Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AllanGaudensNeighbour, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, Barrattstander, bartgtfc, bawarmy, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, Brummie Codfather, BulkyMariner, C0cky, Cambs Mariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, Cayman_mariner, chaos33, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, coddy60, CodHead, Connecticut Mariner, Craigy01, Croxton, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, DB, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, Freemoash88, friskneymariner, Gaffer58, Gainsbro_Mariner, GarforthMariner, Geordie Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, ginnywings, gobby, golfer, GollyGTFC, GrahamH, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc98, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, Hants.Mariner, Harbour Rat, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, hheh2, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, JK47, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, jungleland, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, Knut Anders Fosters Voles, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LN8Mariner, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, Mariner56, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Mark GTFC, Martz86, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Nadfink, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, neverapen, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, Pontoon bill, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, scrumble, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, sonofmadeleymariner, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WetFlannel, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Wyberway, Zmariner and 1247 Guests

Which side of the fence are you on?
In
Out
  View Results 306 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst in or out?

This thread currently has 16,344 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
October 25, 2023, 12:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 123614

I don't know what 'silence from the club is deafening' means when the club is pretty much silent most of the time.  The fact that there is still 5 months left of the season to play out gives PH time to get to the bottom of the problem currently, and fix it.

Ha the ostrich mentality right on que.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 215
Quagmire
October 25, 2023, 12:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from 123614

I don't know what 'silence from the club is deafening' means when the club is pretty much silent most of the time.  The fact that there is still 5 months left of the season to play out gives PH time to get to the bottom of the problem currently, and fix it.

Hurst is the problem.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 215
pontoonlew
October 25, 2023, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 123614

So we’re going to sleepwalk into a relegation battle with a manager who’s EFL record is worse than the majority of managers in our league and the guy who appears to have drunk away the money from our most lucrative cup run ever?

Whilst I respect the opinions of those who want him to stay, I still can’t get my head round it. I’ve not seen a single justification for him staying in the job that I can get on board with & the thought that our board probably think he should stay too worries the hell out of me in all honesty. It makes me seriously question what our long term ambitions actually are and where 3 wins in 19 games fits into that.

I said it before Stockport, I said it before Colchester and I’m saying it before Doncaster, if we win the next game, then what? Is everything suddenly okay and does the clock reset on Hurst for another run of defeats? It’s a never ending cycle that needs to be cut today.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 215
Hagrid
October 25, 2023, 12:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pontoonlew
The silence from the club today is deafening, it felt inevitable he’d be sacked last night and now it feels inevitable he’ll be given yet another lifeline.

It must be brilliant knowing not matter what you do in your job, you’re almost certain to remain in it.

tbf our social media Prescence is dire recently, i feel we need a statement on clarity at least
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 215
1mickylyons
October 25, 2023, 12:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
I think it's probably time to start draping Hurst Out banners around the Town
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 215
Hagrid
October 25, 2023, 12:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I think it's probably time to start draping Hurst Out banners around the Town

FFS no, Dont be a Jacko
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 215
October 25, 2023, 12:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

So we’re going to sleepwalk into a relegation battle with a manager who’s EFL record is worse than the majority of managers in our league and the guy who appears to have drunk away the money from our most lucrative cup run ever?

Whilst I respect the opinions of those who want him to stay, I still can’t get my head round it. I’ve not seen a single justification for him staying in the job that I can get on board with & the thought that our board probably think he should stay too worries the hell out of me in all honesty. It makes me seriously question what our long term ambitions actually are and where 3 wins in 19 games fits into that.

I said it before Stockport, I said it before Colchester and I’m saying it before Doncaster, if we win the next game, then what? Is everything suddenly okay and does the clock reset on Hurst for another run of defeats? It’s a never ending cycle that needs to be cut today.

And what if we win the next one after Donny, and the next one after that, chuck in a few draws and a few more wins?  5 months is a long time, and plenty of points can be won, just because we are going through a really bad spell atm doesn't mean it's going to go on for the rest of the season.

Reply: 76 - 215
arryarryarry
October 25, 2023, 1:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid

tbf our social media Prescence is dire recently, i feel we need a statement on clarity at least

The last thing Paul Hurst wants from the chairman is a vote of confidence.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 215
Croxton
October 25, 2023, 1:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Hagrid

Yesterday's statement at 3.38 that the game would go ahead seemed a reactive one to queries on here and twitter rather than a proactive service to the thousand or so exiles who travel to home games.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 215
pontoonlew
October 25, 2023, 1:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 123614

And what if we win the next one after Donny, and the next one after that, chuck in a few draws and a few more wins?  5 months is a long time, and plenty of points can be won, just because we are going through a really bad spell atm doesn't mean it's going to go on for the rest of the season.

Even if we looked remotely capable of that, you’re talking about a scenario where we play this season out believing we can avoid relegation, that is absolutely unacceptable to me.

It also involves him getting yet another transfer window, after cocking up every single one since our return to the EFL
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.