Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,630 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Squarkus
February 27, 2012, 5:34pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Chris
I think the shares have taken attention away from where it should have been directed.

GTFC should have looked to have worked with the trust regardless of its shareholding in my personal opinion.

In fact, the share issue (as mentioned by Gobby) has indeed polarised opinion on the Trust as JF effectively set (some) fans against the Trust from day 1 by implying we were a barrier for progression rather than the shares presenting an opportunity for the supporters to have a real input into the club. Even in his mre recent statements he still says the trusts shareholding would have been a barrier for people investing, which frankly I totally disagree with. The Trust has said from day 1 that it would look to sell shares if the right investor came along, obviously Mr Fenty took that to mean his good self.

Chriss your at it again,can you give any evidence that the trust/tarker old GTST and the new GTST was not supported in anyway possable by GTFC/FENTY and informed of upto date information, regardless of the share issues, its a no brainer GTFC need as much posative input and support as it can, the trust is a fantastic vehicle for the fans and the club to achieve additional income ie the buckley night and get together with players/directors have a drink or three and have informal chats ect, when the trust did not have the shares would the club say no, i dont think so do you, so for input Chris the facility has and always will be there, as for his mere statments the power outside the boardroom is a major problem, i would not invest a penny  nor would you, to be told three weeks later your services are no longer required, the only invester has come along and all you continue to do is put your negative slant on things, start acting like a board member for us fans, wake up and smell the coffee, we only have one way forward and that is fenty,the way you come over anyone would think there is a long line of people with wads of cash to throw into GTFC there isn,t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 365
forza ivano
February 27, 2012, 5:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,270
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Squarkus

Chriss your at it again,can you give any evidence that the trust/tarker old GTST and the new GTST was not supported in anyway possable by GTFC/FENTY and informed of upto date information, regardless of the share issues, its a no brainer GTFC need as much posative input and support as it can, the trust is a fantastic vehicle for the fans and the club to achieve additional income ie the buckley night and get together with players/directors have a drink or three and have informal chats ect, when the trust did not have the shares would the club say no, i dont think so do you, so for input Chris the facility has and always will be there, as for his mere statments the power outside the boardroom is a major problem, i would not invest a penny  nor would you, to be told three weeks later your services are no longer required, the only invester has come along and all you continue to do is put your negative slant on things, start acting like a board member for us fans, wake up and smell the coffee, we only have one way forward and that is fenty,the way you come over anyone would think there is a long line of people with wads of cash to throw into GTFC there isn,t.

and breathe ,john
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 365
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2012, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
To clarify, the club is not an investment opportunity whilst there are such loans outstanding and with BP in the state it is in. In addition, we seem to be lurching to a situation where the mere existence of the club relies on one man. I have no magic wand but is this really the way forward for GTFC?
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 365
Squarkus
February 27, 2012, 5:54pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

and breathe ,john

your very wide of the mark, but i do support fenty as he is the only one willing to put the doe in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 365
Squarkus
February 27, 2012, 6:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
To clarify, the club is not an investment opportunity whilst there are such loans outstanding and with BP in the state it is in. In addition, we seem to be lurching to a situation where the mere existence of the club relies on one man. I have no magic wand but is this really the way forward for GTFC?

is any club a investment, name me a club thats not in debt or doesn,t rely on some beifactor and you get a dividend from each year for your INVESTMENT, why do we give a sh t who ownes what how many shares people have, all we want is to see a succesful football team, if it floats fenty,s boat then let it as it,s the only way forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 365
Chris
February 27, 2012, 6:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Squarkus

This is my PERSONAL opinion .

When the shares were issued, Mr Fenty decided it had to be dealt with and dealt with promptly. I understood that. But he did so by contacting all sorts of media outlets and said that the Trust shareholding was a problem moving forward. He has recently said in his statement that the Trusts shareholding would be a barrier to other investment being made by others. This is not and never was likely to be anything but a hinderance to a group (the Trust) who's sole aim was NOT to oust John Fenty, but to support the Football club in any way it could. When we needed the support and backing of all concerned, we did not get it.

