Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,149 views. Print
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
February 17, 2024, 10:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Marinerdeano

Not to mention a promotion, first top half league 2 finish in years and FA cup quarter final. Admittedly we are going through an unexpected rough season but ignore those facts.

Some great early success but where are we in the league again, looks like any football fortune will be spent on cleaning up this utter disaster of a season, but ignore those facts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 412
RichMariner
February 17, 2024, 10:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,161
Gold Stars: 211
Artell is currently presiding over one of the worst - if not the worst - home records in the entire 146-year history of this proud club.

Before 2024 began, we'd only conceded 5+ goals at BP three times in 25 years (Donny, ironically, Burnley, and Charlton).

Now we've done it three times in seven weeks.

We are beyond the point of no return. Even if DA steadies the ship from here and we stay up, the fans will turn on him the very moment things begin to look dodgy again.

One little wobble and he'll be feeling the pressure. Because it'll be like 'Oh god, here we go again.'

Fans have lost confidence in him. I agree that the players aren't good enough and need to look themselves in the mirror, but you've got to question why Artell has let us slip to this scenario.

In his post-match interview he's talking about home truths. Home truths, after 12 games in charge??!!

My reading of the situation is this: the players don't believe in what he's trying to do. They've had a go, they've clearly failed, and I think goals four and five today epitomised a team in which the players gave up.

We have had two totally unacceptable results at home since the turn of the year. The defeats to Tranmere and Harrogate weren't massive in margin but the Tranmere one for me was the big worry. I saw players arguing with themselves, DA arguing with an official, and an air of resignation at full time.

What the owners need to do now is decide what is going to cost the club more: sacking DA or relegation to non-League for a third time.

I don't envy their position. As easy as it is for us to say 'just sack the guy' it's going to be far more complex than that. Who replaces him? Is it appropriate that such inexperience in SP & BD take over?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 91 - 412
chaos33
February 17, 2024, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from RichMariner
Artell is currently presiding over one of the worst - if not the worst - home records in the entire 146-year history of this proud club.

Before 2024 began, we'd only conceded 5+ goals at BP three times in 25 years (Donny, ironically, Burnley, and Charlton).

Now we've done it three times in seven weeks.

We are beyond the point of no return. Even if DA steadies the ship from here and we stay up, the fans will turn on him the very moment things begin to look dodgy again.

One little wobble and he'll be feeling the pressure. Because it'll be like 'Oh god, here we go again.'

Fans have lost confidence in him. I agree that the players aren't good enough and need to look themselves in the mirror, but you've got to question why Artell has let us slip to this scenario.

In his post-match interview he's talking about home truths. Home truths, after 12 games in charge??!!

My reading of the situation is this: the players don't believe in what he's trying to do. They've had a go, they've clearly failed, and I think goals four and five today epitomised a team in which the players gave up.

We have had two totally unacceptable results at home since the turn of the year. The defeats to Tranmere and Harrogate weren't massive in margin but the Tranmere one for me was the big worry. I saw players arguing with themselves, DA arguing with an official, and an air of resignation at full time.

What the owners need to do now is decide what is going to cost the club more: sacking DA or relegation to non-League for a third time.

I don't envy their position. As easy as it is for us to say 'just sack the guy' it's going to be far more complex than that. Who replaces him? Is it appropriate that such inexperience in SP & BD take over?

I agree.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 412
Heisenberg
February 17, 2024, 10:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from chaos33

I will 100% turn my back if we are managed back to the conference, yet again,  and I think hundreds, if not thousands will do the same - especially those who are 40/45 plus and have just had more than a belly full of it. Going back to the conference cannot be allowed to happen. It will kill the club. If the owners let the current manager have another game, or even 2, then they are playing Russian Roulette.

I’ll always support town, but you’re right - I’m 48 and I’m very lucky that I’ve never suffered with mental health problems, but honestly, following town is really, really hard most of the time, and another drop into non-league will be too much for me. I’d pick and choose my games next season if we went down. I'd had enough of non league over a decade ago.

That win at West Ham should have been that. No more. But here we are again….
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 412
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2024, 11:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Phil the cod

You'll have the usual Marxist happy clappers on soon saying you must be a nazi and a racist for not getting behind the data .

F**k off 🛎️🔚

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 412
chaos33
February 17, 2024, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’ll always support town, but you’re right - I’m 48 and I’m very lucky that I’ve never suffered with mental health problems, but honestly, following town is really, really hard most of the time, and another drop into non-league will be too much for me. I’d pick and choose my games next season if we went down. I'd had enough of non league over a decade ago.

That win at West Ham should have been that. No more. But here we are again….

Yup. It’s 90 miles each way for home games for me and it’s a load more of my meagre spare time spent engaging. I’m 52. I’m ready to just bin it off and do something else if it means playing at that level again . My time is precious and devoting loads of it to a wilfully, infuriatingly unfulfilling and destructive pastime makes no sense.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 412
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2024, 11:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
So off the pitch we've had some impoved food, a new website, a new badge, a glass barrier, some required backlog maintenance, integrated sprinklers, a bit of drainage works and a new portacabin.

The fanzone predated them and the badge was a freebie.

On pitch rapidly turning into a new disaster + oodles of new backroom staff presumably not improving our on pitch fortunes.

Pretty small increments on what were admittedly the previous excrement show

And we paid  the previous sh1t show the money we owed him ahead of time and have had to make provision in the accounts this season for a 6 figure sum to keep the main stand going. New roof on the Ponny, essential work on the Osmond and a training ground that’s functional. Oh yeah and a pitch that looked great today.

Apart from appointing a manager that to date has only talked a good game one thing I suspect they’re guilty of is listening to so called football experts,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 412
Yoda
February 17, 2024, 11:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
If we got out the league again Stockwood will have a shock i hope he has relegation clauses on these long contracts or he is going to be a lot poorer.
Still at least we have a glass barrier and some better hotdogs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 412
Captaincod
February 17, 2024, 11:20pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
The owners by their own admission stuck by PH through several downturns and then sacked him accordingly due to the “data”.
What is the data telling them now ? It’s telling me and everyone else who has watched us in the last few months that a poor team has been made even worse. It’s telling me we’ve shipped more goals at home than we ever have in living memory.
I’ve had a brief Google of our last 2 relegation squads and it’s quite frightening in my opinion how many of them would get in this team.
Artells arrogance, refusal to change his set up and constant insistence that we won’t go down despite the evidence reminds me of the old story of King Canute .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 412
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 1:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
I fear, that in trying to justify their decision to bring Artell in, that the owners will give him the next two hugely vital games coming up. By the end of those matches, Forest Green or Sutton could well be within touching distance of us.

Still in free fall, we’ll then only be left with 13 games to survive the drop and scrabbling around.

They need to bin him today and give whoever takes the team the week to start to undo the damage Artell has done over the last few months.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 412
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.