Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,167 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GrimRob
Artell gets vote of confidence

Tweet 1759184951314915455 will appear here...

I don't know if I am reading that correctly but is he saying they accept responsibility for having negative comments said against them but not accepting they are responsible for us being 3rd from bottom of the EFL and looking at the National League again?
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 412
1mickylyons
February 18, 2024, 1:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
1878 have had a good run and have enjoyed almost total support from the fans. Sacking Hurst and appointing Artell was the first big foul up and keeping him is a classic case of burying there heads and hoping for the best.Fenty did that ffs do we never learn? I've had Town lack ambition chucked at me for years by those who don't go and I've always defended the Club but maybe I was wrong? If 3rd from bottom is a job well done for 1878 it stinks and it will lose them at least 25% of STH including me. Show us some ambition or sell up and get out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 412
lew chaterleys lover
February 18, 2024, 1:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob
Artell gets vote of confidence

He doesn't like negative our Jason does he?

It's part of life I'm afraid and a lot more good stuff comes from negativity than you think - often because it's the truth and then things can be mended.

Private Message
Reply: 172 - 412
headingly_mariner
February 18, 2024, 1:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I've had enough of Stockwood and his BS you're right he's just a more intelligent version of Fenty but without the brass neck to face up to the fans Get your wallet out and get us in a proper Manager you've dropped a huge bollock now admit it.

That's just balderdash. How can you forget the way he treated the fans, the club and the people who he worked with.

Comparing the new owners to Fenty is night and day. The way the club is run has been dragged into the 21st century, there are no worries about shady motives to do with the ground and criminals. The Chairman regularly answers any questions from media. And so much more.
It's a hard thing to do and success rarely happens in a straight line.

They've spent pots of money improving the ground and training facilities, the team regularly stays over and prepares properly for away days, the players and players families are looked after.

Add to that we've had a promotion and an FA Cup quarter final in the three years they've been in charge.

This is their first relegation battle, Fenty lost 4 of those. I don't agree with their decision, but the two regimes are not even similar. I'm off the opinion that club owners shouldn't be lauded and worshipped, they don't kick the balls, it's usually an ego thing and a rich man's toy. And to be fair to our owners I think there's a bit of that. I find Stockwood a bit of a bore and feel like he loves the sound of his own voice.

But I'd take that and have him in a heartbeat over the previous regime. Do I read his self indulgent guardian articles? No
Do I believe that him and Andrew are trying to improve the club? Yes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 412
toontown
February 18, 2024, 1:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Bold choice. I think it could be delaying the inevitable for a week or two. I'd have had the girl private gone.

Seems to me like sacking him will cost too much money and won't guarantee we stay up, so they are just crossing their fingers in the hope something changes.
To quote Stockwood, sometimes you have to affect change. Doing nothing is an even bigger gamble with our EFL status than to take a chance that somebody can be better than the worst manager in our history.
I also think, from the Artell interview, that he will have told them(Stockwood and petit) he has had an open and honest discussion with players, told them home truths and been told home truths in return and thus he will change things. And also that the next game is away and we are better away. I reckon he will be given a last chance against Morecambe but it's just kicking the can down the road. If we manage a draw he limps on into the next home game against FG and disaster looms - sorry Stockwood, affect change and sack Artell ASAP in order to give us time for the massive game against FG our league status quite possibly depends on it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 412
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 18, 2024, 1:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I've had enough of Stockwood and his BS you're right he's just a more intelligent version of Fenty but without the brass neck to face up to the fans Get your wallet out and get us in a proper Manager you've dropped a huge bollock now admit it.

I’ve got no problem with people criticising Stockwood and Pettit but this is a footballing error. It’s got nothing to do with B Corp, politics or his articles in The Guardian.

They appear to have selected the wrong manager. They’ve made a mistake. It could be a costly mistake but it is just a mistake; the same footballing mistakes as Fenty and most other football owners make every season.

Clifton giving the ball away for their second or Cartwright not saving the fifth were mistakes. They are forgivable.

Not tracking players, turning your back on shots, actively avoiding engaging players and pulling out of tackles are not mistakes. They are completely disgraceful acts that show a lack of respect to the club and the fans.

In a similar vein, trying to sell the club to a convicted criminal and bringing the club into disrepute are not mistakes. They were disgusting acts too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 412
headingly_mariner
February 18, 2024, 1:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from 1mickylyons
1878 have had a good run and have enjoyed almost total support from the fans. Sacking Hurst and appointing Artell was the first big foul up and keeping him is a classic case of burying there heads and hoping for the best.Fenty did that ffs do we never learn? I've had Town lack ambition chucked at me for years by those who don't go and I've always defended the Club but maybe I was wrong? If 3rd from bottom is a job well done for 1878 it stinks and it will lose them at least 25% of STH including me. Show us some ambition or sell up and get out

It'll be a job well done from this point in the season, but it's nobody's aim at the start is it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 412
DB
February 18, 2024, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from GrimRob

In the words of Fraser,

We're doomed. Jason and Andrew are not sacking him. Enough said.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 412
Northbank Mariner
February 18, 2024, 3:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Yoda
Maybe that’s the issue he might have a clause in his contract he can be sacked if relegated.
Otherwise they have to pay him 2 years of his contract probably 250k

Yoda, you don't understand football do you,..

The contract could be 125 years but its the termination period that's the import factor.

Listened to Gary Rowett, Ainsworth and Sherwood discussing this exact issue and they said most managerial appointments will have a 6 month termination written into their contracts, to protect the club but give the manager some assurance that if it goes mammaries up he's not left in the excrement financially
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 3:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Just a theory but here goes….

Artell allowed an open conversation with the players after the game yesterday and some home truths were raised by senior squad members. He then talks to the owners last night/this morning (maybe both) and admits that he’s made some mistakes and asks them for a chance to change things and they’ve agreed to it on the basis that he’s got a relatively short window (of the owners discretion) in which to turn things round.

I can’t imagine that they will allow this to run and run.
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 412
42 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.