Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Which side of the fence are you on?
In
Out
  View Results 306 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst in or out?

This thread currently has 16,351 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
October 25, 2023, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from lukeo
78% say out, speaks volumes.
I voted out not because we lost last night but in the manner of how we did. If we'd have played well and lost I'd be half tempted to stay in the 'in' camp. But the football we are playing is dreadful.

Well said. We can all, reluctantly accept defeat, but it is the manner in which we have played at home. After a win, the second thing is it has to be entertaining and it hasn't for most of both this season and last season at home in the league.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 215
Hagrid
October 25, 2023, 2:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Chrisblor
Last night I wanted him sacked at half-time but now mainly in response to the volume of unnecessarily opprobrious tweets and comments from the mouth breathing section of our fanbase i'm learning towards giving him a bit longer to turn it around. I just don't understand why so many of them feel the need to be so rude and classless about Hurst when he has (in the past, not now) achieved more success than any manager not named Alan Buckley at this club in the last 40 years. Yes you can want a change of manager (and i'm about 90% of the way to feeling the same myself), but is there really any need to be a vile sharp object about it?

its absolutely disgusting, Some of the usual suspects, I myself am in the middle of an argument with a female fan who tweeted that she wanted Hurst to intercourse off and he is a " excrement girl private", when I pulled her up on what she said, she said she hasnt been abusive.

Another bloke called him a boring yorkshire midget.

It absolutely sickens me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 215
GollyGTFC
October 25, 2023, 2:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Here are some stats for you. 4 managers have been sacked in L2 so far this season. There compare their final 8 league results with our most recent 8 league results under Paul Hurst…

10/09/23 - Ian Dawes (Tranmere)
W 1! D 0 L 7 GD -5 Pts 3
*included 1 match at end of 22/23 season

04/10/23 - Mark Hughes (Bradford)
W 2 D 3 L 3 GD -2 Pts 9

05/10/23 - Neil Harris (Gillingham)
W 3 D 1 L 4 GD -5 Pts 10

16/10/23 - Graham Alexander (MK Dons)
W 0 D 4 L 4 GD -5 Pts 4

Paul Hurst (Grimsby Town)
W 1 D 1 L 6 GD -8 Pts 4
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 92 - 215
DB
October 25, 2023, 2:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

They offer an insight into the general sentiment amongst the fanbase, albeit based on a sample of ~5% of match going fans. Incidentally, the results have gradually improved in Hurst’s favour, from 1 in 10 backing him immediately after the game last night, to 1 in 5 first thing this morning, to 1 in 4 as of right now.

Given where are we are, 25% still wanting him in seems pretty decent, and a bit higher than I had anticipated.

Another insight at last nights game was the gate, 5010. There would have been walk ins so over 1,500 ST's voted with their feet. It is said on this forum that at least up to10% of ST's do not turn up for evening matches, which still over !,000. No doubt JS & AP took note.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 215
DB
October 25, 2023, 2:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

And what if we win the next one after Donny, and the next one after that, chuck in a few draws and a few more wins?  5 months is a long time, and plenty of points can be won, just because we are going through a really bad spell atm doesn't mean it's going to go on for the rest of the season.

Yep, 5 months is a long time. But if all goes wrong there isn't enough time to change it around. Hurst has had 15 games and a maximum of 45 points to achieve but managed only 14 points. Time is not a luxury in football as our relegation season proved.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 215
louth_in_the_south
October 25, 2023, 3:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,711
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 123614
I vote in, but that vote, and all the others on here mean absolutely nothing.  Do you think the owners read and take notice and act on what a very small minority of town fans say on a public forum?

I think you’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you don’t think the owners , management and players don’t look at the fishy .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 215
October 25, 2023, 3:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I think you’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you don’t think the owners , management and players don’t look at the fishy .

Well some players might, but as for the Board and Management, I very much doubt it.  Even if they did, they would not act on a very small minority of the Town fans words, and especially not on those who give PH dogs abuse, which is unwarranted.

Reply: 96 - 215
Rick12
October 25, 2023, 3:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 123614

Well some players might, but as for the Board and Management, I very much doubt it.  Even if they did, they would not act on a very small minority of the Town fans words, and especially not on those who give PH dogs abuse, which is unwarranted.

Like you I don't like to see him abused but certainly has to be open for constructive criticism( as we all do in jobs and life ) as the fella is trying to do a good job and must be hard for him on the drive home last night to Sheffield knowing his job is on thin ice.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 215
mariner91
October 25, 2023, 4:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
I think it's time for Hurst to go but some of our fans need to have a look at themselves. He is clearly a genuinely good bloke. This season has not worked out how we'd hoped but does anyone on here not think he'll be as gutted, if not more so, than any of us? Despite some bad times, he has also given us some amazing life-lasting memories that some teams will never get and deserves respect for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 215
Teestogreen
October 25, 2023, 4:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
I’m not sure whether in or out - as I don’t know who it is decides which players to sign. Asked this on another thread but no answer and a 0-1.
If Paul picks all the players - it’s out. But I thought I’d read there was a profiler called Hutchinson who chose the players - usually gets a mention at the start of the season. Amyone?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.