Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,151 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
February 18, 2024, 4:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from GrimRob
Artell gets vote of confidence

Tweet 1759184951314915455 will appear here...

The tweet  says absolutely nothing but presents the opportunity to have the little dig at the fans which now appears to be habitual behaviour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 412
February 18, 2024, 4:56pm
Guest User

For me even if we stay up, where do we go from here?
Puts a pressure on immediately in close season / pre season
How does DA reconcile ? Results so next season we would need to see immediate progress and positives

What's the plan now ? How has it been revised or is it on track despite results?? I very much doubt the latter!
Reply: 201 - 412
Teestogreen
February 18, 2024, 5:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
The ‘tweet’ above just tells me that the owners believe they cant financially afford to change the controller of the team.
So ….. on to next week

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 412
BrMarin
February 18, 2024, 5:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
I thought we were guided by the data? Is our analyst on holiday or something? You don't need to be a statistical genius to see that Artell is shite. Don't buy the argument that getting rid will cost too much, just put him on gardening leave - unless Ben and Shaun have said they don't want to take over again...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 412
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 5:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from BrMarin
I thought we were guided by the data? Is our analyst on holiday or something? You don't need to be a statistical genius to see that Artell is shite. Don't buy the argument that getting rid will cost too much, just put him on gardening leave - unless Ben and Shaun have said they don't want to take over again...

According to Artell we played really well between the 1st and 5th minutes yesterday so that must be the data Stockwood is looking at…

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 412
friskneymariner
February 18, 2024, 5:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from arryarryarry

They probably don't want to come forward in public but you may find some staff who are no longer with the club being unhappy with the way they were treated.

Are we better off than when they were here?

As for the way the club is currently being run, we now have more backroom staff than you can shake a stick at and look where it has taken us to, staring at a big hole called non league.

Apparently the way staff are being appointed leaves a lot to be desired.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 412
friskneymariner
February 18, 2024, 5:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,154
Gold Stars: 38
The owners need to understand the difference between sustainable and successful

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 412
tarka
February 18, 2024, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Phil the cod

Here's the first one......

I'm not Marxist and you're still a wazzock.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 207 - 412
Bigwinn1975
February 18, 2024, 6:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +83
The dig in comment is a little vacuous. I make it six games left at BP this season unless I’ve calculated incorrectly.

That’s six decisions (in a cost of living crisis) about whether to spend associated costs with going to BP, as we have been all season, expecting a change and being disappointed.

So yes we can dig in and continue doing the same ol’ things expecting a change but when the rubber meets the road at season ticket renewal time, I know I’ll be ruled by head this year and not heart

I do appreciate Jason making a tweet and I don’t for one minute think they have an easy job- I wouldn’t want it. However the gap I see week in and week out is a leader on the pitch.

It looks like artell rules by proxy- and I don’t know enough about his methods to say he is a good or bad boss

But a seasoned and respected voice on the pitch when a match is on makes a huge difference.  

Just calling it as I see it- however I’m sure there is a lot more going on that we will ever be privy to…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 412
Mappers
February 18, 2024, 6:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,449
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Bigwinn1975
The dig in comment is a little vacuous. I make it six games left at BP this season unless I’ve calculated incorrectly.

That’s six decisions (in a cost of living crisis) about whether to spend associated costs with going to BP, as we have been all season, expecting a change and being disappointed.

So yes we can dig in and continue doing the same ol’ things expecting a change but when the rubber meets the road at season ticket renewal time, I know I’ll be ruled by head this year and not heart

I do appreciate Jason making a tweet and I don’t for one minute think they have an easy job- I wouldn’t want it. However the gap I see week in and week out is a leader on the pitch.

It looks like artell rules by proxy- and I don’t know enough about his methods to say he is a good or bad boss

But a seasoned and respected voice on the pitch when a match is on makes a huge difference.  

Just calling it as I see it- however I’m sure there is a lot more going on that we will ever be privy to…

5750 ST holders , I don't think a good few of them will be at the FGR game, unless we smash The Shrimpers which seems unlikely .

Can see a sub 5k crowd at best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 412
42 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.