Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,152 views. Print
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
JK47
February 17, 2024, 9:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +221
Gold Stars: 3
"We could end up worse off than Scunny, they own their stadium"

They don't.  It's owned by a not-for-profit company, and they used Government "Town's Fund" money to buy it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 412
mariner91
February 17, 2024, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Heisenberg

It wouldn’t be terminal, but it might be more embarrassing than the last two put together, which was unthinkable a year ago.

To be more specific, could be terminal for the club as a FL team. I wouldn't expect most of our fans to stick by the club again, there is only so much people can take before you start to think it's a waste of time and money to be made miserable 90% of the time.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 412
chaos33
February 17, 2024, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from mariner91

To be more specific, could be terminal for the club as a FL team. I wouldn't expect most of our fans to stick by the club again, there is only so much people can take before you start to think it's a waste of time and money to be made miserable 90% of the time.

I will 100% turn my back if we are managed back to the conference, yet again,  and I think hundreds, if not thousands will do the same - especially those who are 40/45 plus and have just had more than a belly full of it. Going back to the conference cannot be allowed to happen. It will kill the club. If the owners let the current manager have another game, or even 2, then they are playing Russian Roulette.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 412
Captaincod
February 17, 2024, 10:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from golfer
Put £50K in a brown envelope and see what happens.

Sam Allardyce?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 412
mariner91
February 17, 2024, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from chaos33

I will 100% turn my back if we are managed back to the conference, yet again,  and I think hundreds, if not thousands will do the same - especially those who are 40/45 plus and have just had more than a belly full of it. Going back to the conference cannot be allowed to happen. It will kill the club. If the owners let the current manager have another game, or even 2, then they are playing Russian Roulette.

I won't fully turn my back on the club but I've only missed three home games this season. I cant' be bothered to watch us against the likes of Dorking and Wealdstone again. My son is 2 and not old enough to come with me to games yet so I give up time I could spend with him to be treated to shite like today. Frankly, I'd rather save the money and play Brio with him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 412
DB
February 17, 2024, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from mariner91

As someone above pointed out the next 3 months (15 games) and going to be the most important in the club's current history. JS & AP have got to make the right decisions for the club and sentiment etc. out of the decision. If they don't they could end up with a financial millstone around their necks. I remember the words of Alan Sugar which was something like ' I wish I never got involved with running a football club' and was very pleased to sell up.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 17, 2024, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from mariner91

I won't fully turn my back on the club but I've only missed three home games this season. I cant' be bothered to watch us against the likes of Dorking and Wealdstone again. My son is 2 and not old enough to come with me to games yet so I give up time I could spend with him to be treated to shite like today. Frankly, I'd rather save the money and play Brio with him.

We’ve had three or four season tickets in our house for at least 10 years now. We sat down for tea tonight and, collectively, we said that we’ve had enough. You’ve got to have some sort of hope. The club is giving us none.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 412
Swansea_Mariner
February 17, 2024, 10:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
So off the pitch we've had some impoved food, a new website, a new badge, a glass barrier, some required backlog maintenance, integrated sprinklers, a bit of drainage works and a new portacabin.

The fanzone predated them and the badge was a freebie.

On pitch rapidly turning into a new disaster + oodles of new backroom staff presumably not improving our on pitch fortunes.

Pretty small increments on what were admittedly the previous excrement show
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 412
Marinerdeano
February 17, 2024, 10:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
So off the pitch we've had some impoved food, a new website, a new badge, a glass barrier, some required backlog maintenance, integrated sprinklers, a bit of drainage works and a new portacabin.

The fanzone predated them and the badge was a freebie.

On pitch rapidly turning into a new disaster + oodles of new backroom staff presumably not improving our on pitch fortunes.

Pretty small increments on what were admittedly the previous excrement show

Not to mention a promotion, first top half league 2 finish in years and FA cup quarter final. Admittedly we are going through an unexpected rough season but ignore those facts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 412
MuddyWaters
February 17, 2024, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Marinerdeano

Not to mention a promotion, first top half league 2 finish in years and FA cup quarter final. Admittedly we are going through an unexpected rough season but ignore those facts.

We’re at the point of no return. No one is denying the positives of the last two seasons, just astounded that we could have spunked them so rapidly.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 412
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.