Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 197 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,346 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
December 8, 2021, 4:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings

Lowering the prices wouldn't result in more sales. The queue for the bar is constant from the moment it opens until it shuts. Not so full after the game ends, but the bar is always busy.

I've not been in there much as a paying customer because it is usually one in one out by the time I get to the ground, but when I have been in, I have never seen the bar staff with no one to serve.

I made that point with a view that another fan zone could be positioned adjacent to the Pontoon Stand. Now that the concept of the Fan Zone has been used and it has proved so popular then another could be installed. Two zones might reduce the need for "one in, one out" and still be busy.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 314
aldi_01
December 8, 2021, 4:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from rancido

I made that point with a view that another fan zone could be positioned adjacent to the Pontoon Stand. Now that the concept of the Fan Zone has been used and it has proved so popular then another could be installed. Two zones might reduce the need for "one in, one out" and still be busy.

I wondered this, perhaps adding a second alleviates some pressure and potentially provides an opportunity for more to utilise it.

I couldn’t give a shite about price but I don’t go in Becauee I don’t have kids and it’s always ‘one in one out’ so just go to the Blundell. I’d much rather use the fanzone but choose not to at this stage…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 8, 2021, 5:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Scotch eggs (***) are becoming Grimsby’s version of straight bananas.

No wonder it’s so easy to indoctrinate the stupid when people become obsessed with one breadcrumb in a (round rolled) sausage fest.

There’s a f*ckin whole deli. Selling an artisan scotch egg doesn’t negatively impact the quality of the person on the counter.

*** see also, tinpot, snowflake, woke, bendy banana, Kingsley’s Black’s spunky backpack
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 314
rancido
December 8, 2021, 5:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I wondered this, perhaps adding a second alleviates some pressure and potentially provides an opportunity for more to utilise it.

I couldn’t give a shite about price but I don’t go in Becauee I don’t have kids and it’s always ‘one in one out’ so just go to the Blundell. I’d much rather use the fanzone but choose not to at this stage…

It must be nice to "not give a shite about the price". Different world to me.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 314
jamesgtfc
December 8, 2021, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

Taking on board the feedback from here, I hope a second fanzone would be stocked with Carling and cheap food.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 314
arryarryarry
December 8, 2021, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116

*** see also, tinpot, snowflake, woke, bendy banana, Kingsley’s Black’s spunky backpack

Funny you should say that, they are the words that spring to my mind when reading your ramblings.
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 314
rancido
December 8, 2021, 5:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Taking on board the feedback from here, I hope a second fanzone would be stocked with Carling and cheap food.

Obviously tongue in cheek. There are some good bitters out there and lagers. Not necessarily cheap food but maybe not as expensive. Like I mentioned in a previous post I think £4 for a Scotch egg is excessive even if the quality is better than your supermarket version.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 314
Abdul19
December 8, 2021, 5:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Scotch eggs (***) are becoming Grimsby’s version of straight bananas.

No wonder it’s so easy to indoctrinate the stupid when people become obsessed with one breadcrumb in a (round rolled) sausage fest.

There’s a f*ckin whole deli. Selling an artisan scotch egg doesn’t negatively impact the quality of the person on the counter.

And happy clappers, obvs.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 8, 2021, 5:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from Abdul19

And happy clappers, obvs.

Sorry. How can I forget us happy clappers  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 314
KingstonMariner
December 8, 2021, 7:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

First of all I don't think it is " shortsighted " to question the affordability of the catering at the club.While I do agree that the more money we take in catering then the the better it is for the club , there is another aspect to this. I have never visited the fan zone but I am led to believe that a pint of beer is £4 and a Scotch egg is also £4. Whilst I accept that  at pub prices £4 a pint is on the high side of local prices, I think £4 for a Scotch egg is very expensive. A total of £8 for a drink and a snack pre-game is beyond my budget and I suspect many others. Ok, so I am a pensioner on a fixed income but I suspect many minimum wage workers would also find it beyond their budget.

You’re missing the point. Some people on this thread are moaning about performances, saying they’re not good enough and moaning about expensive beer and scotch eggs. Effectively they’re saying fancy scotch eggs don’t win you three points on a Saturday. But they can help! To make it absolutely clear, the point I made was that a busy catering facility (selling expensive stuff) is good for the club because ultimately it means more money to spend on better players (and facilities that help improve performance). Why would the club turn down such a bonanza?

I get it that it’s too expensive for some pockets. It wasn’t exactly cheap before, but it was utter garbage. I stopped getting food and drink in BP. But you don’t have to eat in the ground. No one does. You have a choice.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.