Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 224 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,394 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
December 5, 2021, 9:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Ipswin

At least Jolley kept us up Hurst didn't

And he beat chesterfield at home 😂
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 314
Ipswin
December 5, 2021, 9:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MarinerWY

Are you taking the urine? Genuinely, whatever happens on the pitch we are so much better off with Stockwood and Petit than Fenty.

You are being selective with your examples. I'd say 3 things which are huge examples of how much things have improved:

1. The communication with fans. Open, on various platforms (Humberside, DN35 podcast, at the games, OS)
2. The apprenticeship/training opportunity in data with a job guarantee for ppl from North East Lincs who complete it. Can anyone imagine Fenty doing that?!
3. The exagerrated 'pricey' (its not, its just better quality) food and drinks at games also come with the Family Fanzone, one of the most innovative and enjoyable additions to BP I can remember
4. We're applying to be a b-corp. Statement of intent to make the club more about community and social good.

Fair enough, get disgruntled with Hurst - I disagree but that's fine. But starting to turn on the new owners?! intercourse me, football fans beggar belief at times.

An impressive list of non on-field football successes. How many points are awarded for the 'achievements' you have listed and how many of them will be 'enjoyable' in January when we are mid table and its pissing down with rain?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 314
Northbank Mariner
December 5, 2021, 9:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ipswin

An impressive list of non on-field football successes. How many points are awarded for the 'achievements' you have listed and how many of them will be 'enjoyable' in January when we are mid table and its pissing down with rain?

How many clubs became successful by not sorting the off field situation out first?...
Honestly, you do make me laugh sometimes, our club was in terminal decline, it's facilities falling apart with zero investment yet now we are having investment and a complete change of philosophy you still can't see that on field success will eventually follow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 314
heppy88
December 5, 2021, 9:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

How many clubs became successful by not sorting the off field situation out first?...
Honestly, you do make me laugh sometimes, our club was in terminal decline, it's facilities falling apart with zero investment yet now we are having investment and a complete change of philosophy you still can't see that on field success will eventually follow.

Our club is STILL in terminal decline!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 314
chaos33
December 5, 2021, 9:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Ipswin

At least Jolley kept us up Hurst didn't

You wanted Jolley sacked too.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 314
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2021, 9:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from heppy88

Because it’s been fûcked over for years by Fenty and us still in debt to him. Look where those transfer fees went.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 314
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2021, 9:45am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from chaos33

You wanted Jolley sacked too.

He wants everyone sacked.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 314
Swansea_Mariner
December 5, 2021, 9:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from heppy88

Give over will you, I think some people on here have totally unrealistic expectations, the club was a basket case when they took it over, you can't just click your  fingers and sort that out in a few months.

If it was that easy there wouldn't be half a division full of established football  league clubs sat in the conference with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 314
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2021, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

What investment are we having by the way? There was a decent amount of money in the bank when 1878 took over and the gate receipts must be way over budget.
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 314
chaos33
December 5, 2021, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I’m starting to wonder if it’s even worth challenging some of these posts and posters. As long as I can remember there have been the same half dozen or so contributors who overreact, and spout the usual alarmist, entitled, miserable cobblers and seem most visible and only too keen to do so when things aren’t going well.  I reckon everyone is concerned, disappointed, angry even, and that’s as it should be isn’t it, but I think some sort of balanced, critical discourse is becoming hard to locate in many threads on here.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.