Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 30,878 views. Print
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Phil the cod
February 17, 2024, 5:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from tarka

Jesus bloody Christ. What a wazzock.

Here's the first one......
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 412
GrimRob
February 17, 2024, 5:48pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,416
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The Grimsby Way haha yes a 3rd relegation to non league. How on earth did this clown get the job your data is excrement so is your recruitment guy your coaches and your new signings. Sack this idiot now tonight and get some fight and passion back in the team.All I saw there was players either hiding of simply not good enough for EFL football and summed Artell up when he brought on the young kid from Coventry before Pyke and Wilson.Artell Out

There literally was no data on Artell he has been out of work for 18 months. We deluded ourselves that he played the Grimsby Way and he told us what we wanted to hear. He struck the jackpot when he got a phone call from us and got a 2.5 year deal. What mugs we were.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 412
It Bites
February 17, 2024, 5:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,210
Gold Stars: 265
If we go down do these ground improvement still need doing ?
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 412
crusty ole pie
February 17, 2024, 5:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,351
Gold Stars: 66
I politely asked Andrew petit on leaving ground at 1-4 hie eyes said it all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 412
1mickylyons
February 17, 2024, 5:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GrimRob

There literally was no data on Artell he has been out of work for 18 months. We deluded ourselves that he played the Grimsby Way and he told us what we wanted to hear. He struck the jackpot when he got a phone call from us and got a 2.5 year deal. What mugs we were.

6 weeks they fannied about and concluded he was the answer. I can't believe I'm typing this but these lot have learnt nothing from Fentys catalogue of errors. I  feel sick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 412
crusty ole pie
February 17, 2024, 6:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,351
Gold Stars: 66
Certainly cannot blame the fans at 0-2 thought we was fantastic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 412
Bradford Mariner
February 17, 2024, 6:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
The club is in freefall, something has to change and quickly.

The owners need to get the coaching team together ( manager and assistants ) and have a no holds barred debate about what's going wrong and hammer out a plan to dig us out of this mess. We can't continue doing the same things over and over again and expect a different outcome.

Between now and the season end, the players will be the same so the coaches have to find a way to get the best out of this group.

The only goal now is to avoid relegation, then there must be a more in depth debate about the club's recruitment strategy (players and coaches) and where this has gone so wrong.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 412
mariner91
February 17, 2024, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
They need to accept that they’ve made a disastrous appointment in Artell and fire him before the weekend is over.

They also need to accept that they’ve royally ballsed up talking about “the Grimsby way”. There is no Grimsby way. We haven’t played that way for over 20 years. Even Buckley couldn’t get a team playing like that again successfully in his third tenure. The game is too professional, too well drilled and players are too fit. Unless your players are better than the opposition then it not possible to always pass through them and you need the ability to mix it up. I’m sure this misty-eyed, romanticised notion of a “Grimsby way” is what led to Artell’s appointment and it’s been a disaster.

I’m still grateful for what they’ve done but they’ve got to rectify this and quickly or we’re back to square one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 412
Phil the cod
February 17, 2024, 6:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from mariner91
They need to accept that they’ve made a disastrous appointment in Artell and fire him before the weekend is over.

They also need to accept that they’ve royally ballsed up talking about “the Grimsby way”. There is no Grimsby way. We haven’t played that way for over 20 years. Even Buckley couldn’t get a team playing like that again successfully in his third tenure. The game is too professional, too well drilled and players are too fit. Unless your players are better than the opposition then it not possible to always pass through them and you need the ability to mix it up. I’m sure this misty-eyed, romanticised notion of a “Grimsby way” is what led to Artell’s appointment and it’s been a disaster.

I’m still grateful for what they’ve done but they’ve got to rectify this and quickly or we’re back to square one.

Exactly this.
Look at how other teams have bigger , quicker, more mentally strong characters than us.
All our players look like 7 stone weaklings compared to the likes of Tranmere, Harrogate, and other massive bastions of football.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 412
LH
February 17, 2024, 6:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from mariner91

You’ll get told they never said this but it’s bang on. They’ve said they wanted attractive football a few times. It’s appropriate football we need - and that currently means getting at least a point a game on average for the rest of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 412
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.