Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Which side of the fence are you on?
In
Out
  View Results 306 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst in or out?

This thread currently has 16,321 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 25, 2023, 4:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
I don’t want to lose him. I want stability. I still think we’ll make the playoffs in the next 3 seasons with Hurst in charge and be promoted within 5. Call me incremental.

But the results speak for themselves.

We have to stay up to go up in the future.

19 goals conceded in the last 8 matches. Paul will be aware, as we all are, that continuing like that will see us relegated. It’s unsustainable for the sustainable.

After Doncaster we have the Slough banana skin. Morecambe are in great form (3rd on PPG). Then comes Forest Green where, unless we change something drastically, I have a feeling Deeney and Stevens will feast and it could be double figures. Then it’s Sutton!

I want him to stay. I want him to succeed. For him, for us, to ram it up Yoda’s shïtter.

But even my defence feels like a Hurst fanboy tribute act. In fact, if the spineless element of the current team defended as diligently as me, B&W Bear, Ancient & Ginny over the past few weeks, we’d probably be in the playoffs.

Hurst signed these players. He trained them. But ‘some’ of them are an absolute disgrace who have thrown him under the bus. Unfortunately, we are stuck with them until January and it’s Hurst who, rightly or wrongly, will pay the price for those lazy, cowardly cünts.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 215
male private Nale
October 25, 2023, 5:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136

Hurst signed these players. He trained them. But ‘some’ of them are an absolute disgrace who have thrown him under the bus. Unfortunately, we are stuck with them until January and it’s Hurst who, rightly or wrongly, will pay the price for those lazy, cowardly cünts.

UTM

Well don't sit on the fence, which players have thrown him under the bus? or is it the collective?

From where I see, the problem lies predominantly with the tactics, the inability to see what is ineffective and change quickly to remedy.

Then the choice of replacement keeper for the outgoing Crocombe, this lies solely with Hurst and his pre-requisite of most players he signs either having played for him before or live within the South Yorkshire commuter belt.

Hurst is not a terrible manager but league football and a relatively decent transfer budget seems to expose his limitations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 215
Teestogreen
October 25, 2023, 5:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23
I don’t want to lose him. I want stability. I still think we’ll make the playoffs in the next 3 seasons with Hurst in charge and be promoted within 5. Call me incremental.

19 goals conceded in the last 8 matches. Paul will be aware, as we all are, that continuing like that will see us relegated. It’s unsustainable for the sustainable.

After Doncaster we have the Slough banana skin. Morecambe are in great form (3rd on PPG). Then comes Forest Green where, unless we change something drastically, I have a feeling Deeney and Stevens will feast and it could be double figures. Then it’s Sutton!

I want him to stay. I want him to succeed. For him, for us, to ram it up Yoda’s shïtter.

But even my defence feels like a Hurst fanboy tribute act. In fact, if the spineless element of the current team defended as diligently as me, B&W Bear, Ancient & Ginny over the past few weeks, we’d probably be in the playoffs.

UTM

Thanks - like the ‘umlaut’ 🤙

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 215
louth_in_the_south
October 25, 2023, 5:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,708
Gold Stars: 96

UTM

If you told a load of monkeys to put square pegs in round holes long enough , they’d get to the point of saying what the fook are you trying to make us do and lose interest.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 215
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 25, 2023, 5:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 123614

Well some players might, but as for the Board and Management, I very much doubt it.  Even if they did, they would not act on a very small minority of the Town fans words, and especially not on those who give PH dogs abuse, which is unwarranted.

I’m pretty sure the Board read this as it’s the easiest and quickest way to get feedback from their “customers” and I would suggest that the Fishy contributors are a pretty reflective sample of our fan base.

As for the dogs abuse I think there is definitely one whose contribution is unacceptable but the other contributors have all supported their particular leanings with reasons why they are supporting a change in Manager so that’s not likely to upset a butcher’s son and a guy who grew up on the Nunny!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 215
Yoda
October 25, 2023, 5:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
As for Crocombe Hurst has a history of this he let Amond go when he scored 43 goals in one season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 215
Northbank Mariner
October 25, 2023, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Yoda
As for Crocombe Hurst has a history of this he let Amond go when he scored 43 goals in one season.

FFS ...if you're gonna spout sh!te at least get your bloody facts right!!..
Fenty reneged on Amonds new contract, had f all to do with Hurst!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 215
chipsandgravy
October 25, 2023, 6:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Sometimes it just pays to keep your nerve. Getting rid of managers because of poor runs doesnt always pay off. Ask Forest Green, Donny, Tranmere who got rid but didnt really progress.
Season before Nigel Clough was under pressure with supporters because Mansfield were in the bottom two for a number of weeks. Some Crewe fans wanted to get rid of there manager last season because of a dire run. Challinor was under pressure last season  because of a bad start. Look at those three now.
Whilst i am not saying I am not worried, because after last night I am, there are just as many instances of manager's turning it round than there is of getting responses from new managers coming in. Guess the board are gambling on the same.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 215
DB
October 25, 2023, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,053
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Sometimes it just pays to keep your nerve. Getting rid of managers because of poor runs doesnt always pay off. Ask Forest Green, Donny, Tranmere who got rid but didnt really progress.
Season before Nigel Clough was under pressure with supporters because Mansfield were in the bottom two for a number of weeks. Some Crewe fans wanted to get rid of there manager last season because of a dire run. Challinor was under pressure last season  because of a bad start. Look at those three now.
Whilst i am not saying I am not worried, because after last night I am, there are just as many instances of manager's turning it round than there is of getting responses from new managers coming in. Guess the board are gambling on the same.

The problem is that it's not so much the results but the pathetic quality of football as well.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 215
chipsandgravy
October 25, 2023, 6:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from DB

The problem is that it's not so much the results but the pathetic quality of football as well.

Yeah I dont disagree with that. But take last night. If Andrews hadnt fannied around getting robbed and Amos had passed to anyone of the six Town players queueing up in the box to score instead of lamping into the pontoon we would have been justifiably in front whilst playing how I think we can. Whilst I know he picks the team I cant help feel a tad sorry for him whilst we have decision making like those.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.