Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 143 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,410 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
December 6, 2021, 3:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from denni266

To be honest i wasnt relating anything to his size as in height or other .but if you read it that way thats up to you ..

Well how else can you interpret "little never was man"?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 6, 2021, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
I see that the GTFC Facebook pages are littered with the suggestion that McAtee was a passenger in Sears’ car on the night of the DD incident. There’s been suggestions of a drinking culture before. I know they’re young lads but surely this needs stamping out.
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 314
Hagrid
December 6, 2021, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I see that the GTFC Facebook pages are littered with the suggestion that McAtee was a passenger in Sears’ car on the night of the DD incident. There’s been suggestions of a drinking culture before. I know they’re young lads but surely this needs stamping out.

i can tell you categorically OC that they are out near enough every weekend in cleethorpes
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 314
Jarmo.Is.God
December 6, 2021, 3:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from arryarryarry

I haven't called for Hurst to be sacked this season (yet)

But you keep repeating this old daft point that many do, who knows if a new manager will improve us, it's a risk that every club makes and if they didn't they would keep their current manager for years but it doesn't work like that.

Should the new owners have done their very best to keep Holloway as you could have made that same point and to repeat what I have said many times, Paul Hurst didn't improve us last season, he had half a season to do that and ended up with a worst points per game total than that clown Holloway.

Of course its all a risk.

Man utd give Moyes very limited time,
They've been through 6 managers (including caretaker) in 7 years.
No further forward than when he left
He's now managing a 'smaller' club and they are doing better than Man Utd.

Sacking isn't always the best way forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 314
jamesgtfc
December 6, 2021, 4:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,982
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Hagrid

i can tell you categorically OC that they are out near enough every weekend in cleethorpes

Well my Mrs was stood talking to DLK in Cleethorpes at 1am after the Bromsgrove game, a week before Sears drove under the influence. Her mate was trying to take him back to hers.

He was saying that it's so boring around here and there's nothing to do compared to where he's from.

I think the JMD signing was confirmed by fans because he was with Max Wright and Ben Fox in Cleethorpes last Saturday night.

It's a funny one because when we are flying, everyone will say it's great for team spirit but after 6 losses in 7, the daggers come out.

I certainly think there has been a few harsh words said after the Sears incident. My theory is that Sears wasn't the only one in his car and Hurst has maybe had a go at the passengers for putting themselves in danger and not stopping their teammate doing such a stupid thing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 314
ska face
December 6, 2021, 4:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,664
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Well my Mrs was stood talking to DLK in Cleethorpes at 1am after the Bromsgrove game, a week before Sears drove under the influence. Her mate was trying to take him back to hers.

He was saying that it's so boring around here and there's nothing to do compared to where he's from.

Not wrong though is he? Even an hour away in Hull or Lincoln is a completely different prospect for a bloke in his 20s. Anytime someone brings that up on here you get reminded of the beach or cheap houses or leafier parts of town, but there’s almost nothing to do but go to the same small number of pubs & clubs.
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 314
Fillipe Noche
December 6, 2021, 4:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Hardly a cosmopolitan hotspot is it.
Not sure there’s much to attract young pro’s to want to live in Clee or GY

It’s understandable that pro’s at our level sacrifice an awful lot in coming to live in our area compared to more appealing locations. The price you pay I suppose for trying to make your way as a professional player

Sad to hear of the stupidity. I’d guess that any teammates in his car have got to take a long hard look at themselves too, for allowing a friend to get behind the wheel of a car. Unforgivable all round really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 314
Hagrid
December 6, 2021, 4:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
yeah Fox was with JMD Harry and Max in Counting house week ago, but Yeah the lads are always out, you'd think 6 losses in 7 they'd be in for Sunday Training.....

DLK's London born isnt he so not surprised he's bored here
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 314
gytone
December 6, 2021, 4:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
If players don't like it round here and think it's boring then they can intercourse off as far as I'm concerned, we  don't want or need them either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 314
Northbank Mariner
December 6, 2021, 4:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,491
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from gytone
If players don't like it round here and think it's boring then they can intercourse off as far as I'm concerned, we  don't want or need them either.

Don't quite agree with that tbh.
What I would say is this though, as professional footballers it doesn't matter where live to a certain degree, they have a 10 month working year, roughly speaking, and those 10 months should be dedicated to fitness and conditioning, so whether there's something or nothing to do shouldn't matter during the season.
The 2 nights they have off a week should not be a chance to get lashed, yes go out and de-stress but I'm not sure having a belly full of lager n kebabs sets the greatest examples.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.