Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,954 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
January 29, 2024, 3:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,530
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from diehardmariner
Fair bit of talk around that Hunt was told he's free to go.  Absolutely no idea if there's any truth in that at all.

But it would definitely raise some eyebrows if that was the case.  Impressed in Artell's first few games, to the point he was described as 'pivotal' going forward.  Wasn't alone in not doing anything against Harrogate, got injured as a sub in Mansfield defeat and then came on against Walsall when the game was already lost.

No issue with Artell, or any manager for that matter, making opinions on players and acting on poor performances.  But if Hunt's disappointing performance against Harrogate is the barometer for who is in his plans or not, then that's not a standard many are meeting at the minute.

Really hope it is that Hunt is just out with injury because that midfield made me feel ill on Saturday.  Comfortable with his tendency to give it away, because at least he can do something at the other end of the pitch.  Which is far better than giving it away regardless and offering nothing at the other end.

Have you ever thought that theres more to it.... I have said previously on this forum that Hunt has shown nothing to create the hoo hah some of you seem to have about him.

He went to Oldham, Did nothing, We signed him here, the man who signed him, barely played him, Artell came in, he was brought on in the first game, didnt start ( and did well) but has again vanished. Maybe just Maybe, he isnt that good!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 556
fishcake63
January 29, 2024, 3:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Hagrid

Have you ever thought that theres more to it.... I have said previously on this forum that Hunt has shown nothing to create the hoo hah some of you seem to have about him.

He went to Oldham, Did nothing, We signed him here, the man who signed him, barely played him, Artell came in, he was brought on in the first game, didnt start ( and did well) but has again vanished. Maybe just Maybe, he isnt that good!Here we go the hunt haters back

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 556
Northbank Mariner
January 29, 2024, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,566
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from fishcake63

Its not about haring Hunt is it?..there's a common denominator in this discussion, and its not the 5 managers he's played under.
Hunt was dubbed "The Sheffield Pirlo" by the SW fans before he came on loan, yet here we are , and he's dropped again!..
The kids got ability, but I'm suspecting he's got a chip on his shoulders, and once dropped sees his bottom too easy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 556
MuddyWaters
January 29, 2024, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from diehardmariner
Fair bit of talk around that Hunt was told he's free to go.  Absolutely no idea if there's any truth in that at all.

But it would definitely raise some eyebrows if that was the case.  Impressed in Artell's first few games, to the point he was described as 'pivotal' going forward.  Wasn't alone in not doing anything against Harrogate, got injured as a sub in Mansfield defeat and then came on against Walsall when the game was already lost.

No issue with Artell, or any manager for that matter, making opinions on players and acting on poor performances.  But if Hunt's disappointing performance against Harrogate is the barometer for who is in his plans or not, then that's not a standard many are meeting at the minute.

Really hope it is that Hunt is just out with injury because that midfield made me feel ill on Saturday.  Comfortable with his tendency to give it away, because at least he can do something at the other end of the pitch.  Which is far better than giving it away regardless and offering nothing at the other end.

Sums it up for me. If Saturday's midfield was picked on merit, I'm starting to mistrust my eyesight because, to a man, they were woeful.
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 556
Hagrid
January 29, 2024, 4:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,530
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from fishcake63

How old are you. I dont hate Hunt. Jesus christ
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 556
arryarryarry
January 29, 2024, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sums it up for me. If Saturday's midfield was picked on merit, I'm starting to mistrust my eyesight because, to a man, they were woeful.

If I hadn't seen a team sheet, watching that first half I would have said that Eisa and Clifton weren't on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 556
January 29, 2024, 4:55pm
Guest User

Yes but give them all the same data and every one of them will come to a different conclusion.

Lots of clubs even in our league will be throwing more resources at it than we can, but still clubs change managers more regularly than socks, still sign players that don't fit, still struggle and despite having sometimes multiple data analysts some will be relegated.

Sorry, but your response just does not stand up.

Reply: 276 - 556
January 29, 2024, 4:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hurst stopped picking him, and now DA is not picking him, has to be a reason for that.

Reply: 277 - 556
AncientExiledMariner
January 29, 2024, 5:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't know. Are you out every day at cheapside watching training?

Do you think professional footballers only work 1 day a week during the season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 556
Jarmo.Is.God
January 29, 2024, 5:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
One thing I will say for a fact is, The changing room hasn't been lost, they are just as frustrated as us....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.