Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,464 views. Print
56 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2024, 9:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,284
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Pedantic, still too short a time for this thread.

I agree. It's the manager who's saying 'it's only 6 weeks' - it isn't and certainly wouldn't matter if things were getting better. But for the emotionally charged Notts County game, since Harrogate we've been woeful at home.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 556
denni266
January 28, 2024, 9:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Are people still calling him the special one ,,, How childish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 556
pen penfras
January 28, 2024, 9:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -133
Gold Stars: 71
Whilst we are totally shite and Artell is the manager, how much is he to blame?

The squad is crap, only 2 signings were an improvement and one of those has gone. Hurst signed those players, but I'm not sure it's all his fault. He never signed shite like this before we had a head of recruitment and board pushing for us to play the 'Grimsby way'.

How many teams can you name that look in danger of relegation, struggle at the back but not particularly struggling to score go on to hire a manager with the intent of playing more expansive football? I can't think of a single instance where this has worked, it's always bring in a Spam Allardyce or Sean Dyche type to save you.

Artell's interviews worried me since day 1. I think he's incoherent, but these statements of how he'll improve the players etc worry me more. I think it's arrogant and players don't respond well to it. I think he's trying to get them to do too much outside their comfort zone. But that's the mandate he was brought in for. I don't for one second think Artell is the right man for this job. But I don't blame the scorpion for being a scorpion. I blame the people who thought a scorpion was what we needed.

Further to that, we've got a chairman who doesn't want to be here, or at least chairman, and is complaining about having to put money in. We've heard for 3 years about a new training ground, now we're waiting on legal stuff and have no way to fund it. It feels like the new stadium saga all over again. And somehow we spend a lot more money to be just as shite. The only thing we had going for us was that we're sustainable, we don't even have that anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 556
It Bites
January 28, 2024, 9:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
As I said a few times , my dad who is 82 has studied football for 70 years and the first thing he said was Artell will take you down . I get the feeling his interview massaged the ego of whoever interviewed him . He’s got one promotion but he also got sacked for a very poor run . That’s it , he won’t have a clue how to get us out of this relegation battle and looking at the home performances over the last few weeks I think my dad is spot on .
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 556
moosey_club
January 28, 2024, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from pen penfras

Further to that, we've got a chairman who doesn't want to be here, or at least chairman, and is complaining about having to put money in. We've heard for 3 years about a new training ground, now we're waiting on legal stuff and have no way to fund it. It feels like the new stadium saga all over again. And somehow we spend a lot more money to be just as shite. The only thing we had going for us was that we're sustainable, we don't even have that anymore.

Compared to the previous 15yrs of benign loans, failed relocation, emotional blackmailing of trust shares and relegation from the League , drunken ramblings , sink for the lady refs.....etc

I think we are in a much better position.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 556
jamesgtfc
January 28, 2024, 9:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 123614

What is ridiculous is people like you who expect miracles to happen after DA has been in situ for only 7 weeks!  He said in his first interview that this wouldn't be a quick fix but that it would take many months to get the team playing in the style he is used too.  Also, the players he inherited are obviously not his choice, I am guessing he will hope to turn that around by the end of the Summer transfer window.  

This thread title is a joke, and there is not a cat in hells chance that DA will be sacked any time soon!

Would you be happy to accept relegation as a consequence of Artell getting a squad to play his style?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 556
It Bites
January 28, 2024, 10:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras
Whilst we are totally shite and Artell is the manager, how much is he to blame?

The squad is crap, only 2 signings were an improvement and one of those has gone. Hurst signed those players, but I'm not sure it's all his fault. He never signed shite like this before we had a head of recruitment and board pushing for us to play the 'Grimsby way'.

How many teams can you name that look in danger of relegation, struggle at the back but not particularly struggling to score go on to hire a manager with the intent of playing more expansive football? I can't think of a single instance where this has worked, it's always bring in a Spam Allardyce or Sean Dyche type to save you.

Artell's interviews worried me since day 1. I think he's incoherent, but these statements of how he'll improve the players etc worry me more. I think it's arrogant and players don't respond well to it. I think he's trying to get them to do too much outside their comfort zone. But that's the mandate he was brought in for. I don't for one second think Artell is the right man for this job. But I don't blame the scorpion for being a scorpion. I blame the people who thought a scorpion was what we needed.

That’s a superb post . I tend to agree that “the Grimsby way” is all very Disney and a bit childish tbh especially when you’re heading for relegation from the football league for the 3rd time with a back room staff that must be costing a fortune for very little end product on the pitch . JS and AP must of realised football is a bottom less pit . They’ve had more money to spend than any chairman in our modern history and here we are still scraping the barrel . It will never get this good on the terraces again . I’m sorry but you’ve blown it guys ,
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 556
denni266
January 28, 2024, 10:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
This thing he keeps saying about it going to take many weeks to many months to get things right is just a saying to try and cover his back when things dont go well. Plain and simple
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 556
Corkyefes
January 28, 2024, 10:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from GibMariner
Information overload could be a problem for the players.

For me we were short of a good keeper and not much else but now we are all at seas rubbishing Tom, male private and Harry.

Still say Hurst should have been given the window.

Suspect we won’t be relegated but Genuine question though in DA do we trust? I think not.

Dont understand this we need a new keeper sentiment.
To be fair to Cartwright, quite alot of the goals havent been his fault and theres been games then hes stoppped it being 6 or 7 (Mansfield for example springs straight to mind).

Not sure how you can say we only needed a keeper becuase this defence is the worst ive seen.
And now, with no Conteh and no other player to pick yup the ball and distribute it, we are going to look even worse.

If i had my way, excluding loans, Rose would probably only be the player I would be dissapointed if they left at the end of the season.
The rest, i couldn't give two hoots about leaving.

Private Message
Reply: 108 - 556
sam gy
January 28, 2024, 10:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
I think we need to cut the guy some slack after being here for such a short space of time.

And let’s not forget what a difficult month this has been for the club with young Cameron’s passing and Callum’s diagnosis. This is only the second game we’ve played since all of that news.

I was a huge Hursty fan but this season under him was diabolical and that is largely down to the squad he assembled. A massive downgrade on last season.

I’ve seen enough to think it’ll come good under Artell….MK, Crewe, Notts, Salford. Some of the best football I’ve seen is play in donkeys years (not a high bar admittedly). Just need to learn how to play against the uglier sides and get points on the board very quickly.

Also need to replace some of the players (conteh) and characters (waterfall) that have left. Hopefully we can do that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 556
56 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.