Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,174 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
February 18, 2024, 8:36am
Guest User
Quoted from Hagrid

They wont. Im telling you that as a fact

You're missing my point, true supporters will as will I, and I'm telling you that as a fact!

Reply: 110 - 412
February 18, 2024, 8:39am
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

No, not all of them will. It’s £24 for a ticket on the day, I’m not paying that to watch Tamworth or Dorking. It’s an expensive hobby which frankly for 20 years now has brought little in the way of enjoyment. The hope that this time would be different and the realisation that it isn’t and that we are perpetually crap will be too much for a lot to justify spending more precious time and money on.

Anyway, I thought I was blocked?

You got a reprieve.

Reply: 111 - 412
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 8:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,967
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 123614

You're missing my point, true supporters will as will I, and I'm telling you that as a fact!

You don’t even go to matches, so I’m not sure you’re in a position to throw assertions around such as this.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 412
Hagrid
February 18, 2024, 8:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from 123614

My dads been going 60 years. He wont do another season in non league.

I’ve been going 22 years. I wont do another season in non league

Facts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 8:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from mariner91

No, not all of them will. It’s £24 for a ticket on the day, I’m not paying that to watch Tamworth or Dorking. It’s an expensive hobby which frankly for 20 years now has brought little in the way of enjoyment. The hope that this time would be different and the realisation that it isn’t and that we are perpetually crap will be too much for a lot to justify spending more precious time and money on.

Anyway, I thought I was blocked?

As a family, we have had 2,3 or 4 season tickets for the past 15 years. One more relegation, so soon, would probably stop that.

Why? Because they’re spending money to stand still and still not competing with other clubs of similar stature. Stockwood wants to change the rules and level up the playing field. Not going to happen.

It’s all very laudable and the business is, undoubtedly, better run but that doesn’t necessarily mean you win football matches which is why fans turn up.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 412
FishySmithy
February 18, 2024, 8:43am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 123614

I have to agree with Hagrid, people will still and always support but possibly won’t by a season ticket, attend in person but support from a far watch via France 😉 I for one I’m fed up of wasting my day with very little in return and those that sit around me and others I speak too feel the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 412
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 18, 2024, 8:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 123614

Bully for you. I’ve been going for 59 years but yesterday was the final nail in the coffin as far as I’m concerned. Season tickets will definitely not be renewed, even if we manage to stay up, and not even sure I will go again this season. So I obviously don’t meet your criteria for a true supporter oh well I can live with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 412
pen penfras
February 18, 2024, 8:58am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As a family, we have had 2,3 or 4 season tickets for the past 15 years. One more relegation, so soon, would probably stop that.

Why? Because they’re spending money to stand still and still not competing with other clubs of similar stature. Stockwood wants to change the rules and level up the playing field. Not going to happen.

It’s all very laudable and the business is, undoubtedly, better run but that doesn’t necessarily mean you win football matches which is why fans turn up.

Is the business better run? Last season Stockwood claimed he had to put in a million. We had record season ticket sales and an FA Cup quarter final. We made profits under Fenty with a lot less income. The improvements to the ground etc are worth nowhere near 1.5 million that it'd have to be to account for all that money.

If things were miles better either football or infrastructure wise, I'd say you're right. But to spend this much more money on a team that's just as bad and facilities that are marginally improved does not say good business to me. If it truly has cost so much then you have to question the ability to negotiate a good deal.

They're creating a monster that needs external funding to survive. And from what I hear, they don't want to supply that funding anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 412
HerveJosse
February 18, 2024, 9:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
I can’t imagine it’s very pleasant to have to part with hard earned cash unexpectedly or depart from the rational business world approach they want to adopt by recruiting someone one week and then 12 weeks later paying them up to £250k to go away but that is what they need to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 412
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 9:45am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,449
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from HerveJosse
I can’t imagine it’s very pleasant to have to part with hard earned cash unexpectedly or depart from the rational business world approach they want to adopt by recruiting someone one week and then 12 weeks later paying them up to £250k to go away but that is what they need to do.

It's money well spent if it keeps us up. The prize for being in this division next season is considerable. It would be gut wrenching to get relegated at any time but to miss out on the funding from the new tv deal will be terrible.

They can  just pretend Conteh was released if it makes them feel better.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 119 - 412
42 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.