Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 195 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,010 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 4, 2021, 7:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You’re only six games away from the sack. Said someone. More than once.

We've lost 2 since our last win, so four more games to go.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 314
HertsGTFC
December 4, 2021, 7:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Ipswin

Lets be honest no fornicator who is a) any good and / or b) commands a salary above that of the mere pittance on offer at GTFC is going to come to Grimsby Town anyway (look at the previous two morons)

Every time I say that in my opinion the poisoned dwarf should never have been re-appointed some smart twit always comes up with 'who would you have then?' Well I'd have Warnock. He loves a challenge, and lets face it Grimsby Town is certainly that, and who knows who might be interested if the money is right. He'd be  damn sight more dynamic that Hurst that's for sure

And like both of the “previous morons” he knows nothing about the game at this level, 30 odd years ago maybe he was familiar with non league but not now.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 314
HertsGTFC
December 4, 2021, 7:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
Maybe just maybe the players need to take some blame & accountability for the current bad run?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 314
dapperz fun pub
December 4, 2021, 7:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Maybe just maybe the players need to take some blame & accountability for the current bad run?

Football doesn't work like that
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 4, 2021, 8:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't think the board would recognise a good manager if they met one and with Warnock it wouldn't be half as long a 'project' (don't you hate that stupid word!) He'd have us back up long before the poisoned dwarf got anywhere near it

1. Neil Warnock is 73
2. We couldn’t afford his basic salary
3. We certainly couldn’t afford his promotion bonus
4. If we could afford 3 and 4, we wouldn’t be able to afford to sign any players
5. Warnock is Redknapp-ian in carting the same players from club-to-club. We couldn’t afford any of his entourage. We certainly couldn’t afford the 20 strikers he likes on the books.
6. With only one automatic promotion place it would be a huge risk and pressure for a Championship / L1 manager to drop down to non-league football
7. Warnock is mates with Slade (could work both ways)
8. Warnock was in the frame for the Cardiff City & Sheff Utd jobs. Admittedly he wasn’t appointed but still…
9. See point 5, which I won’t expand on for legal reasons / risk of defamation
10. There will be other clubs in the division with bigger budgets than us. We were never favourites for promotion. I don’t even think Warnock would get us promoted and certainly not automatically.

Do you have any sensible and obtainable targets?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 314
fishcake63
December 4, 2021, 8:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
stop over reacting ok it's a shocking run away from home but at home been excellant , not sure how we stop this run but not keen on swapping managers this quickly it didn't work last year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2021, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from fishcake63
stop over reacting ok it's a shocking run away from home but at home been excellant , not sure how we stop this run but not keen on swapping managers this quickly it didn't work last year

Mmm, last manager walked out though.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 314
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 4, 2021, 9:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,514
Gold Stars: 64
I sense that Revans & Bapaga may well have their loans terminated come January and we will be looking for more experienced alternatives. We also desperately need to find another front player/striker as LJL is clearly not going to do what any team requires from their striker.

Defensively I am puzzled as to what has gone wrong as we looked to have eight decent defenders W it’s two reasonable and acceptable options for each position but away from home we just haven’t been able to cope and PH teams historically have been more efficient away from home grinding out hard earned victories and in his past period in charge I cannot remember when we lost so many away games on the bounce. Given these facts maybe we need to look deeper at the midfield and whether we need someone a bit more robust and physical to compliment the skills of Hunt & Fox. I keep banging the drum, and getting red crossed, for saying we need someone else on the left side of our midfield but the fact that there is apparently a continued problem down our left flank is in my opinion confirmation that this is required. Clifton played very well last year at left back and that might have been a better option today but hindsight always makes selection easier.

Importantly we need to win the home games versus Chesterfield and Borehamwood and get to January in a reasonable position and hopefully then make a couple of signings to get us back playing well and with confidence.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 314
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
December 4, 2021, 9:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 78
Can’t believe how many happy clappers are accepting this, Although nobody has a god given right to be promoted because of the size and history of the club we still deserve a lot better than this. I genuinely find this unacceptable, it’s time to put Town back where they belong and if Hurst isn’t the man let’s have him gone by Xmas

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 4, 2021, 9:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Can’t believe how many happy clappers are accepting this, Although nobody has a god given right to be promoted because of the size and history of the club we still deserve a lot better than this. I genuinely find this unacceptable, it’s time to put Town back where they belong and if Hurst isn’t the man let’s have him gone by Xmas

There aren’t any ‘happy clappers’.

Absolutely nobody on this forum is happy to have lost six out of the last seven matches. Not even professional optimist ‘DB’ will be upbeat about this run.

Find me an alternative manager available and obtainable.

You will struggle with this because you know very little about football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 314
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.