Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
lukeo, Misterton Mariner and 52 Guests

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,143 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
February 18, 2024, 3:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
What is a negative comment?

Wanting improvement in performances, results and a new manager are positive comments in my book.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 412
DB
February 18, 2024, 4:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Just a theory but here goes….

Artell allowed an open conversation with the players after the game yesterday and some home truths were raised by senior squad members. He then talks to the owners last night/this morning (maybe both) and admits that he’s made some mistakes and asks them for a chance to change things and they’ve agreed to it on the basis that he’s got a relatively short window (of the owners discretion) in which to turn things round.

I can’t imagine that they will allow this to run and run.

I like the idea but do we have the time to indulge in this? He has failed in his time here so just get rid. I like the guy but it's a matter of nice bloke at the wrong time.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 4:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DB

I like the idea but do we have the time to indulge in this? He has failed in his time here so just get rid. I like the guy but it's a matter of nice bloke at the wrong time.

I don’t disagree with you - he would have gone last night for me - I was just trying to theorise why he didn’t.
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 412
fishcake63
February 18, 2024, 4:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
He didn't because jason doesn't want to be like swann but sometimes even as a businessman you have to admit your errors of judgement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 412
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 4:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
I wouldn’t have used the phrase ‘negative comments’ and I’m surprised JS did. He’s articulate and reflective usually, so I’m surprised he didn’t prefer something like ‘understandable frustrations’ or ‘angry and disappointed reactions’ or some such. Perhaps he was referring specifically to the verbal abuse DA received  from some attendees at the game ? Ok, we can probably all agree that verbal abuse is unpleasant and unwanted, and universally agreeable as negative, but why only mention them and not the thousands of others who have shared their feelings and views and dissatisfaction in other legitimate ways? Surely we are the majority.

If he does sense ‘negativity’ and reflects on that, then surely he can’t escape the conclusion that he has to expunge that. Negativity breeds failure and it’s an ugly look for an organisation with your name as responsible owner. This is how he seems to think. Failure, anger, negativity, humiliation, are not aspects of a ‘culture and environment’ they would associate with. Got to end it and only one way. If not - next game we lose, and it all comes back. If it’s at home it’ll be twice as bad. Twice as abusive. Twice as loud. Twice as prevalent.  It’s over already between the supporters and the manager. Patience has run out. It’s already an overdrawn account.

No, the only way to survive is to create conditions in which we can actually rally around the cause and stick together, even if we lose. We’ve got to be able to lose and react and bounce back without poisoning our own water, as it were. it’s the only way to have a team spirit, and to grind out a few more points.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 412
DB
February 18, 2024, 4:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t disagree with you - he would have gone last night for me - I was just trying to theorise why he didn’t.

You, me and over 80% of The Fishy.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
I wouldn’t have used the phrase ‘negative comments’ and I’m surprised JS did. He’s articulate and reflective usually, so I’m surprised he didn’t prefer something like ‘understandable frustrations’ or ‘angry and disappointed reactions’ or some such. Perhaps he was referring specifically to the verbal abuse DA received  from some attendees at the game ? Ok, we can probably all agree that verbal abuse is unpleasant and unwanted, and universally agreeable as negative, but why only mention them and not the thousands of others who have shared their feelings and views and dissatisfaction in other legitimate ways? Surely we are the majority.

If he does sense ‘negativity’ and reflects on that, then surely he can’t escape the conclusion that he has to expunge that. Negativity breeds failure and it’s an ugly look for an organisation with your name as responsible owner. This is how he seems to think. Failure, anger, negativity, humiliation, are not aspects of a ‘culture and environment’ they would associate with. Got to end it and only one way. If not - next game we lose, and it all comes back. If it’s at home it’ll be twice as bad. Twice as abusive. Twice as loud. Twice as prevalent.  It’s over already between the supporters and the manager. Patience has run out. It’s already an overdrawn account.

No, the only way to survive is to create conditions in which we can actually rally around the cause and stick together, even if we lose. We’ve got to be able to lose and react and bounce back without poisoning our own water, as it were. it’s the only way to have a team spirit, and to grind out a few more points.  

The whole tweet surprised me. The decision, the tone, the language and the fact that it even appeared at all.
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 412
mariner91
February 18, 2024, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from chaos33
It’s over already between the supporters and the manager. Patience has run out. It’s already an overdrawn account.

I think this is the really key point. I'm already sick of hearing him and his BS in interviews as, it seems, are the majority of our fanbase. I don't trust he can coach, I don't trust that he can motivate and I don't trust that he can organise a team based around it's strengths and to minimise it's weaknesses. Judging by the signings as well, I also don't trust that he can recruit well and this is backed up by the majority of Crewe fans from his tenure there.

So even in the unlikely event that he keeps his job and we stay in the FL, how many fans will be enthused for the new season? How many will renew season tickets? It's going to have a massive effect on the playing budget and the reputation of the club and manager is hardly going to help attract players here either. Barring a miraculous turnaround in results and performance which I think we can all agree is highly unlikely, I don't see a future where Artell's reign works out here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 412
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 4:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The whole tweet surprised me. The decision, the tone, the language and the fact that it even appeared at all.

Definitely ego is running through that tweet and he couldn’t help having a little dig about negativity. What about the shite served up by the management and the players?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 412
grimsby pete
February 18, 2024, 4:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Dear Jason you say we have to dig in well that's just digging a bigger hold for us to fall in.

You need to get rid of Artell now before it's too late.

He has said he will continue in playing his way because he knows what he is doing he also said he was manager of the season when at Crewe.

That means nothing it's what he is doing here that counts and in another few weeks we will be in the bottom two.

Don't wait too long because time is not on our side.

A third period in non league is something the fans. Won't stomach and we could be down there for years.

Nearly 70 years of supporting town and I have never felt so low.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 412
42 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.