Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,141 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
February 18, 2024, 10:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
No wonder Stockwood doesn't read the fishy.

Most appointments are the wrong appointment it's about how you deal with it.

I feel much more confident in them than I ever felt under Fenty. They like anyone will get stuff wrong, I don't think they'll lie, hold the fans to ransom and bring crooks into the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 412
Mappers
February 18, 2024, 10:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,449
Gold Stars: 119
They are now giving people an easy 'no' for next season .

To get torched this many times , humiliated even will be terminal for a lot ,in terms of trust in the board on the footballing side and willing to attend games .

Stayed longer in the bar at halftime and had a pint with a regular , he binned it off after seeing them put another in the onion bag on the screen - went home .

He won't go again while Artell is here .

It's so frustrating the great gains in terms of fans willing to attend is more than likely going to be erroded because of all this .

I thought we were moving forward even if at a slow pace ,but I think now maybe going further backwards than square one .

The Scunts, Imps and even Doncaster fans are pissing themselves

We are once again the laughing stock
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 412
HerveJosse
February 18, 2024, 10:37am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I would certainly expect there to be a clause that it costs us nothing if he takes us down. Hopefully there is one that it costs us nothing/very little if PPG at any point falls below 1.0.

If there is a clause that says there is no compo if relegated then we are stuck with him until the end of the season so I hope not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 412
Swansea_Mariner
February 18, 2024, 10:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63

I do agree and I have been amazed at their naivety thus far. The deal with McAtee was the same - basically gave our best player away whilst hoping to forge good relationships with Luton. Luton aren't bothered about us, and never will be.

We are not hearing much about Gareth Jennings any more and all the "expertise " he was going to bring to the organisation. Very little of what they do or say seems grounded enough in the dog eat dog of professional football.

Gareth Jennings, 21st Group, Loughborough University all these partnerships don't appear to have made one jot of difference. 89th out of 92 in the league structure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 412
GollyGTFC

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I feel much more confident in them than I ever felt under Fenty. They like anyone will get stuff wrong, I don't think they'll lie, hold the fans to ransom and bring crooks into the club.

Given the predicament we are in the owners need to either sack Artell or front up and give an interview to BBC RH. Silence won't wash. If the owner has time to write article after article for the Graudian then I'm sure he can find half an hour to be grilled by Matt Dean.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 144 - 412
GollyGTFC

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Gareth Jennings, 21st Group, Loughborough University all these partnerships don't appear to have made one jot of difference. 89th out of 92 in the league structure.

*90th
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 145 - 412
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 10:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Maybe that’s the issue he might have a clause in his contract he can be sacked if relegated.
Otherwise they have to pay him 2 years of his contract probably 250k
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 412
IlkleyMariner
February 18, 2024, 10:50am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
I’m completely perplexed about what’s going on.
I’m not close enough to pick up on local gossip but how can a side be so awful at home but battle to get performances away?

How can a team make so many mistakes when on top in a game? Even yesterday after a shambolic start they were in the game at half time, and could have been ahead.

In all my time following Town since the 1950s I can’t remember them conceding 5 or more on three occasions at home, and the season still has time to run.

I hope the owners take time to meet with some of the senior players before making decisions…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 412
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 10:54am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,448
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Fenty was very popular in his first few years but long outstayed his position. In the end he lost the plot and made some terrible decisions. It's an incredibly hard and stressful job and you don't even get paid for it. Every decision is microanalysed. Many people would be broken by it. Huxford didn't last 5 minutes.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 148 - 412
pen penfras
February 18, 2024, 10:54am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GollyGTFC

In regards to how the business side of the club is run there are several red flags...

* No sponsor for what was once called the Findus Stand for the 2nd season running.

* The club have never secured any naming rights for the Main Stand, Pontoon Stand or the Osmond Stand. Is there another club at our level without any of the stands having a sponsor?

* The club have been looking for naming rights for Blundell Park for years and have failed. 13 out of the 24 grounds in L2 have naming rights agreements.

* We only have one shirt sponsor who appears on the front and back of all 3 shirts and the back of all 3 shorts. We don't have a shirt sleeve sponsor at all. Does that offer the best possible income stream from on kit sponsorship?

If we asked the owners no doubt they'd say that nobody has paid the asking price for all these missed revenue streams. But it's like selling a house, it;s worth what somebody is willing to pay for it and not a penny more.

It all points to nothing having actually changed behind the scenes at the club.

I'm sure at the fan's forum they claimed commercial revenue was up 70%. It's another statement that contradicts what's in front of us, but I guess we'll see when the accounts are imminently released.

I don't really see those all as being the biggest red flags, but they do show that we haven't really moved forwards in that department despite hiring more staff to work in it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 412
42 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.