Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,497 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
January 28, 2024, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I'm hearing mutterings he's lost the dressing room already hence players are going because they all take the urine out ofvhim behind his back.Just shows how sh1t modern football is the players have all the power and its always the fans that suffer

To be fair I would imagine players in certain positions bring told to play a way they can't and that invites pressure and mistakes are probably hating it and feeling drunk off.  I know I am cringing when for the umpteenth time we play a goal kick to the 2 CBs who pass amongst themselves then to mullarkey who is pressured by the oppo and plays it back to a CB and the boos begin. I doubt these are the players ideal way of playing and they probably feel they are being hung out to dry a bit in front of thousands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 556
1mickylyons
January 28, 2024, 6:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from toontown

To be fair I would imagine players in certain positions bring told to play a way they can't and that invites pressure and mistakes are probably hating it and feeling drunk off.  I know I am cringing when for the umpteenth time we play a goal kick to the 2 CBs who pass amongst themselves then to mullarkey who is pressured by the oppo and plays it back to a CB and the boos begin. I doubt these are the players ideal way of playing and they probably feel they are being hung out to dry a bit in front of thousands.

I agree with what you say. The CBs get the grief but many including myself have pointed out with the exception of Rose nobody wanted the ball yesterday.I  don't know the answer but id drop Eisa or play him as a 10 behind/off Rose.Amos and Glennon on the left Efete and Vernam on the right Gav Clifton in the middle .Maher picks himself probablyThame alongside and Cartwright in goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 556
arryarryarry
January 28, 2024, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Alan Buckley
Also been told he’s lost the dressing room. Another reason why Conteh asked to leave asap. That was a couple of days before the match yesterday and they certainly played true to that yesterday.

I think I remember reading on the Crewe forum he lost their dressing room as well before he left.
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 556
Running like emson
January 28, 2024, 6:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
I was surprised to see 4 town players not in the matchday squad drive off together about 20 mins before KO against County. Waterfall and Hunt, I forget who else. Probably totally normal and explainable but something I’ve not seen before
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 556
toontown
January 28, 2024, 6:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I agree with what you say. The CBs get the grief but many including myself have pointed out with the exception of Rose nobody wanted the ball yesterday.I  don't know the answer but id drop Eisa or play him as a 10 behind/off Rose.Amos and Glennon on the left Efete and Vernam on the right Gav Clifton in the middle .Maher picks himself probablyThame alongside and Cartwright in goal.

I would be happy to see that tried but no way that side can play the Artell way, so we would have to change from playing out from the back and passing through midfield. Efete can't do it and a Clifton and holohan midfield battles and provides energy and drive but doesn't retain the ball well. Would Artell be willing to swallow his pride and do that?

Not that the 100 percent Artell way is working either at the moment usually, if teams counter it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 556
Mappers
January 28, 2024, 6:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,448
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think I remember reading on the Crewe forum he lost their dressing room as well before he left.

It went pear rapidly and they didn't win in 16 games.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 556
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 6:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You seem generally well informed did you hear the same story that it was a spat with senior players and the way one in particular was singled out because he disagreed with DA about set pieces?

Other than Gav & Rose have we actually got any proper  “senior” players? We’ve got a few with games under their belt but we lack “senior pros” at the minute, sounds like just a different term but behaviour wise it’s massive

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 556
Mikey_345
January 28, 2024, 6:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 107
Just wanna put it out there that a lost dressing room and drunk off a few players that have underperformed and deserve a few home truths are slightly different things.

Not doubting what your saying guys, just important to think about imo as we do hear ’lost the players’ a lot in football

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 556
jamesgtfc
January 28, 2024, 6:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You seem generally well informed did you hear the same story that it was a spat with senior players and the way one in particular was singled out because he disagreed with DA about set pieces?

Has said senior player left the club (Waterfall) or never getting started (Holohan)?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 556
TownSNAFU5
January 28, 2024, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Losing the dressing room is unproven.  However, if there is ANY substance to these statements then it is very bad because a) we are in a relegation fight and b) it is so early in his time as our manager.

Then you get into the area of the Club taking a long time to appoint the right manager.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.