Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,587 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 8:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It's not trying to select a representative cross-section of Town fans - how could it?

What I'm sayng is you can't draw any conclusion about the fan base as a whole from the vote.

To be clear, do you mean "how could the trust select a represenatative cross-section of Town fans" ?

Don't they wanted EVERYONE on board ?
You can't get more representative than that.

What are you actually suggesting as an alternative

Already made several suggestions previously in the thread and elsewhere.
In a nutshell, cancel the vote, let the people who created all this decide and go back to the drawing board and all work together to get more fans on board.

and how will your abstention make it any more representative?

Errr, will a yes or a no vote make it it more representative ?
Think you've missed the point !
Ever seen the film Brewsters Millions ?

Don't the Town fans who are long-winded statisticians with a love of their own voice deserve representation?

I'm doing exactly what I want to do for the reasons I've given.
If that's not representation then I don't know what is !
Reply: 290 - 365
marinette
February 28, 2012, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
"After continued discussions with the football club we feel we have made significant progress in respect of gaining a non executive seat on the board of GTFC. Once finalised, this will be a huge step forward, not only for the Trust but the supporter base in general. Never before have the fans had representation at boardroom level."

I don't see why this has caused so many arguments.  To my way of thinking, it's about choice and opportunity.  The choice is open to the whole of the supporter base.  They can choose whether they want to join the Trust or not.   It's open to anybody.  For those who choose to join, they have the opportunity to have some kind of representation on the board of GTFC.  That opportunity has always been denied them before.  Significant progress, as far as I can see.

Private Message
Reply: 291 - 365
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 8:38pm
Guest User
That sounds lovely marinette but apart from anything else there's no guarnatees in place that'll we'll be represented in the way we necessarily want to be if and when the trust board make their executive decisions and steam ahead finding solutions for JF without consulting it's membership first.

I understand everything won't be to everyone's liking and I'm only one member(let alone the thousands of fans possibly affected) but there's always another way forward IF YOU CARE.

Some detailed future plans might be a start !

Don't you or other current members want to know what might around the corner ?
Doesn't it bother you only 300 members have joined up ? Or do you want your voice to carry more weight ?

Tbh the impression I'm getting is no-one (especially the membership or trust board) really gives a flying toss !  
Don't people want this to get better or what?
Sometimes I wonder !  
Reply: 292 - 365
Chris
February 28, 2012, 8:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600
That sounds lovely marinette but apart from anything else there's no guarnatees in place that'll we'll be represented in the way we necessarily want to be if and when the trust board make their executive decisions and steam ahead finding solutions for JF without consulting it's membership first.

I understand everything won't be to everyone's liking and I'm only one member(let alone the thousands of fans possibly affected) but there's always another way forward IF YOU CARE.

Doesn't it bother you only 300 members have joined up ? Or do you want your voice to carry more weight ?

Tbh the impression I'm getting is no-one (especially the membership or trust board) really gives a flying toss !  
Sometimes I wonder !  

You're right 80's. No one cares but you. The Trust board care least of all.

80's Glory, the new Aaron Rattay (i.e. the new Barrymore such is his comedy genius).  Seriously, you're so wrong on so many levels that you really have made me laugh tonight. I dont laugh easily so you did well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 365
Rodley Mariner
February 28, 2012, 9:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,255
Gold Stars: 178
80's - your suggestion seems to be to suspend the vote until every Town fan going has joined the Trust? What should we say - 1,000 members? 2000? We took 28,000 to Wembley the first time so shall we go for that? Tell Fenty if he can just hang on til the bottom end of never and then we can have the vote.

I do agree the vote should be cancelled but only til the Board offer becomes something concrete and definite. Then proper, updated, fully informed ballot can occur. In the meantime, those with strong opinions either way have the chance to join the Trust, cast their vote and have a proper say in the future of both the trust and the football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 365
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 9:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
You're right 80's. No one cares but you. The Trust board care least of all.

80's Glory, the new Aaron Rattay (i.e. the new Barrymore such is his comedy genius).  Seriously, you're so wrong on so many levels that you really have made me laugh tonight. I dont laugh easily so you did well.

Well convince me and everyone else then.

Prove you care and deal with some of the issues raised - what about some "detailed future plans" then ?
So typical you won't answer the question though isn't it ?  
You won't even open a mature dialogue.

If you ask me you and the rest of the trust board's attitude to "customer service" is appaling.

I just hope you don't treat JF in the same way. (and I bet you don't !)
Reply: 295 - 365
Chris
February 28, 2012, 9:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600

Well convince me and everyone else then.

Prove you care and deal with some of the issues raised - what about some "detailed future plans" then ?
So typical you won't answer the question though isn't it ?  
You won't even open a mature dialogue.

If you ask me you and the rest of the trust board's attitude to "customer service" is appaling.

I just hope you don't treat JF in the same way. (and I bet you don't !)

Listen, read my words. Digest. Understand.

I'm not here as the trust.

You're not my "customer", and you don't pay me for my services.

My exchanges with Fenty are between me and him, but I am to the point with him and he to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 365
80sglory
February 28, 2012, 9:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
I'm not here as the trust.

Yeah well maybe you all should be and then you might get more people joining up.

You're happy enough to justify the things that suit you, you're not so keen to engage elsewhere.

Reply: 297 - 365
marinette
February 28, 2012, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 1600

Sometimes I wonder !  

If you think you can do a better job than the current board representatives, then why on earth didn't you put yourself forward in the first place?  You had every opportunity to do so.  I'm sure there will be more opportunities in the future.  I do hope you avail yourself of them.

You complain about the Trust steaming ahead without consulting the membership and then in the next breath you want them to wave a magic wand and come up with 'detailed future plans' at the drop of a hat?  How does that work exactly?

No, it doesn't really bother me that only 300 members have joined up.   And no, I don't really want to know what is around the corner.  Does that make me a bad person?  

You don't think other people care about GTFC... only you.  Fair enough.  May I suggest actions speak louder than words?

Private Message
Reply: 298 - 365
MeanwoodMariner
February 28, 2012, 9:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
80s, thanks for that long winded waffle. I was merely trying to encourage you to vote and point out that the quick and dirty calculations provided by that website suggest that  300 people is not nothing. I'll admit that there are some pretty broad assumptions in there but this is the real world and you have to work with what you've got, not theoretical ideals. I certainly have had to do that in the decade I have worked as an analyst and statistical modelling since I completed my masters degree in maths at Cambridge University. I'm sure you qualification is good too and serving you well.

If you still want to moan that the Trust don't represent the fans then so be it. It is not the point of their existence - the Trust represent the Trust and anyone can join. But I suspect that the Trust cover a broader spread of people than you give it credit for. I don't really get this fear that as soon as people join the Trust they no longer think like an "average" fan, whatever one of those is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.