Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,527 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
February 24, 2012, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 1600
Personally I don't want JF to wrap anything up, I just wish his intentions were clearer depending on the outcome of the vote being no.

If that's not gonna happen then I'm playing it safe and sticking with a "yes" for the sake of the clubs future.

FFS hold your nerve and vote 'NO' - in fact to anyone who has still not voted I urge you to vote 'NO'

Fenty isn't going anywhere (unfortunately)The famous 'benign' loans will keep him at the club and ensure he keeps the club out of administration don't worry about that. Its just brinksmanship on Fenty's part, he just wants to leave a doubt in the mind of Trust members so they vote 'yes'

His threat (and yes whichever way you look at it it was a threat) to sell Hearn has now passed, the transfer window is closed until June so please don't be swayed by Fenty claiming he might have to sell Hearn to finance the club through the rest of the season - he can't even if he wanted to.

And of course he doesn't want to, just as he won't pull the plug on finance either. We are too close to a) the play-offs and possibly promotion and b) the Trophy final for him to bale out now. He will want the glory and bouquets and everyone saying how marvellous he is if we achieve either.

The whole thing on finance can be put on hold until the end of the season. Gates are up, Bennett's sell on money will start coming in this summer and our glorious benefactor will bankroll us until then at least whether he cons the Trust out of half of their share of the club or not

VOTE 'NO' NOW!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 365
Chris
February 24, 2012, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from BlackBoots

Haven't the questions been answered in the Trusts Q&A?

As best we could yes, but there are some that we can't answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 365
Bullitt
February 24, 2012, 8:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS hold your nerve and vote 'NO' - in fact to anyone who has still not voted I urge you to vote 'NO'

Fenty isn't going anywhere (unfortunately)The famous 'benign' loans will keep him at the club and ensure he keeps the club out of administration don't worry about that. Its just brinksmanship on Fenty's part, he just wants to leave a doubt in the mind of Trust members so they vote 'yes'

His threat (and yes whichever way you look at it it was a threat) to sell Hearn has now passed, the transfer window is closed until June so please don't be swayed by Fenty claiming he might have to sell Hearn to finance the club through the rest of the season - he can't even if he wanted to.

And of course he doesn't want to, just as he won't pull the plug on finance either. We are too close to a) the play-offs and possibly promotion and b) the Trophy final for him to bale out now. He will want the glory and bouquets and everyone saying how marvellous he is if we achieve either.

The whole thing on finance can be put on hold until the end of the season. Gates are up, Bennett's sell on money will start coming in this summer and our glorious benefactor will bankroll us until then at least whether he cons the Trust out of half of their share of the club or not

VOTE 'NO' NOW!

After reading that I've voted yes, cheers for pointing me in the right direction.
Reply: 132 - 365
barralad
February 24, 2012, 8:27pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 1600

What I find slightly confusing though is this...

If the trust are worried about the "blame game" then how come they're happy to allow a relatively small number of fans to vote on a situation (and possibly also take the blame) "If it is a no vote then Mr Fenty will be far less willing to make any further investment" ?

barralad, are you effectively asking fans to vote and potentially put the club's very existence in jeopardy ?

My apologies I forgot, we don't know JF's exact position do we ?
And presumably neither do you either ?

Where did I say anyone was worried about the blame game. I used an illustration to make the point that whichever way the decision had gone there would have been moaners. As for the point about a small number of fans making decisions-I really didn't think I'd have to explain the simple point that the shares "belong" to the Trust members so they have the only say in what happens to them. I just hope people realise the seriousness of the task in front of them.
That's the trouble when people like you dip in and out of debates-you tend to take points totally out of context. I posted on here my view about why I felt I had to recommend acceptance of the proposals. I believe that the deal is the best obtainable at the moment if we want to refocus attention on what is happening on the pitch. I am however aware that the Trust is a democracy and that it is possible that a majority of the Trust members may not agree with my view.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 365
BlackBoots
February 24, 2012, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from Ipswin

VOTE 'NO' NOW!

I suggest that 99% of fans realise Hearn cannot be sold until the season is over. Hardly news Ipswin!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 365
Ipswin
February 24, 2012, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 2075

After reading that I've voted yes, cheers for pointing me in the right direction.

Silly boy, are you actually old enough to vote?

In fact what is the voting situation of any U16s who are Trust members?

Private Message
Reply: 135 - 365
marinette
February 24, 2012, 8:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Chris

Quite correct Marinette and thanks.

For the record, my understanding is (and I dont know this for certain), but the trust board didn't HAVE to put this to the members at all. It could simply have been decided and actioned by the Trust board itself. However, we all recognised, that this was never anything we would even consider doing and the membership should be consulted and asked to decide. The Trust board are just representatives of its members.

I can't understand why someone would need that spelling out.  Oh well.

Private Message
Reply: 136 - 365
barralad
February 24, 2012, 8:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Of course, all of your posts are perfect and factual aren't they?  Have you ever been told that your head is so far up your own bottom that you can't see sense?  If not thanks for allowing me to be the first.

A response that says far more about you than it does me fella....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 365
pseudonym
February 24, 2012, 8:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from barralad

A response that says far more about you than it does me fella....
Head up your own bottom ? Thought you had a sun tan

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 365
Ipswin
February 24, 2012, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
I might feel better about the whole scenario:

a) if Fenty BOUGHT the £200,000 worth of the Trust's shares instead of having them as a gift

b) the Trust could then make the £200,000 into a 'benign loan' to the club

If this still leaves Fenty short of the number of shares he wants to 'return control to the boardroom' let him

c) buy another £200,000 worth or

d) get the Trust's remaining shareholding into the boardroom by giving the Trust a place on the board

Private Message
Reply: 139 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.