Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,170 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
The Caterham Mariner
February 18, 2024, 3:10pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from bradzmilne
The players have stopped playing for Artell.

He has to go.

This post speaks volumes to me ...what about the rest of you ?

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 412
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from headingly_mariner

That's just balderdash. How can you forget the way he treated the fans, the club and the people who he worked with.

Comparing the new owners to Fenty is night and day. The way the club is run has been dragged into the 21st century, there are no worries about shady motives to do with the ground and criminals. The Chairman regularly answers any questions from media. And so much more.
It's a hard thing to do and success rarely happens in a straight line.

They've spent pots of money improving the ground and training facilities, the team regularly stays over and prepares properly for away days, the players and players families are looked after.

Add to that we've had a promotion and an FA Cup quarter final in the three years they've been in charge.

This is their first relegation battle, Fenty lost 4 of those. I don't agree with their decision, but the two regimes are not even similar. I'm off the opinion that club owners shouldn't be lauded and worshipped, they don't kick the balls, it's usually an ego thing and a rich man's toy. And to be fair to our owners I think there's a bit of that. I find Stockwood a bit of a bore and feel like he loves the sound of his own voice.

But I'd take that and have him in a heartbeat over the previous regime. Do I read his self indulgent guardian articles? No
Do I believe that him and Andrew are trying to improve the club? Yes

They probably don't want to come forward in public but you may find some staff who are no longer with the club being unhappy with the way they were treated.

Are we better off than when they were here?

As for the way the club is currently being run, we now have more backroom staff than you can shake a stick at and look where it has taken us to, staring at a big hole called non league.
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 412
IlkleyMariner
February 18, 2024, 3:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
We all know that we are in the S**t. What we can’t work out is why and what to do about it.

Any suggestion to return to Fentyism should be resisted at all costs.

If there was an honest frank exchange of views by players and management after the game, good. So long as improvements come along starting Saturday. Wholesale winging and bickering achieves nothing, and may even make things worse.

The team will have my support next weekend, as I’m sure many others will give. Let’s hope it brings a smile to our faces. Two wins in next two games isn’t a season, but the 6 points gained would make one hell of a difference to the mood music.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 412
The Caterham Mariner
February 18, 2024, 3:24pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 140381
If only Stockwood had written for the Daily Mail, all this could’ve been avoided.

Mr Stockwood with all your statistics theory
Tell me  please how many Grimsby fans read the Guardian or what is the readership in Grimsby area?
IT'S your fans going through the turnstiles put cash in the club tills, at present  watching poor football dwindling fanbase.
Oh yes I read "The Times" even though it takes me all day to read it LOL!!
You gotta laugh at the moment  or you will cry.

UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 412
HertsGTFC
February 18, 2024, 3:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GrimRob
Artell gets vote of confidence

Tweet 1759184951314915455 will appear here...

What does “accepting responsibility” actually mean or more importantly look like? If you say “responsibility” then you have to create some form of change on the back of it don’t you?

To hit the magic 50 points we need 1.4 PPG under Artell it’s been 8.3PPG (I think) that would require a swing of 41% the players just don’t have it in them.

Each time you lose the required PPG goes up until only wins will do & eventually the sand runs out.

Both JS & AP are Town barmy, they must be to do what they’ve done/doing but if we start next season in the NL that’s a horrible responsibility to bear.

Personally I think if we don’t best FGR they’ll sack Artell, that would leave 13 games which would still be a massive challenge.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 412
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Yoda, you don't understand football do you,..

The contract could be 125 years but its the termination period that's the import factor.

Listened to Gary Rowett, Ainsworth and Sherwood discussing this exact issue and they said most managerial appointments will have a 6 month termination written into their contracts, to protect the club but give the manager some assurance that if it goes mammaries up he's not left in the excrement financially

As you say, it depends on the contract so there may not be a clause in it so we could be responsible for paying up his full contract.
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 412
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362

Mr Stockwood with all your statistics theory
Tell me  please how many Grimsby fans read the Guardian or what is the readership in Grimsby area?
IT'S your fans going through the turnstiles put cash in the club tills, at present  watching poor football dwindling fanbase.
Oh yes I read "The Times" even though it takes me all day to read it LOL!!
You gotta laugh at the moment  or you will cry.

UTM

I mean, what does any of that have to do with anything?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 412
ROKERITE
February 18, 2024, 3:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5

This post speaks volumes to me ...what about the rest of you ?

I'd hope it isn't true but if it is then the players must go. Unfortunately they're all here till season's end and Artell has just got to hope enough points can be scraped together in the next ten weeks or so to survive. Then in the summer he can put together a squad who have more professional pride.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 3:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ROKERITE

I'd hope it isn't true but if it is then the players must go. Unfortunately they're all here till season's end and Artell has just got to hope enough points can be scraped together in the next ten weeks or so to survive. Then in the summer he can put together a squad who have more professional pride.

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. Players will talk to their agents who will talk to their other players and, as difficult as it is already to attract players, it will become harder.
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 412
arryarryarry
February 18, 2024, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
We all know that we are in the S**t. What we can’t work out is why and what to do about it.

Any suggestion to return to Fentyism should be resisted at all costs.

If there was an honest frank exchange of views by players and management after the game, good. So long as improvements come along starting Saturday. Wholesale winging and bickering achieves nothing, and may even make things worse.

The team will have my support next weekend, as I’m sure many others will give. Let’s hope it brings a smile to our faces. Two wins in next two games isn’t a season, but the 6 points gained would make one hell of a difference to the mood music.

It's simple why we are in the excrement.

Hurst signed some crap players with some of the FA Cup money. Then he had a poor spell with the data saying he had to go.

Then we dithered in getting a replacement eventually giving the job to someone who had been out of work for ages.

Then this new manager decided to play a way that our players couldn't do, so signed some more players that have turned out to be more crap than what Hurst signed and we are now getting dicked each game.
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 412
42 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.