Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,017 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
March 3, 2012, 11:35am
Guest User
Quoted from shareholder
I would be interested to hear exactly what these dodgy decisions are.

Would agree agree with your sentiment on the budgeted losses, however you are just wrong, plain wrong.

The balance sheet was improved last year by approximately £68k. Yes that's the same year we lost £936k .

The balance sheet for 2010-2011 stands at  negative funds of £1,068,704 where as the year previous it stood at £1,126,727 this in part was achived by the introduction of new money when Mr Parker and Mr Fenty acquired new shares. Not to be mixed up with the £500k of shares Mr Parker subsequently purchased.

So it seems to me it was a planned loss and covered responsibly by two wealthy benefactors. Just think!!! if we had been promoted what would you be saying (it was a master stroke) hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it.

I tend to think as highlighted in an earlier post that the problems inherited, £700k Tax debt , the collapse of ITV Digital and NTL, with many players still having two remaining years on totally unaffordable wages, plus the aborted relocation costs are the reason for the club indebtedness to Mr Fenty.

I don't see how he could escape providing these funds without football fortune. Has he been unlucky in management appointments, or were they on the wall and bad decisions.  Correct me if i am wrong but didn't most people agree with each and every appointment in various polls at the time.

I would like to see some factually supported of bad management examples. Sorry that's the way i do business, even if it spoils a good story.

I will add to that by saying in football you have to take more risky, risks than in normal calculable business. Do i think we are saddled with insurmountable debt. Absolutely not!!!!!

We have assets you could throw into the pot. Hearn, Ryan Bennett projected receipts, and i am sure there is others.

good morning mr fenty
Reply: 360 - 365
Squarkus
March 3, 2012, 1:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from 1054

good morning mr fenty
I THOUGHT I WAS MR FENTY

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 361 - 365
roundballovalhole
March 3, 2012, 1:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from Squarkus
I THOUGHT I WAS MR FENTY

one of you is fenty, the other a sychophantic fentyist. . .

both traitors to the history of gtfc!
Reply: 362 - 365
Rodley Mariner
March 3, 2012, 2:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I don't think Mr Fenty has made a single bad decision in his entire time at the helm of the club. The fact we're losing £900k a year and playing non-league football is just bad luck.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 363 - 365
Harlem mariner
March 3, 2012, 2:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I don't think Mr Fenty has made a single bad decision in his entire time at the helm of the club. The fact we're losing £900k a year and playing non-league football is just bad luck.

Yeh but i look forward to fentys monday statements of where all in it together
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 365
Pass and Move
March 3, 2012, 11:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
So it's almost too late to get your vote in if you haven't already isn't it? Lets hope everyone has voted and lets hope they have voted NO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.