Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To the Owners (merged)

This thread currently has 31,173 views. Print
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
newarkmariner
February 18, 2024, 6:56am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
without doubt Artell must go and go now,i cant believe we are sleepwalking into non league again.the silence from the chuckle brothers is deafeneing.too bothered about effing rainbow flags on balls and B corp bullshite.
if a certain fishmonger was penny pinching like this pair of whoppers all hell would break loose,Pair off bloody charlatans whos vanity project is a bit bigger then they thought,never mind will read all about how football life isnt fair in the leftie shitrag Guardian no doubt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 412
Northbank Mariner
February 18, 2024, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from newarkmariner
without doubt Artell must go and go now,i cant believe we are sleepwalking into non league again.the silence from the chuckle brothers is deafeneing.too bothered about effing rainbow flags on balls and B corp bullshite.
if a certain fishmonger was penny pinching like this pair of whoppers all hell would break loose,Pair off bloody charlatans whos vanity project is a bit bigger then they thought,never mind will read all about how football life isnt fair in the leftie shitrag Guardian no doubt.

What a load of bollox pal!!...

Stockwood and Petite took over a club who's infrastructure was on its bottom due to 20+ years of intercourse all investment in the vain hope of "football fortune".

They not only had to spend £1m plus on paying that robbing get (see trust shares" off but spent god knows how much sorting out the excrement he left behind.

Right now they have their backs against the wall, sacking Hurst was definitely the right thing to do at that time, but taking 7 weeks to replace him was a poor decision, they should've had a new manager all but lined up, certainly as they admitted they'd been watching the "data" on Hurst for the previous 6 games before Paul n Chris were relieved of their duties.

So, they now have a real decision to make, sack Artell, hold their hands up and admit they screwed up, or stick on with him, carry on alienating the fans, losing hundreds/thousands of ST holders next season and seeing a massive drop off in revenue die to losing our EFL status....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 412
Davec
February 18, 2024, 8:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Walking out of the ground yesterday a total stranger who was very angry he shouted to anybody who would listen "if Fenty was here still he would be getting blamed for this" and it's hard not to agree, in that respect the owners must take their share of the responsibility.

Irrespective of the league we are in next season. Season ticket sales will be back to normal 3 and a half thousand and that will provide a real reality check to the owners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 412
February 18, 2024, 8:16am
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

How do you know it’s not a Vanity Project? Do you personally know the owners and have discussed this with them? Has someone told you who has direct knowledge of why they bought the club?

If not stop posting until you have a credible source supporting your statements.

How do you know it is?

Reply: 103 - 412
February 18, 2024, 8:17am
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

To be more specific, could be terminal for the club as a FL team. I wouldn't expect most of our fans to stick by the club again, there is only so much people can take before you start to think it's a waste of time and money to be made miserable 90% of the time.

True supporters will.

Reply: 104 - 412
February 18, 2024, 8:22am
Guest User
Quoted from RichMariner
Artell is currently presiding over one of the worst - if not the worst - home records in the entire 146-year history of this proud club.

Before 2024 began, we'd only conceded 5+ goals at BP three times in 25 years (Donny, ironically, Burnley, and Charlton).

Now we've done it three times in seven weeks.

We are beyond the point of no return. Even if DA steadies the ship from here and we stay up, the fans will turn on him the very moment things begin to look dodgy again.

One little wobble and he'll be feeling the pressure. Because it'll be like 'Oh god, here we go again.'

Fans have lost confidence in him. I agree that the players aren't good enough and need to look themselves in the mirror, but you've got to question why Artell has let us slip to this scenario.

In his post-match interview he's talking about home truths. Home truths, after 12 games in charge??!!

My reading of the situation is this: the players don't believe in what he's trying to do. They've had a go, they've clearly failed, and I think goals four and five today epitomised a team in which the players gave up.

We have had two totally unacceptable results at home since the turn of the year. The defeats to Tranmere and Harrogate weren't massive in margin but the Tranmere one for me was the big worry. I saw players arguing with themselves, DA arguing with an official, and an air of resignation at full time.

What the owners need to do now is decide what is going to cost the club more: sacking DA or relegation to non-League for a third time.

I don't envy their position. As easy as it is for us to say 'just sack the guy' it's going to be far more complex than that. Who replaces him? Is it appropriate that such inexperience in SP & BD take over?

Lol, every single football manager argues with officials on a regular basis.

Reply: 105 - 412
FishySmithy
February 18, 2024, 8:26am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Twist or Stick,

Twist and let him go take the hit releasing it didn’t work and you made a mistake and pay him off.

Stick if it works out then that’s the perfect storm, we stay up end of season review the set up and staff and make some changes.

Stick and if it all goes wrong take the flack that will be rightly due aimed your way, consider two things are you cut out for this job running a football club and are their better suited individuals who could? Also you made the choice to stick so dig deep into your own pockets out spend the rest of the NL with top draw players and a manager to get us back up, or face the abyss for long period of time and see the club and fan base dwindle away like dust post Thanos clic in infinity war.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 412
Hagrid
February 18, 2024, 8:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from 123614

True supporters will.

They wont. Im telling you that as a fact
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 412
The Caterham Mariner
February 18, 2024, 8:27am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Teestogreen
Unfortunately, the owners are responsible for the whole sorry mess this season.
How they can extract themselves from this?
I’m sure they are Grimsby Town fans the same as me.
But - they need to ‘switch on’ and quickly - oh ! and do not place all of your faith in data.

Talk to people!

Talk to people ...LISTEN TO YOUR TOWN FANS !!!!They are trying to tell you something...UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 412
mariner91
February 18, 2024, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,747
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 123614

True supporters will.

No, not all of them will. It’s £24 for a ticket on the day, I’m not paying that to watch Tamworth or Dorking. It’s an expensive hobby which frankly for 20 years now has brought little in the way of enjoyment. The hope that this time would be different and the realisation that it isn’t and that we are perpetually crap will be too much for a lot to justify spending more precious time and money on.

Anyway, I thought I was blocked?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 412
42 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To the Owners (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.