Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Which side of the fence are you on?
In
Out
  View Results 306 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst in or out?

This thread currently has 16,071 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
October 26, 2023, 11:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Poojah

He’s from Birkenhead and was already employed there as “technical director” (whatever that means).

I didn't know he was from that area, so that makes sense. He is now their manager, and took over when Ian Dawes got the push in September.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 215
October 27, 2023, 12:32am
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Had it confirmed tonight, by a guy who works for the Chimps, that they received over100 applications following Kennedy’s departure so I’m sure we will get plenty of choice should the axe fall on PH.

My TV has over 100 channels...problem is 99% of them are showing garbage.
Reply: 191 - 215
gtfc_chris
October 27, 2023, 7:18am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from heppy88

You make some interesting points, although quite a few of the Fishy posters, who are on the fence or ardent Hurst supporters I believe are over 50.

I’m genuinely interested in those supporting Hurst if they like/enjoy what is currently on display?

I would also ask, if they are content in keeping the status quo with the current situation, what would it take for them to change their opinions of Hurst staying at the club?

I read someone earlier post, that although they want Hurst to go, they would want him to stay if we were relegated. Which was also an interesting point of view which a part of me agreed with! I guess what that suggests is Hurst is an excellent non league manager but I’m struggling to see how that can be replicated in the league. Yes I know about Shrewsbury, but he has not had any consistent success/impact in the EFL.

What if we swing the question a different way. In the last 20 years, which manager has delivered a style of football that has had you purring at the end of each game and looking forward to the next one?

Working on a basis that PH is not long for this club anymore, which manager out there are you aware of that would deliver a standard of football that you would find excited to go and watch?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 215
It Bites
October 27, 2023, 7:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,205
Gold Stars: 265
I think Brian Clough summed this town team  up

“ We had a good team on paper , unfortunately football is played on grass”
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 215
1mickylyons
October 27, 2023, 7:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from It Bites
I think Brian Clough summed this town team  up

“ We had a good team on paper , unfortunately football is played on grass”

It's fair comment I can't believe this lot are not a top 10 team at least with the possible exception of goalkeeper. It's a huge shock to the system I wasn't expecting a relegation dogfight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 215
jamesgtfc
October 27, 2023, 8:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190
I think if Hurst goes, the board will give Davies a fair crack at it. It wouldn't surprise me if they went after Gowling either. He's not had a good start at Darlo, but they are awful and have one of the lowest budgets. He is big on the data and scientific side, and I think an evidenced buy-in to that philosophy will be what they look for.

I'm not saying either of those would be my pick, but if this goes on much longer we will be staring relegation in the face and a lot of managers will shy from that challenge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 215
Poojah
October 27, 2023, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,572
Gold Stars: 1,501
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I think if Hurst goes, the board will give Davies a fair crack at it. It wouldn't surprise me if they went after Gowling either. He's not had a good start at Darlo, but they are awful and have one of the lowest budgets. He is big on the data and scientific side, and I think an evidenced buy-in to that philosophy will be what they look for.

I'm not saying either of those would be my pick, but if this goes on much longer we will be staring relegation in the face and a lot of managers will shy from that challenge.

Speaking of that division and (loosely) that part of the world, are South Shields being bankrolled or just well run? They won the Northern Premier last season under Kevin Phillips who left in the summer, and are now 2nd in the NLN under Julio Arca.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 215
mariner91
October 27, 2023, 8:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,656
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Poojah

Speaking of that division and (loosely) that part of the world, are South Shields being bankrolled or just well run? They won the Northern Premier last season under Kevin Phillips who left in the summer, and are now 2nd in the NLN under Julio Arca.

Bankrolled. They are massively over funded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 215
Davec
October 27, 2023, 8:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
I like to think we could be attractive option to managers, we aren't under Fenty anymore, and despite the league table, managers will look at our squad and should think it's not a bad team who are capable of better, they may feel they can get something out of it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 215
lew chaterleys lover
October 27, 2023, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Are you trolling me?!
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 215
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.