Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell Out  (triple merged)

This thread currently has 47,468 views. Print
56 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2024, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,284
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614
What a lot of people are forgetting was that he was honest right at the start of his tenure.  He said it would take many months for him to get the team playing the way he AND the owners what us to play.  Up until this week he was stuck with players that were not his choice, and as we can clearly see, some of whom are not able to play his way.  Two of them got their first start today, what did you expect of them?  They have been here less than a week.

Some people are already saying he should go!!  Really, wow after just a few weeks you want him out, he is doing his best to work with what he inherited, he said it wouldn't be easy, and he was right.  Saying we should change back to playing the Hurst way, well, there were plenty of you knocking that style too.

I hope we stick with him and give him the time and backing he needs, instead of slagging him off on this forum.

Been happy enough till now but, with the players he had available, today’s midfield selection was baffling. Andrews, Wood and Green were individually shocking and as a collective appalling.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 556
friskneymariner
January 27, 2024, 7:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
Who is it he said in his interview was on trail with us.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 556
January 27, 2024, 7:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Been happy enough till now but, with the players he had available, today’s midfield selection was baffling. Andrews, Wood and Green were individually shocking and as a collective appalling.

I try not to comment on team selections as I am not a professional football manager.

Reply: 52 - 556
Northbank Mariner
January 27, 2024, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Oh give up for felicitations sake...last week we we're all buzzing saying how much entertaining we are now, playing a better style of football, today we were excrement, it happens but to call for Artell already?..really, I'm just glad you aren't my line manager!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 556
fishcake63
January 27, 2024, 8:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
That was awful & i dont see any improvement in fact it got worse today our defending is at best shambolic , we wont win games with these defenders not helped by midfield today though , have we got a back up plan because for sure we could get relegated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 556
denni266
January 27, 2024, 8:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Even i think its a bit early to be calling for his head . The team is in nowhere land along with most not being able to either pass or concentrait . I personaly dont think he is the answer  Trouble is trying to get to the summer so he can sign players he wants and can play his style may cost us our league status once again  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 556
GrimRob
January 27, 2024, 8:14pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,446
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Kris2
You lot love getting managers fired, it's seriously the thing this board gets the most joy from except when something positive about the fans is mentioned and you all cum in your pants.  

PH was one of the longest-serving manager in the whole EFL. I think there was barely a Hurst Out thread all season (or last) on here until near the end, so I don't think you can claim at all that the board has a great appetite for demanding sackings.

It's quite common for clubs to lose a long-serving manager and then take a couple of goes to get the right replacement. Don't forget our owners were totally new to this as well, many other owners will have been through previous sets of interviews and have a feel for who they might approach when the moment arrives.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 556
TAGG
January 27, 2024, 8:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
What the intercourse the owners ever see in this bloke I can't imagine.
I love the owners because they love our club and they got rid of Fenty but what the intercourse they made them think Artell was the alternative to SP & BD I don't know.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 556
jonnyboy82
January 27, 2024, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I just don't know what we are trying to achieve right now ? We clearly aren't good enough to pass it out the back. We concede goals for fun.

Under David artell he said we will get an identity under him and we will see what we want to do under him well I can see we are a bit of a joke atm dave. We look an easy touch for anyone right now.

We have just sold arguably our best player losing games pretty much every week, I'm worried tbh very worried infact.

I'm not sure the owners are confident they have made the right decision in appointing artell but we must try get behind him as much as possible right now , I know that's easy to say but what other option do we have ? Sack him and put us further in dissaray.

IF we survive this season and stay up and by the way it is in  no way  gonna be easy task then we need to look at the whole set up of what we are trying to achieve.  We can't be having another season of this.

This transfer window is going to be the most important in recent years and getting some young lads on cheap loans from some championship clubs ain't gonna cut it .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 556
TAGG
January 27, 2024, 8:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I just don't know what we are trying to achieve right now ? We clearly aren't good enough to pass it out the back. We concede goals for fun.

Under David artell he said we will get an identity under him and we will see what we want to do under him well I can see we are a bit of a joke atm dave. We look an easy touch for anyone right now.

We have just sold arguably our best player losing games pretty much every week, I'm worried tbh very worried infact.

I'm not sure the owners are confident they have made the right decision in appointing artell but we must try get behind him as much as possible right now , I know that's easy to say but what other option do we have ? Sack him and put us further in dissaray.

IF we survive this season and stay up and by the way it is in  no way  gonna be easy task then we need to look at the whole set up of what we are trying to achieve.  We can't be having another season of this.

This transfer window is going to be the most important in recent years and getting some young lads on cheap loans from some championship clubs ain't gonna cut it .

We now have 'an identity'
It urine easy to score against us.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 556
56 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell Out  (triple merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.