I am pleased that Mr Fenty has spoken to the Trust Chair and negotiated with him to arrive at a compromise solution that the Trust board felt able to put to its members. I am also pleased that Mr Fenty has been much more positive toward the trust recently because IN MY PERSONAL OPINION his media comments early doors were not helpful at all. Mr Fenty knows how I feel about this because I discussed it with him personally.

I don't have a "negative" slant at all. I have long been a supporter of John Fenty, admired his successes in business and held him in the highest regard. People on here who know me persoanlly would support this statement. I supported him when things went mammaries up with Mike Parker, and contacted him personally to offer my support, but this doesnt and will not stop me having an opinion on what is going on. For the record, you don't know how I voted regarding whether or not this should have been put to the Trust Members. I like to think I offer a balance, and encouragement to look at the facts. Not negative.

Finally, I did contact Mr Fenty to ask questions personally but regretfully he has (thus far) declined to retun my call.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 365
Squarkus
February 27, 2012, 6:29pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Chris

This is my PERSONAL opinion .

When the shares were issued, Mr Fenty decided it had to be dealt with and dealt with promptly. I understood that. But he did so by contacting all sorts of media outlets and said that the Trust shareholding was a problem moving forward. He has recently said in his statement that the Trusts shareholding would be a barrier to other investment being made by others. This is not and never was likely to be anything but a hinderance to a group (the Trust) who's sole aim was NOT to oust John Fenty, but to support the Football club in any way it could. When we needed the support and backing of all concerned, we did not get it.

I am pleased that Mr Fenty has spoken to the Trust Chair and negotiated with him to arrive at a compromise solution that the Trust board felt able to put to its members. I am also pleased that Mr Fenty has been much more positive toward the trust recently because IN MY PERSONAL OPINION his media comments early doors were not helpful at all. Mr Fenty knows how I feel about this because I discussed it with him personally.

I don't have a "negative" slant at all. I have long been a supporter of John Fenty, admired his successes in business and held him in the highest regard. People on here who know me persoanlly would support this statement. I supported him when things went mammaries up with Mike Parker, and contacted him personally to offer my support, but this doesnt and will not stop me having an opinion on what is going on. For the record, you don't know how I voted regarding whether or not this should have been put to the Trust Members. I like to think I offer a balance, and encouragement to look at the facts. Not negative.

Finally, I did contact Mr Fenty to ask questions personally but regretfully he has (thus far) declined to retun my call.

I personally could not give a ff for how you voted,no body has supported him with the parker situation,he is a lone ranger, otherwise we would have people quewing up to put money into the club, its future investment that is needed and he is the only one that is prepared to step upto the plate,so does your balance veiw and encouragement help this situation, i think not, if i was him i would be of like a shot, and guess what chris we wouldn,t have a club at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 365
MuddyWaters
February 27, 2012, 6:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Squarkus

I personally could not give a ff for how you voted,no body has supported him with the parker situation,he is a lone ranger, otherwise we would have people quewing up to put money into the club, its future investment that is needed and he is the only one that is prepared to step upto the plate,so does your balance veiw and encouragement help this situation, i think not, if i was him i would be of like a shot, and guess what chris we wouldn,t have a club at all.

And how do you think we have got into the position that we are now in? Whose investments/loans etc. have lead us to a position where no-one wants to throw money down a black hole? And even more importantly, do you really think this represents a long-term solution for the future of Grimsby Town FC?
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 365
Denby
February 27, 2012, 6:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
just a quick quote from an email from mr fenty previously posted on here

"To date there has been no serious interest other than an organisation which could not demonstrate proof of funds. I have said before on this issue, that I could never forgive myself nor would the fans, if I just bailed out to an organisation that promised all, without evidence of financial backing."

so there has been interest in taking over financial responsibility for the club but we only have mr fenty's word for it that they didn't have the cash to back up their plans.  i don't think i've read or heard this anywhere else
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 365
Marinerz93
February 27, 2012, 7:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Squarkus

Take the letters GTFC out of the equation and look at the whole standing shoulder to shoulder, share buying and share dumping issue impartially.  

There are several reasons which we can speculate over until the cows come home on potential investors but until that benign loan is paid off / converted to shares or wiped off we won't know for sure how long or short that queue is.  Would you buy a car only to find out that someone else owns the chassis, wheels and a multitude of fixture and fittings.

JF's legacy is that he saved us from going into admin but managed us to were we are now.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.