Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 205 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,344 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2021, 10:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

True but look at what a cùnt he was

Was?
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 314
heppy88
December 4, 2021, 10:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from KingstonMariner

True but look at what a cùnt he was

True, but show me how we are now better off without him? Seriously show me the improvement? Is it the toilets in between the lower and findus that leak in the rain? Is it the pint that cots me £1 more than what I paid in Dagenham today? Is it the super deluxe hotdogs that cost nearly a tenner? Is it the 25 minute queue for a coffee at half time only to be told they had no coffee? Is it the shiny transparent barrier in the upper? Is it the six losses out of 7 games in the national league? Is it having a chairman whose main past time seems to be sharing his opinions in the Guardian?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2021, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from heppy88

True, but show me how we are now better off without him? Seriously show me the improvement? Is it the toilets in between the lower and findus that leak in the rain? Is it the pint that cots me £1 more than what I paid in Dagenham today? Is it the super deluxe hotdogs that cost nearly a tenner? Is it the 25 minute queue for a coffee at half time only to be told they had no coffee? Is it the shiny transparent barrier in the upper? Is it the six losses out of 7 games in the national league? Is it having a chairman whose main past time seems to be sharing his opinions in the Guardian?

I’m with you in several ways.

Not enthused by the “I’ll change football “ articles. I want him to concentrate on Grimsby Town first and foremost. Then he can change football, reverse Brexit, whatever.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 4, 2021, 11:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from heppy88

It’s not Championship Manager (or whatever it’s called now). You can’t just sign Tonton Zola Moukoko for £50.00 and run several teams simultaneously (unless you’re owned by Red Bull, City or Abramobitch) to win the Champions League in 5 years.

It will take a generation to judge the success or failure of Project StockPet. Just as it took a generation to finally agree that you know who was a cünt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 314
Maringer
December 4, 2021, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Lot's of excitable trolls around tonight, unsurprisingly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 314
davmariner
December 4, 2021, 11:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Some people don’t seem to get (despite all those years we spent down here) that there are some well established teams, big and small. It’s taken Chesterfield a few years to regroup/rebuild and the same for Notts County (amongst others).

I never ever felt that we would return at the first attempt and it was a big ask for Hurst to get everything right in the summer transfer period (rather than window as we obviously don’t have one).

Let’s keep calm and see where the season takes us. I fear a change of manager after an overhaul in the summer will simply lead to another one, and will set us back years in the quest to get out of this league.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 314
MarinerWY
December 4, 2021, 11:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,981
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from heppy88

Are you taking the urine? Genuinely, whatever happens on the pitch we are so much better off with Stockwood and Petit than Fenty.

You are being selective with your examples. I'd say 3 things which are huge examples of how much things have improved:

1. The communication with fans. Open, on various platforms (Humberside, DN35 podcast, at the games, OS)
2. The apprenticeship/training opportunity in data with a job guarantee for ppl from North East Lincs who complete it. Can anyone imagine Fenty doing that?!
3. The exagerrated 'pricey' (its not, its just better quality) food and drinks at games also come with the Family Fanzone, one of the most innovative and enjoyable additions to BP I can remember
4. We're applying to be a b-corp. Statement of intent to make the club more about community and social good.

Fair enough, get disgruntled with Hurst - I disagree but that's fine. But starting to turn on the new owners?! intercourse me, football fans beggar belief at times.

Private Message
Reply: 96 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2021, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

Are you taking the urine? Genuinely, whatever happens on the pitch we are so much better off with Stockwood and Petit than Fenty.

You are being selective with your examples. I'd say 3 things which are huge examples of how much things have improved:

1. The communication with fans. Open, on various platforms (Humberside, DN35 podcast, at the games, OS)
2. The apprenticeship/training opportunity in data with a job guarantee for ppl from North East Lincs who complete it. Can anyone imagine Fenty doing that?!
3. The exagerrated 'pricey' (its not, its just better quality) food and drinks at games also come with the Family Fanzone, one of the most innovative and enjoyable additions to BP I can remember
4. We're applying to be a b-corp. Statement of intent to make the club more about community and social good.

Fair enough, get disgruntled with Hurst - I disagree but that's fine. But starting to turn on the new owners?! intercourse me, football fans beggar belief at times.

Communication with the fans has reduced dramatically in the last few weeks.
The apprentice positions are laudable but not really relevant to football.

Got several vouchers to use in the Fanzone with our season tickets but has been full every time we tried to use them.

B Corp? What’s the point for a non league football club?
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 4, 2021, 11:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from MarinerWY

Many people on here say they are not football fans. They watch nothing but Town (or possibly England).

That’s fine. I have no problem with that.

Yet, it’s usually the same people who are obsessed with results and attendances. Surely, if your support of GTFC is driven by your love of Grimsby / Cleethorpes, you would back owners who supported regeneration, community spirit and improvements to the region.

Grimsby Town will never rise beyond the Championship (and even that level feels like passing a sapphire in a stool at the moment). It has to be about pride and identity. You have more chance of achieving it off-the-pitch than on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 314
petethemariner
December 5, 2021, 12:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I think the thing that worries most Town fans in the middle of this current slump is that PH seems to be reverting to type, gone are the relaxed, amiable, positive mindsets he seemed to possess in the early season to the slightly defensive,  neurotic,worry about the opposition,tinkering with team/tactics, we have witnessed before.
I am not saying he cannot turn things around, I hope he can and I think with JS and AP he might well be given more time than he  arguably deserves, but a turnaround needs to come and fast as there seems to be something wrong at the club atm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 314
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.