Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,522 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Bullitt
February 24, 2012, 9:25pm
Guest User
Doesn't bringing post counts into a discussion like this seem incredibly lame?
Reply: 150 - 365
Denby
February 24, 2012, 9:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from headingly_mariner
How many people with multiple logins are posting on this thread? There are some really similar styles of posting and they all seem to be arguing the same thing.

like those usernames who tended to appear when buckley mk3 was under pressure.  if you can't put forward an opinion under one name then it really is a poor show, isn't it tony_gtfc?
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 365
Biccys
February 24, 2012, 9:42pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Stick to the subject and stop throwing personal abuse about please. This thread is very important and playground squabbling isn't productive.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 152 - 365
80sglory
February 24, 2012, 10:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin
so please don't be swayed by Fenty claiming he might have to sell Hearn to finance the club through the rest of the season - he can't even if he wanted to.

Don't worry I wouldn't be - I think people are barking up the wrong tree and it's a big red herring.

Quoted from Ipswin
And of course he doesn't want to, just as he won't pull the plug on finance either. We are too close to a) the play-offs and possibly promotion and b) the Trophy final for him to bale out now.

Agreed but what might happen next season in e.g. the unlikely event we start poorly ?

I suppose May 2013 isn't too long but it might buy some valuable time in a worse case scenario ?

I can understand peoples feelings towards JF but don't understand why you want him gone and what you think the alternative is if he were to walk away ?

Maybe we're missing the issue though - if the vote passes I'd like to hear what his long term commitment to GTFC actually is.

Quoted from marinette
I'm not sure I've seen evidence of anyone on the board of the Trust being 'happy' with the very difficult position they've found themselves in over the last few weeks.

With regards the proposal, what very difficult position have they found themselves in ?

From the outside looking in (and that's all I can do), it looks like (rightly or wrongly) they've pro-actively set about finding a "solution" to a potential problem situation, and come up with a proposal the consequences of which (should the vote not carry to eliminate the "problem") still aren't clear !

It also begs the question, were they right to engage and find themselves in this "difficult position" in the first place or leave it to JF himself to make his own decisions ?

No idea - as fans or members we don't know all the intricate details, only what we're told.

Quoted from marinette
If the outcome  turns out to be a disaster for the club, then surely the board can not be blamed if it was a majority decision?

Not sure but would those voting no get the blame ?

I won't comment on the pros and cons of the proposal but had this proposal not been proposed (or in the way it has been) there wouldn't be any question of who was to blame at all.

Quoted from marinette
It's called democracy.

To me it just feels more like an executive power structure throwing down a confusing referendum.

They seem to do all the consultation, talks etc (presumably without consulting their members), miss out the crucial questions and answers and then throw the gaunlet down forcing me to make an uninformed decision right at the end...

Maybe it IS democracy !  
Reply: 153 - 365
Denby
February 24, 2012, 10:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
i just hope that the questions that have arisen on here (which don't appear on the current q&a) are questions that the trust board asked mr fenty and received satisfactory answers to

oh, and that we have a club to support far and beyond may 2013
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 24, 2012, 11:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600
Personally I don't want JF to wrap anything up, I just wish his intentions were clearer depending on the outcome of the vote being no.

If that's not gonna happen then I'm playing it safe and sticking with a "yes" for the sake of the clubs future.

80s, if you're erring on the side of caution is leading you to vote "yes" you're declaring you're letting go of the one lever you have.

Surely it'd be better to say, "I'll vote yes if I get all the information and assurances I need"?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 365
80sglory
February 24, 2012, 11:06pm
Guest User
You could well be right there...
I may well abstain.
At the end of the day I guess it won't make much difference anyway.
Reply: 156 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 24, 2012, 11:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from barralad

if push had come to shove and the Trust Board had sat on the sidelines and Liam Hearn had been sold I'm willing to bet that for the past couple of weeks we'd have been wading through threads blaming his departure on the Trust for their intransigence over the share issue.

There would probably have been numpties who would have had a go in those circustamces but they'd be wrong.* If Hearn had to be sold because we'd run out of money then that would have been the result of bad management over the past few years.  It'd be like blaming German tax payers for not wanting to bail out Greece.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 24, 2012, 11:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1600
You could well be right there...
I may well abstain.
At the end of the day I guess it won't make much difference anyway.

With only 300 members (and I'd guess a fair few of them juniors not eligible to vote) EVERY vote will make a difference.

With such small numbers able to vote* it reminds me of the old slogan: Support Feudalism. Your count votes.

* and that's not a dig at the rule which prevents non-members voting by the way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 24, 2012, 11:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 2075
Doesn't bringing post counts into a discussion like this seem incredibly lame?

I don't think his point was that posters with few posts should comment. Just the suspicion that they're all different people or that they're a "rentamob".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.