Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,530 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Denby
February 24, 2012, 8:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from barralad

Crikey, where do I start with this...I know we've been over this before but the timing of the "coming to a head" of this situation was brought about because the next round of funding was needed to be sorted out.

but that's one of the many questions outstanding which we won't get an answer to, was this "next round of funding" already part of the funding promised a while back, or not?
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 365
Bullitt
February 24, 2012, 8:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Silly boy, are you actually old enough to vote?

In fact what is the voting situation of any U16s who are Trust members?

Im in my 20's so I think I can, best ask my mum first, maybe she will let me play out too if I'm lucky  

Judging by the way you post, you are a man in your 40's who's lonely and bitter, thus takes out his frustrations and negativity on a forum for the team he "supports", finding nothing but negatives in one of our best periods in years.
Reply: 141 - 365
Chris
February 24, 2012, 8:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 2075

Im in my 20's so I think I can, best ask my mum first, maybe she will let me play out too if I'm lucky  

Judging by the way you post, you are a man in your 40's who's lonely and bitter, thus takes out his frustrations and negativity on a forum for the team he "supports", finding nothing but negatives in one of our best periods in years.

Well the best 4 months anyway  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 365
pseudonym
February 24, 2012, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 2075

Ipswin gave up his Phyllosan many moons ago !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 365
Ipswin
February 24, 2012, 8:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from BlackBoots

I suggest that 99% of fans realise Hearn cannot be sold until the season is over. Hardly news Ipswin!

Lets just hope 51% of Trust members realise it as the threat that we would have to sell Hearn if he didn't put in any more cash appears to have been Fenty's main threat, sorry strongest argument, used to pursuade the Trust to gift him the shares

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 365
Bullitt
February 24, 2012, 8:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris

Well the best 4 months anyway  

Four months is better than nothing I suppose, whens the last time we had a half decent squad before this season.
Reply: 145 - 365
marinette
February 24, 2012, 9:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
The selling of Liam Hearn is not a factor in my decision - what did people used to say on here? 'No one person is bigger than the club?'  I'd like to think that we were more than a one-man team.  I'd like to think that if Hearn went, our managers would have the ability to search out someone else with the potential to bring us success.  And I'd like to think that our current (relative) success is based more on hard work, determination and team spirit rather than the prowess of one individual.    It's what Rob Scott keeps banging on about all the time anyway, so hopefully it's true.  Because Liam Hearn could be injured tomorrow and if we can't succeed without him, what then?

The bigger picture for me is whether or not the club will survive at all without any further input from John Fenty.  He is not guaranteeing any long term financial support.  Just short term.  The priority has to be a way of finding long term financial support for the club, and / or the club being able to live within its means without going under.  If I had to choose between success or survival, I would choose survival, but ideally I would like both.

Difficult decision on which way to vote.  It goes against the grain for me to vote yes, when I believe the club is being held to ransom.  Mr Fenty is offering the club a short term guarantee for finance and survival.  My instinct would be to offer him a short term deal in return - loan him our shares on the understanding that he will return them when his funding runs out.  Seems fair to me, but I don't know if it's practical or legal to do things that way - I don't know enough about business or finance.

Private Message
Reply: 146 - 365
Garth
February 24, 2012, 9:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Ipswin

Silly boy, are you actually old enough to vote?
In fact what is the voting situation of any U16s who are Trust members?

Insults prove nothing only the weakness of your point of view
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 24, 2012, 9:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from barralad

A response that says far more about you than it does me fella....

Quite, probably in the same way that your 7,500 plus posts indicates that you don't have much of a life beyond message boards.  

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 24, 2012, 9:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Oh look Barralad has to give me a negative vote because I'm not one of his little puppets.  What a sad sad man.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.