Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,502 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
January 28, 2024, 6:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Mikey_345
Just wanna put it out there that a lost dressing room and drunk off a few players that have underperformed and deserve a few home truths are slightly different things.

Not doubting what your saying guys, just important to think about imo as we do hear ’lost the players’ a lot in football

Yes that's a fair point, it's a massively over used term in football.

It's overwhelmingly performance based, if your winning it doesn't get called that, people refer to certain individuals being 'told in no uncertain terms' things or whatever. If your losing the same situation with an individual will be referred to as losing the dressing room
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 556
HerveJosse
January 28, 2024, 6:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
The dressing  room didn’t look lost in the Notts County game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 556
1mickylyons
January 28, 2024, 6:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from HerveJosse
The dressing  room didn’t look lost in the Notts County game

It's after that game .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 556
Mikey_345
January 28, 2024, 6:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,565
Gold Stars: 107
Re him apparently losing the dressing room at Crewe, think someone mentioned it earlier. The club spoke to lots and lots of passed players and club officials - that’s not a secret they made it clear.

Therefore I doubt it’s true, or not exactly as described, as that would have come up.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 556
jaf243
January 28, 2024, 6:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +73
Gold Stars: 3
I'm not entirely sure from watching recently that the squad are behind Artell.

I don't think he seems like the type of man to galvanise a team, or that players would relate to.

His interviews seem slightly clueless and arrogant - his answer to most criticism / doubt is "I've done it before". It is important to remember he 'did' it in the strange times of covid where the season ended up being decided by avg points per game in the end. Before then they had not been impressive at all. Manager's do sometimes have seasons where they perhaps ride momentum and luck but are unable to ever replicate that again - think Claudio Ranieri at leicester - has not been able to replicate anything even slightly similar since.

The other thing I really dont like is when he is asked about what went wrong today - he consistently seems unable to give a clear answer and often puts it on the players - acting like it is them who must come up with the answer. It is DA's job to teach the players how to play, and to tactically arrange them to negate risk and exploit loopholes/weaknesses.

At the moment DA says things like "The players couldn't work out how to play against xxx" or "They need to work out how to score and how to play" - its almost as if he wants them to work it all out through their own intuition - Managers exist for a reason because this is their job . Its like strategic warfare, you can have the best soldiers in the world, but you need a plan and leadership to deliver victory...

As other people have said, there must be a reason DA has been unsuccessful in so many other job interviews at bigger , more progressive clubs that are heading in better directions than us at present...

As people have suggested before, this is a relegation scrap - we need to focus on survival and doing the basics right - not over-ambitious, flamboyant football that teams in the top leagues with top players have the luxury of being able to try.

It worries me that Davies and Pearson who have little managerial experience seemed to understand this , and were more capable of delivering this / progressively improving the team than Artell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 556
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 7:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Show me a decent manager who’s not lost his job when the dressing room was behind him?

So here’s a scenario agent says to out of contract player “your deals up but Hartlepool, Halifax, York, Oldham, Rochdale, Gateshead or any other club close to your home (less commute) will offer you 2 years now, it’s a bit less money but there’s a bonus, you might be the captain and it’s less commute cost and a shorter working day, plus you can share a car with AN Other who tells me its brilliant there at the moment.

You’re going down a  league so should start,  Artell has told me he’ll only talk to me about you from February onwards and nothings guarantee.

So do you want to see whet Grimsby can offer or sign a pre contract agreement now to start on July 1st?”

Or alternatively, “Artell has told both of us you’re not in his plans & I’m not getting any interest as he’s not giving you enough/any game time to show what a good player you are”.

Would you be busting a gut or be Mr Happy around the training ground?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 556
Hagrid
January 28, 2024, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
If thats true, then the players go can go intercourse themselves. Ive not taken to a hell of a lot of them, and they downed tools under Hurst and cost a good man his job.

Who the intercourse do they think they are? They are average at best league 2 footballers, getting paid handsomely to be consistently shite. flipping grow some balls, show some pride and fight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 556
mariner91
January 28, 2024, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Hagrid
If thats true, then the players go can go intercourse themselves. Ive not taken to a hell of a lot of them, and they downed tools under Hurst and cost a good man his job.

Who the intercourse do they think they are? They are average at best league 2 footballers, getting paid handsomely to be consistently shite. flipping grow some balls, show some pride and fight.

If only that were true. How many times this season have we seen a severely limited opposition at least do the basics right and comfortably beat us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 556
Hagrid
January 28, 2024, 7:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from mariner91

If only that were true. How many times this season have we seen a severely limited opposition at least do the basics right and comfortably beat us?

Well yes good point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 556
Swansea_Mariner
January 28, 2024, 7:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Whoever it is send them down to the youth team to train, gotta crack down on this sort of nonsense straight away,  this has really drunk me off. Fuming
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.