Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,460 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
January 28, 2024, 12:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 358
Glennon & Mullarkey were left completely exposed when we were attempting to play out from the back. Nobody offering themselves to either. None of the midfield 5 were giving either any options.

I know I’m like a stuck record but central midfield is our main issue. It was when we had Conteh and even more so without him. He didn’t offer much going forward but he was always willing to offer himself and try to link the play.

Wood & Andrews both look decent but they need experience along side them. It was boys against men yesterday.

Re: Artell

I didn’t understand the hype. I don’t see that he did anything remarkable at Crewe to deserve the sort of response his appointment was met with.

I’m gonna make a prediction. He won’t last a year as Head Coach. He might not even make 6 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 130 - 556
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 1:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from HerveJosse
Sack Artell  and that’s the Conteh money gone. Not going to happen however bad it gets.

Maybe that’s why Conteh was sold, insurance money just in case.

I’m being massively sarcastic Artell won’t be sacked, I believe he’ll get it right and we won’t get relegated but tte next 4 months are going to be painful I suspect

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 556
GibMariner
January 28, 2024, 1:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Glennon & Mullarkey were left completely exposed when we were attempting to play out from the back. Nobody offering themselves to either. None of the midfield 5 were giving either any options.

I know I’m like a stuck record but central midfield is our main issue. It was when we had Conteh and even more so without him. He didn’t offer much going forward but he was always willing to offer himself and try to link the play.

Wood & Andrews both look decent but they need experience along side them. It was boys against men yesterday.

I didn’t understand the hype. I don’t see that he did anything remarkable at Crewe to deserve the sort of response his appointment was met with.

I’m gonna make a prediction. He won’t last a year as Head Coach. He might not even make 6 months.

Very feasible, 19 months out of work having applied for any job going.

Always prepared to accept it could work as with any appointment, but most don’t at all levels. Pesky stats tell all and if it goes wrong a flack jacket needed, cheep option and all that will ring loudly.
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 556
DB
January 28, 2024, 2:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,052
Gold Stars: 390
DA had 2 weeks to sort out the defence since the Notts Cty game having let 5 in that day and 6 the week before. I saw nothing to show an improved defence, nor attack.

I just wonder what he has been doing down at Cheapside during this time. It's alright DA saying it'll take time to play his way, but we are now a club languishing at the lower end of the table, not mid-table. Time is a luxury we don't have and need improvement now.

I'm still 100% behind Artell but in need of some improvement in the way the team play.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 556
LocalLadGTFC
January 28, 2024, 2:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,319
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He took a team in a similar position to ours, with a worse budget than ours and kept them up. He then built on that season by season and then took them up... To say he didn't do anything remarkable is quite ignorant.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 134 - 556
Mappers
January 28, 2024, 2:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,433
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from sam gy
Well, we’ve literally played 3 games within the last month and one of those was Notts County - a game I personally bloody loved!

Yeah notts was good tbf I enjoyed that 1

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 556
LocalLadGTFC
January 28, 2024, 2:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,319
Gold Stars: 137
I think there's been some really pleasing things whilst he's been here, there's also been some majorly dissapointing things. The problem is that's the story of the season and has been since the very start. We drew 1-1 with Bradford in a game we largely dominated and should of taken 3 points from and then went to Wrexham and got battered. We then follow that up by throwing away a 2 goal lead at home to Crawley. I think there's quite a short term thinking in saying Artell is the problem, this team is the problem. All well and good saying he should sacrifice his principles to gain points, was it something like throwing 17 points away from winning positions at the start of the season? This team has no heart or any fight. Artell said we were meh when he arrived, I think he underestimated just how shite we were. You can look at a team from the outside and see them as ' meh ' but you really won't know about them until you get in that changing room and the going gets tough and I personally wouldn't want any of these in the trenches with me.. barring Danny Rose. Nobody shows any charachter in a game barring that man, it's not even about just a bit of quality. Nobody flying into a challenge to get the crowd going, nobody getting us off our seats. As Roy Keane once said ' smash into somebody, make yourself feel a bit better ' all it takes is one moment to change a game and we have 0 game changes in any aspect of the word.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 136 - 556
Roast Em Bobby
January 28, 2024, 2:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
I'm not convinced that yesterday was anything to do with Artell's style of play because the players didn't even to attemp to play in that style. I'm more inclined to to wonder just how many he's told are not in his plans for next season and that this has affected morale.

I just can't fathom how we managed to play MK Dons off the park with tiki-taka style football (within days of him taking over) and then play like late era Slade yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 556
TownSNAFU5
January 28, 2024, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
There was a comment on the Just Back thread that they thought the effort was there yesterday.  

We could be generous here.  But Tranmere were always busting a gut to get into good forward positions.  Helping each other out.  Even when the game was well within their control. Good team spirit from an average team,  still better than us,

Yet another game though where we did not get a key tackle in when it was needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 556
GollyGTFC
January 28, 2024, 3:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

He took a team in a similar position to ours, with a worse budget than ours and kept them up. He then built on that season by season and then took them up... To say he didn't do anything remarkable is quite ignorant.

He got promoted on PPG having played just 37 matches but having played all of the bottom 8 twice and only 2 of other 9 teams in the top 10 twice. i.e. they were facing a b*stard of a run in and based on their results against the top teams they would likely have dropped down the table.

But we’ll never know.

But what I will say is, a promotion based on PPG after the season stopped suddenly and without warning is a much less significant achievement than a promotion over a full 46 matches having played everyone home and away.

The fact that nobody poached him from Crewe after the promotion or when they finished 12th in L1 in the empty stadium season probably tells us something though.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 139 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.