Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,524 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
sonik
February 24, 2012, 6:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from LeightonMariner
intercourse it, in for a penny in for a pound.  Time for this balderdash to stop, the club has been mis-managed for long enough.  It's high time it was run properly with a long term plan and not have to suffer a periodic 'will he won't he' worry.  Let's face it,if the club had been managed on sound assumptions and proper business plans then JF wouldn't have needed to keep pumping money in to pay for HIS mistakes.  So he loses a few quid, so flipping what, he's jeopardized the very existence of OUR football club.  A yes vote is a vote for a future  of uncertainty and further childish antics.  The club won't die if he picks his dummy up and walks away.  I've had enough, we should be celebrating success on the field, at least that's what real fans should be doing, not using threats to get something that isn't his for intercourse all.

I don't give two felicitations about the inevitable abuse, I care too much about the club!
Fenty out ASAP.

And I suppose John doesn't care!  With posts like this I wish he would wrap up and let someone else take the abuse. You also say you've had enough.  Words fail me.  No doubt I'll take some stick now for defending my brother.

So be it!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 365
BlackBoots
February 24, 2012, 6:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from Chris
What is clear from all the various polls on the various forums, and threads such as these, is that there are a lot of questions that people would like answered.

I suspect these questions are too late to help decide this vote either way, but in the interests of harmony moving forward, it would be good for Fenty to answer the questions currently being posed. Maybe he would do so via the Trust, Ill ask to see if the Trust board agree.

Haven't the questions been answered in the Trusts Q&A?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 365
80sglory
February 24, 2012, 7:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from BlackBoots

Haven't the questions been answered in the Trusts Q&A?

IMO the trust are causing more questions (and doubt) through some of their bizarre and seemingly contradictory answers !
Can I be bothered to mention them all ?
Not really - not having a dig but if the trust thought ahead, asked the right questions and filled in some of the holes themselves it would make things a lot easier than having to chase around in repeated circles for so many answers. (not the first time I've said that)

But back to your question, what say will happen if the vote is no ? Will Fenty walk ?

The question and answer is right there in the Q&A !
Can you read it and then tell me what's gonna happen cos not sure I understand it.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it !  

Quoted from barralad
I'm willing to bet that for the past couple of weeks we'd have been wading through threads blaming his departure on the Trust for their intransigence over the share issue.

What I find slightly confusing though is this...

If the trust are worried about the "blame game" then how come they're happy to allow a relatively small number of fans to vote on a situation (and possibly also take the blame) "If it is a no vote then Mr Fenty will be far less willing to make any further investment" ?

barralad, are you effectively asking fans to vote and potentially put the club's very existence in jeopardy ?

My apologies I forgot, we don't know JF's exact position do we ?
And presumably neither do you either ?
Reply: 122 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 24, 2012, 7:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from sonik

And I suppose John doesn't care!  With posts like this I wish he would wrap up and let someone else take the abuse. You also say you've had enough.  Words fail me.  No doubt I'll take some stick now for defending my brother.

So be it!

Oh believe me, I wish he would wrap up too so we agree on something.  Do we also agree that he is by far and away the worst 'custodian' the club has ever had?  Defend your brother as much as you like, his tenure has been an unmitigated disaster from the start to what I sincerely hope will soon be the end.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 24, 2012, 7:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from barralad

Crikey, where do I start with this...I know we've been over this before but the timing of the "coming to a head" of this situation was brought about because the next round of funding was needed to be sorted out. John Fenty had what he believed to be real concerns about the likelihood of being the man putting in the money but being in a position where he could be out-voted from outside of the boardroom.

There will be a variety of reasons for people voting "Yes". I'm not sure many of them will be for people being "scared". In your previous post you state that the club will not die if John Fenty throws in the towel. You are at liberty to say that because you only have responsibility to yourself. When the Trust Board were debating whether to recommend this "solution" the debate took place knowing that we were going to be asking people to follow our lead. If by "the Trust" you mean the Trust Board then I'd like to understand how you know so much about the members of that board's psychological make up. I certainly don't think I've had the pleasure of your acquaintance.
Not that it worries me unduly and certainly didn't have any bearing on my decision, but if push had come to shove and the Trust Board had sat on the sidelines and Liam Hearn had been sold I'm willing to bet that for the past couple of weeks we'd have been wading through threads blaming his departure on the Trust for their intransigence over the share issue. It is a credit to the vast majority of Town fans whichever side they fall on in this debate that by and large we've had excellent points from either side. Not that it will worry you I suppose but the quoted post falls well short of that standard....

