Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,525 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
BlackBoots
February 26, 2012, 3:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
I assume you have written to the Trust telling them not to send you any further information as you are now 'abstaining from all Trust issues'.

Shame you still seem hell bent on spouting your opinions on here though so which one is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 365
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 4:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from BlackBoots
I assume you have written to the Trust telling them not to send you any further information as you are now 'abstaining from all Trust issues'.

Glad you pointed this out so I can clarify.

When I said "I'm abstaining on all trust issues I believe may affect the wider interests of fans/the clubs future until it's membership is a lot more representative of the fanbase.", I meant for any issue like this one that is potentially huge.

Maybe I should have said:

"on all trust issues that are potentially crucial to the wider interests of fans/the clubs future until it's membership is a lot more representative of the fanbase."

As for what proposals the trust puts forward in the future, I'll have to consider them individually when the time comes.
Hopefully by then there will be a lot more fans on board.

Quoted from BlackBoots
Shame you still seem hell bent on spouting your opinions on here though so which one is it?

What I've already said ?

Sorry you don't like me having a honest opinion but I'm not going round in circles trying to justify it.

I've made my choice on this issue, now it's up to others to do the same.
Reply: 191 - 365
voice of reason
February 26, 2012, 8:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
For what it's worth I agree with 80's about this vote not being representative of the whole fan base just more the 300 who joined...

If the Trust really was acting in the best interests of all fans (which it states it is, or at least some of the board members do) then why wasn't this vote opened up to the whole fan base? Anyway just my view...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 365
Chris
February 26, 2012, 8:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from voice of reason
For what it's worth I agree with 80's about this vote not being representative of the whole fan base just more the 300 who joined...

If the Trust really was acting in the best interests of all fans (which it states it is, or at least some of the board members do) then why wasn't this vote opened up to the whole fan base? Anyway just my view...

Because the vote is asking what should happen to shares owned by the trust. Only members of the trust can decide this. I don't understand why YOU don't understand this? You've had plenty of chance to join, everyone knew the Trust had become major shareholders in the club, and we'd been pulicisisng that a big decision was to be made and to have a say you shpuld join us. If you chose not to then you dont have a complaint. End of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 365
BlackBoots
February 26, 2012, 8:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -5

Pass me a wall please!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 365
voice of reason
February 26, 2012, 8:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Chris

Because the vote is asking what should happen to shares owned by the trust. Only members of the trust can decide this. I don't understand why YOU don't understand this? You've had plenty of chance to join, everyone knew the Trust had become major shareholders in the club, and we'd been pulicisisng that a big decision was to be made and to have a say you shpuld join us. If you chose not to then you dont have a complaint. End of.

I didn't realise you would be meddling with the whole future of the club, thought your forte would be more about who was flipping the burgers on a match day... But I guess I was wrong and you felt the need to steam in two footed and make some sort of great statement, maybe try and take some glory by stating you are part of the reason why we still have Hearn?

I didn't join because I believe that you should prove yourselves capable as a Trust board...

Your last statement sums up things nicely though, I appreciate that...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 365
marinette
February 26, 2012, 8:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from BlackBoots

There you go.  Anything else I can get you, sir?  (or madam)

Private Message
Reply: 196 - 365
voice of reason
February 26, 2012, 9:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from BlackBoots

If I could, I would gladly get you one...

Sorry if my view are wrong, it's just how I see it... I apologise for being thick and I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive me for having my opinion?

Private Message
Reply: 197 - 365
barralad
February 26, 2012, 10:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

I didn't realise you would be meddling with the whole future of the club, thought your forte would be more about who was flipping the burgers on a match day... But I guess I was wrong and you felt the need to steam in two footed and make some sort of great statement, maybe try and take some glory by stating you are part of the reason why we still have Hearn?

I didn't join because I believe that you should prove yourselves capable as a Trust board...

Your last statement sums up things nicely though, I appreciate that...

Sorry but exactly what did you expect in all seriousness. Overnight the Trust become the third largest shareholder in GTFC. That sort of put us in the position of being involved. Do you think we'd be having any of these debates if Mike Parker had kept his shares? Given the aforementioned gentleman's decision not to be involved in anything to do with Grimsby Town in the future I'd say that created the need for the Mariners Trust to "meddle" as you so eloquently put it.
It's incredible really. Here we have someone accusing the Trust of steaming in two footed yet others believe we have kept things far too close to our chests. Damned if we do damned if we don't.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 365
barralad
February 26, 2012, 10:55pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 1600

Glad you pointed this out so I can clarify.

When I said "I'm abstaining on all trust issues I believe may affect the wider interests of fans/the clubs future until it's membership is a lot more representative of the fanbase.", I meant for any issue like this one that is potentially huge.

Maybe I should have said:

"on all trust issues that are potentially crucial to the wider interests of fans/the clubs future until it's membership is a lot more representative of the fanbase."

As for what proposals the trust puts forward in the future, I'll have to consider them individually when the time comes.
Hopefully by then there will be a lot more fans on board.

You could argue that given the Trust's position there will be a lot more decisions to be considered that could have a major effect on the fan base....what then? More abstaining??

Abstention is and always has been a dereliction of duty.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.