Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,493 views. Print
56 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
sydney
January 27, 2024, 11:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
OUT for me, and sooner the better
B4 Next Game Please
Poor recruitment from the club again
He Probably ticked the boxes at interview
Don’t ask me who to bring in as I’m fed up with feeling underwhelmed year after year after year
Pearson and Davies “May” keep us up
This fella definitely won’t
Eastleigh, Boreham Wood , Gateshead Beckoning
We deserve so much better
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 556
GrimRob
January 27, 2024, 11:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,446
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
November 2022: https://gtfc.co.uk/hutchinson-becomes-head-of-recruitment-analysis/

I wonder which players the above has been an influence/difference in signing compared to someone Hurst thought would be good to sign, and for that matter Artell?

At least some of the players we signed under DA we were pursuing before, suggesting some continuity at least in recruitment. Which seems odd if we are intending to play in a profoundly different way.

I have my doubts that it is even possible to find a squad willing and able to come to Grimsby and play the style DA wants. Not only do we have to have some way of playing that will achieve enough points to stay up this season, we also need one which it is possible for the pool of players we can realistically attract to even play. There are many other well funded clubs in more desirable locations competing for the same group of players. Most of them will also be looking at the same data that we are.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 81 - 556
petethemariner
January 28, 2024, 12:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from mariner91
I think Artell has to take some of the blame for today certainly. A midfield trio that between them has less than 100 appearances in the FL and it showed, lacking in physicality and in Green having one of the most technically limited midfielders to have ever worn a Town shirt. Putting Clifton out wide for Vernam was also a strange choice. I can understand the thinking of giving the fairly useless Mullarkey a bit more defensive support but we were playing Tranmere, not Man City. The lack of attacking substitutions and the bizarre timing of the substitutions was also a mistake. I also think he's being too pigheaded given our situation where, despite what he says, we're not safe from relegation and trying to play this very technical game does not suit the players available who are in the most part pretty crap.

However, this situation is generally not his fault. Since the first half against Bradford, we were utterly shite under Hurst. There was a good performance against Morecambe under the caretakers amongst some equally shite performances (FGR, Sutton and Slough away). And other than a few games, we've continued to be shite under Artell. The common denominator is the players who are stealing a wage and should be ashamed of themselves.
Absolutely  spot on IMO!
The overall quality of the squad is non league standard and most of the signings in the last two years have either never had much success in the FL or mostly played in non-league interspersed with young, inexperienced players. If all of our players were released at the end of the season, how many would you expect to get a FL club? Rose, Clifton, Vernam, Eisa, Cartwright, possibly Gnahoua, Wilson and Pyke too? The rest I think would struggle to find a FL club and I suspect we will be the last FL club of a lot of these players. Our starting back line today had FOUR out of five players who were relegated LAST SEASON. In short, we've got a squad full of losers.

We have precious few who show any leadership. We have very little pace throughout the team. We're not a very strong team. We never seem to be as fit as the opposition.. We're technically quite poor on average and always seem far poorer than the opposition at doing the absolute basics. The match intelligence of too many players is alarmingly poor. We are found wanting in virtually every aspect of the game. I totally agree with those that are saying Artell is trying to get them to play in a way that they're not capable of playing. But then the question remains, what style of play could you implement with this team?!

The next few days are crucical. We need a right back, a left back, someone to replace Conteh cause Green is shite and can't do that role and another centre back at an absolute minimum if we're going to get ourselves out of trouble and not just rely on there being two teams that are worse than us. Hurst did a lot of good in the last two seasons but he's left us with an absolute turd of a squad.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 556
petethemariner
January 28, 2024, 12:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Being a techno dud i ballsed up my comments after 'quoting' Mariner91's post,  so i will just say SPOT ON  totally agree 100%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 556
petethemariner
January 28, 2024, 12:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Wow! got  a red cross  to a quoted post when in error i  didnt even make a comment! Some very strange people on this forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 556
TownSNAFU5
January 28, 2024, 12:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
Mariner91:  agree and we have major weaknesses and failings.

To add to an earlier comment above:  the usually reliable Clifton is another player who has not turned up this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 556
Nelly GTFC
January 28, 2024, 12:17am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from petethemariner
Wow! got  a red cross  to a quoted post when in error i  didnt even make a comment! Some very strange people on this forum.
Click Member Centre >> Board Settings >> then tick Don't show reputation or approval.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 556
petethemariner
January 28, 2024, 12:19am
Cocktail Drinker
I dont post often Nelly and it doesnt bother me, just find it a bit sad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 556
Yoda
January 28, 2024, 12:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
3 more games for me last of the three is Colchester away i think if he doesn’t win any of them he’s toast.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 556
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 28, 2024, 12:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 122
Fingers crossed we get enough results to ensure we dont get relegated this season, then Artell can lose all those who are out of contract, and rebuild the majority of his squad with players who are good enough to play DA's system.

He inherited a group of, and i use the term loosely, 'professional' football players who seemingly are incapable of learning anything new, and are too stuck in their ways. We dont need or want players like that, but while we have no other options, then we have to make do and crack on for the rest of the season. Of course there will be many more ups and downs but come the end of the season, half the team are gone.

Enjoy the ride
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 556
56 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.