Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,472 views. Print
56 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
January 28, 2024, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
If the rumour of losing the dressing room is true, just where do these lads reckon their career is headed if we go down? If we were to be relegated this season which of our players would ever play in the FL again? Rose, Clifton, Eisa, Vernam maybe, Cartwright and maybe Pyke? The loan lads are young so may still salvage a career but the likes of Mullarkey, Green, Maher, Rodgers and Glennon could kiss their FL careers goodbye.

If it’s true, and it’s still an if, then they’re an absolute disgrace the lot of them. And I’d happily say it to their faces because barring Rose we’ve seen not one of them has the bottle to stand up for themselves. Fcuking boll0ck-less wasters.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 556
jamesgtfc
January 28, 2024, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mikey_345

Heard a murmur of that this week myself but it isn’t the first time so I always take it with a massive amount of salt and just put down to the gossip nature of football supporters.. Usually it’s likely one player that’s not in the team or been told they can leave that’s started playing silly buggers.

If I was remotely Artell out, which I’ve already said I’m not, then this would make me go the other way.

If true, again that’s an if, then they’re a disgrace. They’re professional footballers and should act as such. Some of their performances this year are an embarrassment and they really aren’t in a position to think they ‘know better’. They should be embarrassed that they have no professional pride.

It was time to let Paul go, but it has always annoyed me that these players basically lost a good man and club legend his job - don’t like playing professional league football? There’s plenty that do - so intercourse off.

If it's true, it's disgraceful, but we need them to stay up, and if that means Artell has to go in order for that to happen, then so be it. We can get rid of the trouble makers in the summer, but it is absolutely imperative that  we stay up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 556
HertsGTFC
January 28, 2024, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mikey_345

Heard a murmur of that this week myself but it isn’t the first time so I always take it with a massive amount of salt and just put down to the gossip nature of football supporters.. Usually it’s likely one player that’s not in the team or been told they can leave that’s started playing silly buggers.

If I was remotely Artell out, which I’ve already said I’m not, then this would make me go the other way.

If true, again that’s an if, then they’re a disgrace. They’re professional footballers and should act as such. Some of their performances this year are an embarrassment and they really aren’t in a position to think they ‘know better’. They should be embarrassed that they have no professional pride.

It was time to let Paul go, but it has always annoyed me that these players basically lost a good man and club legend his job - don’t like playing professional league football? There’s plenty that do - so intercourse off.

The problem DA faces is he has none of “his men” in the dressing room, when PH came back his first signing was LJL someone who was loyal to Hurst and he knew he could trust. Also I think Macca was still the captain and Harry Clifton also knew that it was wise to stay loyal to Hurst.

I watched ATAW last weekend and thought it was brilliant, made me laugh & cry with pride at the same time.

Many of our current squad look nothing like the side that got us up in terms of work rate, team spirit, dogged resilience and pride in being a professional footballer.

When we went down in last time the squad was a car crash in terms of its make up & the deals/loans etc.. too many lads not invested in the club. This lot are surely on better terms and play in an almost full BP each week, so why not apply yourself & put the effort in?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 556
Swansea_Mariner
January 28, 2024, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Any hint of players downing tools  that and the owners will need to get down there and read the riot act bloody bunch of  prima donnas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 556
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2024, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,284
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Any hint of players downing tools  that and the owners will need to get down there and read the riot act bloody bunch of  prima donnas.

Just watching Newport and realising that Newport’s number 8 would make a great replacement for Conteh.
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 556
January 28, 2024, 5:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from denni266
Are people still calling him the special one ,,, How childish

No, childish is your constant whimpering about DA, instead of giving him a chance with his own players.

Reply: 155 - 556
Alan Buckley
January 28, 2024, 5:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Also been told he’s lost the dressing room. Another reason why Conteh asked to leave asap. That was a couple of days before the match yesterday and they certainly played true to that yesterday.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 556
January 28, 2024, 5:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from ancientmariner54

No I don't  stop putting words in my mouth , I would have preferred shaun and Ben for the rest of the season though .

That's a joke, right?

Reply: 157 - 556
It Bites
January 28, 2024, 5:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Alan Buckley
Also been told he’s lost the dressing room. Another reason why Conteh asked to leave asap. That was a couple of days before the match yesterday and they certainly played true to that yesterday.

He needs to get his own back room boys in . Pearson , Davies , Croudson all played a huge part this season. Artells downfall is he’s now on his own , which would explain his defeated look yesterday.
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 556
1mickylyons
January 28, 2024, 5:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Alan Buckley

You seem generally well informed did you hear the same story that it was a spat with senior players and the way one in particular was singled out because he disagreed with DA about set pieces?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 556
56 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.