266
December 6, 2021, 8:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +679
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Real question Denni do you think we should be the highest spenders on playing budget this year in the national league?

No  i dont want us to waste money , but you have to spend and come out of poundland . Hurst just makes excuses all the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 314
aldi_01
December 6, 2021, 8:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Excuses? Erm…there haven’t been any, we made it quite clear that any income generated in the summer went in to the pockets of the cretin we got rid of, we weren’t prepared to risk the cash on Tashiminga which was completely understandable, other than that, not sure there’s been any…

We get it, you don’t like the only man that got us promoted in 30 other than Lord Buckley…

Watching town must be really hard for you…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 314
quebec38
December 6, 2021, 8:30am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Tbh I can’t remember Hurst making any excuses after Saturday. I think he appreciates he is under pressure and the results are on his shoulders.

It will be interesting to see how the new owners approach things. Some hardened, more experienced owners would maybe wade in now and sack the manager. These guys, approaching things as they do with such an emphasis on values and supporting their staff - they may leave it longer and look to support the manager and team in other ways to try and turn things back around. Or maybe they will prove they are just ordinary ruthless business people like all the rest and get rid on Saturday if things don’t go our way.
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 314
Davec
December 6, 2021, 8:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from quebec38
Tbh I can’t remember Hurst making any excuses after Saturday. I think he appreciates he is under pressure and the results are on his shoulders.

It will be interesting to see how the new owners approach things. Some hardened, more experienced owners would maybe wade in now and sack the manager. These guys, approaching things as they do with such an emphasis on values and supporting their staff - they may leave it longer and look to support the manager and team in other ways to try and turn things back around. Or maybe they will prove they are just ordinary ruthless business people like all the rest and get rid on Saturday if things don’t go our way.

My concern is that if it comes to a point where Hurst should be sacked (I don't think it is at that point yet) but if it comes to that point what's the chances of them sacking him? Stockwood has repeatedly said Paul is in charge of the football stuff and he's openly admitted to not being a "football man" so he could easily come out and say something like "we know results has been unacceptable but Paul is in charge of the football side of things so we'll leave that to him to sort out."

As I said I don't think we are at that point yet but if we ever did get to that point that would be my concern.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 314
quebec38
December 6, 2021, 8:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Yeah similar to what I was trying to say really. At the moment these guys are unknown so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Hopefully things click once again so we don’t have to find out.

Oh and to everyone moaning about beer prices and toilets. If you weren’t moaning about these things when we were winning, then maybe you should question whether they are worth whining about now.
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.