Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Which side of the fence are you on?
In
Out
  View Results 306 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst in or out?

This thread currently has 16,335 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
October 25, 2023, 6:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,779
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Chrisblor
Last night I wanted him sacked at half-time but now mainly in response to the volume of unnecessarily opprobrious tweets and comments from the mouth breathing section of our fanbase i'm learning towards giving him a bit longer to turn it around. I just don't understand why so many of them feel the need to be so rude and classless about Hurst when he has (in the past, not now) achieved more success than any manager not named Alan Buckley at this club in the last 40 years. Yes you can want a change of manager (and i'm about 90% of the way to feeling the same myself), but is there really any need to be a vile sharp object about it?

I was up for bannering the flyover this morning, but turned into Hursts’s no.1 fan when I started listening to that American fella on the DN35 podcast today. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but that guy’s a real jerk-off!
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 215
toontown
October 25, 2023, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Yeah I dont disagree with that. But take last night. If Andrews hadnt fannied around getting robbed and Amos had passed to anyone of the six Town players queueing up in the box to score instead of lamping into the pontoon we would have been justifiably in front whilst playing how I think we can. Whilst I know he picks the team I cant help feel a tad sorry for him whilst we have decision making like those.

Amos contract expired last year, Hurst either cocked up and forgot/didn't realise he would get an extension if he kept playing him in so many games or he did know and actively played him and triggered it.

I really like Amos as a character, I just don't believe he's good enough to play regularly and be in a top half league 2 side. Hurst had an entire flipping season to decide on getting someone better and didn't. He has to carry a very considerable level of responsibility if Amos performances (along with loads of others obviously!) are contributing to him being in line for the chop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 215
ginnywings
October 25, 2023, 7:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB

The problem is that it's not so much the results but the pathetic quality of football as well.

Pretty much a given in League 2. The only 2 sides that made us look mugs were Barrow for 45 mins and Mansfield for most of the game, and yet we took 4 points from those two.

The "quality" wouldn't be so much of an issue if we were winning games by the odd goal instead of losing them.

We weren't great last night, but all the game stats were comfortably in our favour, apart from the important ones of goals scored and goals conceded. We've done the same in many games, and yet keep coming out with nothing.

I see a team that is severely lacking in confidence because we somehow keep losing games we shouldn't be. Everything is being overthought and not coming naturally at the moment, because of it.

Yeah, I know, I'm flogging a dead horse because Hurst signed them and trains them, so something something new manager something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 215
October 25, 2023, 7:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I’m pretty sure the Board read this as it’s the easiest and quickest way to get feedback from their “customers” and I would suggest that the Fishy contributors are a pretty reflective sample of our fan base.

As for the dogs abuse I think there is definitely one whose contribution is unacceptable but the other contributors have all supported their particular leanings with reasons why they are supporting a change in Manager so that’s not likely to upset a butcher’s son and a guy who grew up on the Nunny!!

What, all 2-300 that post here on match days?    Hardly a 'reflective sample' of the thousands of GTFC supporters.

Reply: 113 - 215
Mappers
October 25, 2023, 7:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,476
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from ginnywings

Pretty much a given in League 2. The only 2 sides that made us look mugs were Barrow for 45 mins and Mansfield for most of the game, and yet we took 4 points from those two.

The "quality" wouldn't be so much of an issue if we were winning games by the odd goal instead of losing them.

We weren't great last night, but all the game stats were comfortably in our favour, apart from the important ones of goals scored and goals conceded. We've done the same in many games, and yet keep coming out with nothing.

I see a team that is severely lacking in confidence because we somehow keep losing games we shouldn't be. Everything is being overthought and not coming naturally at the moment, because of it.

Yeah, I know, I'm flogging a dead horse because Hurst signed them and trains them, so something something new manager something.

League 2 is junk isn't it - Mansfield ,Barrow and Notts looked quite good the rest have looked no better ,some even worse than us ; which makes our current situation even more frustrating.

It's a dire brand of football in the main really alright there are a few better footballing teams but when you get the likes of Wrexham & Stockport splashing millions to effectively play clogger % football it makes you wonder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 215
arryarryarry
October 25, 2023, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Yeah I dont disagree with that. But take last night. If Andrews hadnt fannied around getting robbed and Amos had passed to anyone of the six Town players queueing up in the box to score instead of lamping into the pontoon we would have been justifiably in front whilst playing how I think we can. Whilst I know he picks the team I cant help feel a tad sorry for him whilst we have decision making like those.

And if I had just 3 more numbers on my Lotto ticket I would now be several millions pounds richer rather than just 30.00
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 215
Spurn boy
October 25, 2023, 7:57pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
After last night’s performance I was in the Hurst out camp and really annoyed and frustrated at what was happening, I woke up this morning with a different attitude after listening to Hurst’s interview on RH and feel that he is a genuine guy who does care about our club but everything is going against him at the moment. I do believe he should be given more time but have serious doubts about Eastwood who I believe does not inspire his teammates with a lot of confidence, I saw the facial reactions of some of the players last night after conceding the  goals and I believe as long as Eastwood is in goal we will struggle.UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 215
MuddyWaters
October 25, 2023, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Spurn boy
After last night’s performance I was in the Hurst out camp and really annoyed and frustrated at what was happening, I woke up this morning with a different attitude after listening to Hurst’s interview on RH and feel that he is a genuine guy who does care about our club but everything is going against him at the moment. I do believe he should be given more time but have serious doubts about Eastwood who I believe does not inspire his teammates with a lot of confidence, I saw the facial reactions of some of the players last night after conceding the  goals and I believe as long as Eastwood is in goal we will struggle.UTM

So you feel sorry for Hurst because the goalie he wanted is excrement?
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 215
TAGG
October 25, 2023, 9:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Has he copulated off yet?

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 215
AncientExiledMariner
October 25, 2023, 10:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So you feel sorry for Hurst because the goalie he wanted is excrement?

Eastwood isn't the number 1. Cartwright is. I think it's probably clear that our first choice didn't work out as we would have liked, and we're sticking with the backup for now. We probably cannot deal with the situation until January.

No football manager gets every decision right. We shouldn't expect them to. We just need to see that at the first opportunity, they look to resolve it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 215
22 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.