Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,595 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Biccys
February 28, 2012, 12:38pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Chris
Wrawbs, we are volunteers fella, we all have professional and private lives just like the rest of them on here, and we will make little errors in wording from time to time. If people want to critisise for it then let them. We'll just keep doing our best untill some of them get off their arses and helps make things better.

I have lots of things I could be doing on Thursday evening (my wife and young children rather enjoy seeing me from time to time) but instead, we'll be locked away in a room discussing how we can help make this football club better for everyone of its supporters, whether they are members or not. No we're not being forced to do it, and yes we're able to walk away anytime we like, but doing so wouldnt help anyone. So let them nit pick about wording and we'll concentrate on our aims for the future of our club instead of just moaning about it.

Whoah whoah whoah, that's hardly constructive. It's hardly nit picking, it's pretty fundamentally wrong. So perhaps instead of circling the wagons, maybe a consolidation and re-word would be in order?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 250 - 365
psgmariner
February 28, 2012, 12:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from BlackBoots

The cosy 'Guardian readers' view of a trust is club ownership. In practice it will not work imo, supporter representation, yes, ownership no.

I have beeen reading how FC United are in serious trouble as are Wimbledon because of the lack of money!

I am against fan ownership as well. I also detest FC United but think saying they have money problems is wide of the mark

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/ne.....united+share+scheme?

If you were to compare our accounts with those of AFCW and FCUM I am sure ours would look the worst!

Private Message
Reply: 251 - 365
Chris
February 28, 2012, 12:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Biccys

Whoah whoah whoah, that's hardly constructive. It's hardly nit picking, it's pretty fundamentally wrong. So perhaps instead of circling the wagons, maybe a consolidation and re-word would be in order?

It's nitpicking.

We have stated repeatedly, and It should be a given that we can only speak for our members. Our ideal however, is to improve things for the benefit of the entire fanbase of GTFC. We listen to constructive things that ANYONE has to say.

Not that difficult to understand but that depends on your viewpoint and your attitude towards the Trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 365
voice of reason
February 28, 2012, 12:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Chris
Wrawbs, we are volunteers fella, we all have professional and private lives just like the rest of them on here, and we will make little errors in wording from time to time. If people want to critisise for it then let them. We'll just keep doing our best untill some of them get off their arses and helps make things better.

I have lots of things I could be doing on Thursday evening (my wife and young children rather enjoy seeing me from time to time) but instead, we'll be locked away in a room discussing how we can help make this football club better for everyone of its supporters, whether they are members or not. No we're not being forced to do it, and yes we're able to walk away anytime we like, but doing so wouldnt help anyone. So let them nit pick about wording and we'll concentrate on our aims for the future of our club instead of just moaning about it.

FFS Chris what you saying now, we aren't allowed to make any criticsm or point out things that may have been wrong because we don't give up our time? I genuinely thought the Trusts aim was to represent ALL fans not just it's members, so it's not about nit picking wrongly worded statements, it's about the Trust giving the wrong impression because of these statements full stop...

Like you say, you are free to walk away any time and nobody forced you into the position you are in... If it is affecting your family life I would suggest they are slightly more important and you need to do what is right for them... If you can manage both then that's great but I won't thank you for doing things I don't agree with, but i'll appreciate that you're doing is what you think is right for the club...

Wrawby, I think the 'where' question has been answered hasn't it?

You say you have doubled the membership, is that all you wanted to do? are you happy with them numbers or did you expect to get more?

Biccys, I think a decision that affects the whole future of the club should be open to all supporters regardless of whether they are members of the trust or not... I'm sure MP wouldn't have wanted a decision this big to be influenced by such a small section of supporters would he? Personally this was a chance for the Trust to gain some favour by fans who aren't members and maybe sway them to join in future... I know the shares belong to the Trust but it's not like they've worked for them or purchased them, they was gifted to give all fans a voice, therefore to me, potentially giving away these shares should be decided by all fans...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 365
psgmariner
February 28, 2012, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

I think a decision that affects the whole future of the club should be open to all supporters regardless of whether they are members of the trust or not...

You need to change your user name!

See Meanwoodmariner's post above and engage your brain.

Private Message
Reply: 254 - 365
voice of reason
February 28, 2012, 12:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

You need to change your user name!

Why? because you don't agree... To me it's reasonable...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 365
psgmariner
February 28, 2012, 12:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

Why? because you don't agree... To me it's reasonable...

Which proves my point.

How the hell do you propose a system whereby EVERY fan has a vote?

Can I get my mum to vote the same way as me as she went to Wembley in 98?

Private Message
Reply: 256 - 365
voice of reason
February 28, 2012, 1:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

Which proves my point.

How the hell do you propose a system whereby EVERY fan has a vote?

Can I get my mum to vote the same way as me as she went to Wembley in 98?

Fair point, I accept logistically it is a challenge, not something I really thought of but i'm sure there could be a way of sorting this...

Why shouldn't your mum get a vote, if she is a supporter and has GTFC at heart then to me she has every right regardless of how many games she has been too or not...

Private Message
Reply: 257 - 365
arryarryarry
February 28, 2012, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Good idea. Now we probably need a way of identifying who is actually a supporter and some kind of administration system whereby an organised vote could be conducted. Perhaps a nominal joining fee could cover admin and deter voting irregularities. Some kind of supporters group or trust...

Are you pretending to be thick or are you actually thick?
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 365
roundballovalhole
February 28, 2012, 1:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

Are you pretending to be thick or are you actually thick?

I would guess that he is being sarcastic.  This clearly went way over your head though. . . . maybe because you are (or pretending to be) bloody thick as pig sh1t!!!!
Reply: 259 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.