Of course, all of your posts are perfect and factual aren't they?  Have you ever been told that your head is so far up your own bottom that you can't see sense?  If not thanks for allowing me to be the first.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 365
80sglory
February 24, 2012, 7:34pm
Guest User
Personally I don't want JF to wrap anything up, I just wish his intentions were clearer depending on the outcome of the vote being no.

If that's not gonna happen then I'm playing it safe and sticking with a "yes" for the sake of the clubs future.
Reply: 125 - 365
BlackBoots
February 24, 2012, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from 1600

IMO the trust are causing more questions (and doubt) through some of their bizarre and seemingly contradictory answers !
Can I be bothered to mention them all ?
Not really - not having a dig but if the trust thought ahead, asked the right questions and filled in some of the holes themselves it would make things a lot easier than having to chase around in repeated circles for so many answers. (not the first time I've said that)

But back to your question, what say will happen if the vote is no ? Will Fenty walk ?

The question and answer is right there in the Q&A !
Can you read it and then tell me what's gonna happen cos not sure I understand it.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it !  

What I find slightly confusing though is this...

If the trust are worried about the "blame game" then how come they're happy to allow a relatively small number of fans to vote on a situation (and possibly also take the blame) "If it is a no vote then Mr Fenty will be far less willing to make any further investment" ?

barralad, are you effectively asking fans to vote and potentially put the club's very existence in jeopardy ?

My apologies I forgot, we don't know JF's exact position do we ?
And presumably neither do you either ?

I thought the Trust asked for questions, received them and answered them? Seems fair enough to me!

I am not sure if the trust should be expected to answer the question of 'what happens if the vote is no' as it is a very ambiguous question! What happens to what? The Trust? I suspect it carries on with its aims, to JF? Ask him as surely only he can possibly know.

I am sorry but surely only the Trust members can vote so whether that is 30, 300 or 3000 is irrelevant
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 365
80sglory
February 24, 2012, 7:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from BlackBoots
to JF? Ask him as surely only he can possibly know.

Shouldn't the trust be asking him ?
That's my point.

On the one hand they say "Again that is one for Mr Fenty" yet they're happy enough to provide an answer of sorts to the "No" question.

Quoted from BlackBoots
I am sorry but surely only the Trust members can vote so whether that is 30, 300 or 3000 is irrelevant

Think you've missed my point.

Reply: 127 - 365
marinette
February 24, 2012, 8:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 1600

I'm not sure I've seen evidence of anyone on the board of the Trust being 'happy' with the very difficult position they've found themselves in over the last few weeks.  And of course they would prefer the trust membership to share the responsibility of deciding whether or not to give the shares in question to John Fenty.  For one thing, I'm assuming the board members are not power crazed dictators, and I also assume they are there to act on behalf of the membership (where practical and where time permits). It's called democracy.  If the outcome  turns out to be a disaster for the club, then surely the board can not be blamed if it was a majority decision?

Private Message
Reply: 128 - 365
Chris
February 24, 2012, 8:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from marinette

I'm not sure I've seen evidence of anyone on the board of the Trust being 'happy' with the very difficult position they've found themselves in over the last few weeks.  And of course they would prefer the trust membership to share the responsibility of deciding whether or not to give the shares in question to John Fenty.  For one thing, I'm assuming the board members are not power crazed dictators, and I also assume they are there to act on behalf of the membership (where practical and where time permits). It's called democracy.  If the outcome  turns out to be a disaster for the club, then surely the board can not be blamed if it was a majority decision?

Quite correct Marinette and thanks.

For the record, my understanding is (and I dont know this for certain), but the trust board didn't HAVE to put this to the members at all. It could simply have been decided and actioned by the Trust board itself. However, we all recognised, that this was never anything we would even consider doing and the membership should be consulted and asked to decide. The Trust board are just representatives of its members.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.